ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It's Coming Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 7th, 2005 03:43 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
That is totally unfair and you know it.

I created a totally separate board for politics and it hardly is used. A quick glance at www.maxlugar.com will see that politics is hardly discussed.

But if you can call the views of Sir Stonesalot, Nasty Habits, Sherat, Fiji, MaineMotels and Telebushy monochromatic, you are not being truthful to yourself. Those are some diverse posters right there and I love 'em all.

You know, it gets tiresome being berated for things I DIDN'T say. It happens all the time. In fact, I was saying pretty much EXACTLY what you're saying. I didn't call your star posters (and I'm not being sarcastic, that's a pretty impressive bullpen ya got there, with a few glaring exceptions)monochromatic, I called andy's worldview monochromatic. And I was saying his sensitive constitution wasn't likely to be upset because your lefties mostly keep their yaps shut, and your righties are free to sprinkle FoxNews half-truths throughout their posts without being challenged.

This perhaps is not the best time to draw attention to the apolitical nature of your board, when the debris of Fiji and Moonie's re-enactment of El Alamein is still littering the landscape. Personally I don't think you can separate a man or a woman from their politics unless their beliefs are not important to them. (I mean, I can do it for an evening if some highly esteemed guests drop by, but I can't do it day in and day out) Your avatar with the Hilary Clinton cartoon is as political as mine with the George Bush monkey, except that I don't pretend to be apolitical. Just because your political board is rarely used doesn't mean politics aren't discussed.

Truth be told, I take back any catty comments I've made in the past about your board. It's turned into a pretty cool place. I read a lot of the threads, and have a lot of friends there. I just can't post there. I can't keep my mouth shut and would cause too much trouble. I would STILL be going off about Riffy's ridiculous worship of George Patton, never mind the debate it spawned over which nationality has committed the most atrocities. I feel I have a right to express my opinion here (within limits and in the appropriate threads)- I was posting here when f*cking andrew was still soiling his diapers. (Yes, as long ago as last week! Barrump-bump!)But coming over to your board, the same opinions would be inappropriate. Plus I have no strong masochistic tendencies, which I would certainly need for the hazing I would get.

Anyway, I wanted to make it clear what I was and was not saying. I don't give a f*ck if andrew misunderstands me, but I don't want you to. Because you're C10.
June 7th, 2005 03:51 PM
Joey " I was posting here when f*cking andrew was still soiling his diapers. (Yes, as long ago as last week! Barrump-bump!)But coming over to your board, the same opinions would be inappropriate. Plus I have no strong masochistic tendencies, which I would certainly need for the hazing I would get.

Anyway, I wanted to make it clear what I was and was not saying. I don't give a f*ck if andrew misunderstands me, but I don't want you to. Because you're C10. "

OutStanding Posting My C10 Brother .................

You are much loved by The Joey !

The Joeykins ! , Established 1999

!!!!!!!

June 7th, 2005 03:55 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew "Anyway, I wanted to make it clear what I was and was not saying. I don't give a f*ck if andrew misunderstands me"

You know, Riffy's Patton post was the first political thread or comment of any kind in Max' board in months. Not like here where we are subjected to your BS on a daily fucking, I mean damn near hourly basis. Read the posts at Lugar's and tell me where there is right-wing rhetoric and the stifling of all that is left. JB has been on that board for 6 months. Maine Motels for an equal time. And Gypsy, Sir Moonie, Starbuck, and the others Those guys leave nothing unchallenged. Just because your constant flaming would not be tolerated there does not mean it's some republican think tank. No You don't post there because all you do is rant about how bad America is. And you know Max wants no politics on his board. Fiji and Sir Moonie were told that and I bet it's not a recurrent theme. Fucking A has lurked long enough at Maxy's. It's time to kick the door in and join the party. You're a drag man. A real fucking drag.
[Edited by Fuc*ing Andrew]
June 7th, 2005 04:09 PM
Joey
quote:

Fuc*ing Andrew wrote:
" JB has been on that board for 6 months.

" Some people are funny...others, who actually have inside info, post the same thing about sales. Yet, some chose to attack me. In law, we call that selective enforcement. The ticket sales, contrary to what some may think , are average. (still very few 2nd shows). However, high prices, combined with merchandise and corporate sponsorship will be used in calculating totals....Now I'm a big/tall man in real life and encompass all the pluses and minus' that go along with that..so I can handle the attacks. What amazes me is that other respected members point the same thing out and are credited for such info....and believe me, I credit them, because unless you toll the company line here, the usual suspects come out like hungry Parana.

P.S.-I am also a member of both the State and Federal Bar for the Southern District of Florida!!! I have done maritime foreclosures!!!!! "
June 7th, 2005 04:10 PM
voodoopug best wishes Andrew....while we always havent seen eye to eye on things, you have my respect.

ITS COMING!!!
June 7th, 2005 04:21 PM
Riffhard Well speaking from the point of view of one of the Lotus Couch AllStars I would like to point out that I do not worship Patton! The point of the thread in question was concerning the denutering that political correctness has had on our military, and our society in general. That it got turned into a flame war was never once my intent, and I have only replied twice in the thread since because of the sorrid shit that the thread has become.

I stand behind my belief that a general like Patton would be very good in today's PC world. The man never lost a battle. Not one! His men feared him, but respected the hell out of him. His funeral was attended by over two hundred and fifty thousand service men. No other general has ever had a turnout like for their funeral. That speaks volumes about the respect level that Patton rightfully earned. It was Patton's idea to have all the German townspeople tour the concentration camps set up by Hitler and his thugs. That was a brilliant idea, and it really drove home the point of the evilness of the Nazi party to the people who blindly followed it's ideologies.

Worship Patton? Not at all, but I fully understand that war is the business of killing and nobody understood that better than Patton. I'm just glad he was on our side.

"When a man is lying in a shell hole, if he just stays there all day, a German will get to him eventually. The hell with that idea. The hell with taking it. My men don't dig foxholes. I don't want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don't give the enemy time to dig one either. We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have; or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cock suckers by the bushel-fucking-basket."- 4 star General George S. Patton speaking to the 3rd Army 6/5/44

Do I worship the man? No, but I greatly admire a man that can speak that frankly to his troops who were about to be facing the Nazis. These guys needed this kind of talk, and it fired them up and got them battle ready. Nothing PC at all about that. A soldier talking to group of soldiers. The PC crowd would shit their pants if they heard a general talk like that these days. Oh, and it should be noted that military historians are stll stunned at the speed at which the US 3rd Army swept through Europe in route to liberating France, Belgium, and Germany. Patton did that. A great general at just the right time in history.

Riffhard
June 7th, 2005 04:23 PM
Joey

http://www.funsnap.com/1/bushgirl.swf

http://www.toilette-humor.com/
June 7th, 2005 04:54 PM
FPM C10 Joey - that was vaguely disturbing, and by "vaguely" I mean "completely".

Riffy - nice try. "I'm not trying to start a pissing contest BUT..."

You already messed up Max's board's "no politics" status with this glorification of war. No need to start it up again here. I know, you like it because he says "fuck" and stuff. Big deal.We ain't fightin' Hitler in Iraq as much as you guys like to pretend we are.
June 7th, 2005 05:06 PM
Joey " We ain't fightin' Hitler in Iraq as much as you guys like to pretend we are....... "

Fleabit .......................................

History will show that Bushie43's decision to march into Iraq was a bigger blunder than Hitler's " March on Moscow " and LBJ's " Land War in Asia ( The Vietnam ) " .... COMBINED !!!!!!!

At least with Hitler's / LBJ's debacles everyone knew that if you could just find a way out of there --- Nobody in their right mind was EVER going to go back in .... We Do NOT have that luxury with the Iraqi Quagmire .

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

Jacky ! ™

I said , Stones Rule You PUNK ASS BASTARDS !!!!

Ya's PUNK ASS ..... Ya's PUNK ASS BASTARDS !!!!

Ouch ...................

Developing ...........................
June 7th, 2005 05:14 PM
Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Riffy - nice try. "I'm not trying to start a pissing contest BUT..."

You already messed up Max's board's "no politics" status with this glorification of war. No need to start it up again here. I know, you like it because he says "fuck" and stuff. Big deal.We ain't fightin' Hitler in Iraq as much as you guys like to pretend we are.

Why,oh why,am I so missunderstood? Why? It was about PCism FPM. Nothing more. Nothing less! It was one fucking post! For fuck's sake man! The flame war was instigated by others that were in no way responding to the original topic of the post anyway! I can hardly be blamed for that! Maxy has one hell of a great site, and in no way are politics disscussed there with the frequency that they are at other sites. I posted that thread to see how others felt about political correctness, and it's dissasterous consequences that it has had on society. Unfortunatly the post itself had disssasterous consequences. The thread was highjacked. Plain and simple. I sure as hell did not take part in that "pissing contest"!

"You already messed up Max's board's "no politics" status with this glorification of war."

Messed up the board?! WTF?! It was one fucking post that was taken completely out of context and turned into a ridiculous flame war. I did not participate in it either.

I do,however,like the way Patton used the word "fuck",he also had a way with the word "cocksucker".

Riffhard
June 7th, 2005 05:18 PM
voodoopug

tee hee
June 7th, 2005 06:24 PM
Starbuck speaking as a liberal as well, i like the way patton used the word fuck, and the word hun cock suckers. those that have ever been in the military know that that type of language is what fires up the grunts that are about to go in and dump their blood all over the ardenes. that type of trash talk is a necessity for the effective functioning of the military. it isn't, however, the tone that the average joe speaks (thank god).

fleabit, i say screw em. splash on into the fray at maxy's place. you've always been a quality poster anyway, and most would agree. sure, you'll take some heat at first from fiji and some of the other FPM naysayers, but that too will pass. as long as all of us don't bring up politics things will be fine. i think politics is what really brings down the house, so to speak- its hurt other boards, that is for sure. people get fired up and insulted rather easily.

anyhoo, the reason why maxy's works is because 99% of the population consists of grisled old veterans who have known each other for years and can give each other shit comfortably. did you hear? even i am off joshie's "do not greet" list, and that tells you something fer chrissakes!

Edited by Mohandas Karamachand Gandhi

June 7th, 2005 07:05 PM
SheRat Speaking as one of the mute leftists on Maxy's board, I find that most of the issues over there are not really that politicized.

Riff: sorry, bro, but that IS a political post, though I agree it was hijacked. PC stands for "politically correct" so an anti-PC post is political in that it refutes the politics of political correctness.

Personally, I like the way Patton uses fuck too, cept I take umbrage at his implication that bloodthirst and honor are the exclusive territories of men, WHICH, by the way, is an opinion consistent with the politics of PC, but in a very non-tradional way.
[Edited by SheRat]
June 7th, 2005 07:16 PM
Riffhard
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Personally, I like the way Patton uses fuck too, cept I take umbrage at his implication that bloodthirst and honor are the exclusive territories of men, WHICH, by the way, is an opinion consistent with the politics of PC, but in a very non-tradional way.

LOL! Only you,my love,could see things that way! That's what I love about ya! You have that "take no shit from nobody" attitude. We must meet. Now pass the Stoli Rat girl!

Riffhard
June 7th, 2005 09:05 PM
parmeda
quote:
SheRat wrote:

I concure, my ROCC sistah!

And for the record...Patton ain't got shit on me.
Uh uh...no way.

Fuck, you say?

I say, Fuck y'all!

There's a fucking tour in the making, dammit.
Isn't this what we've all fucking pined for, for MONTHS?

Buy your tickets for pete's sake, and argue over who has a better seat, lol

Damn, this shit gives me a fucking headache!
June 7th, 2005 10:17 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
7 days............stay tuned

It's Coming.......joey prepare the royal baggage!

June 7th, 2005 11:45 PM
voodoopug good find...sadly, that is a bulldog, not a pug...but quality attempt!
June 8th, 2005 12:12 AM
Starbuck bloozie...heh heh....

i just wet myself laughing! did you dig that one out of your record shelf?

the top five worst album covers of all time:

[Edited by Starbuck]
June 8th, 2005 10:53 AM
Joey

" Once again, the affable Artie Lange was missing from the show this morning. Howard played yet another voicemail from ailing funny man in which he apologizes over and over for feeling like crap and not being able to make it into the station. Howard said he noticed that Artie had barely missed a day's work until he brought up needing to take time off to make his movie and then all of a sudden he's out 4 days in 2 weeks. Howard took a call from a guy who said he used to get sick like this when he tried to kick a prescription drug habit, but Howard didn't believe Artie had fallen off the wagon. Fred thought Howard was right because this all started with the movie discussion. Gary, however, felt there was another reason although he did remind everyone that Artie had said that when he really went off the deep end, he would really disappear -- and that is NOT the case now. Everybody was very concerned with the situation though, and wanted to make sure Artie knew what a great comedian and asset to the show he was. Howard said he had even held off goofing on him too much because he was concerned that Artie seemed a little fragile lately. Gary pointed out that, whereas Artie seemed really happy when he started working on the show, there have been recent signs that this was not the case anymore. He said that things like promoting his DVD and all the live shows he does on the weekends seem to be taking their toll on Artie. Howard also noted that Artie's ailments seem to have coincided with the Yankee's slump this year. A lot of callers offered their opinions and the most common theme was that Artie seems to be suffering a little of the Chappelle Syndrome -- too much success too suddenly, combined with a lot more work than usual. Howard tended to agree with this prognosis. Gary wondered what would happen if they found out that Artie was just sick. Howard thought they'd all feel pretty stupid if that was the case. "

http://www.howardstern.com/today-show-archive.php
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)