ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MSG CONFIRMED!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 6th, 2005 05:05 PM
Flairville 104.3 just announced stones garden sept 13 th tix on sale mon 10am
June 6th, 2005 05:14 PM
glencar I'll be there!
June 6th, 2005 05:14 PM
crb69 Yes! Thank you!!!
June 6th, 2005 05:15 PM
Flairville Well it's from reliable sources at Shidoobee. I'm always using this board, I wouldn't joke about such matters. Ben.
June 6th, 2005 05:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Well it's from reliable sources at Shidoobee. I'm always using this board, I wouldn't joke about such matters. Ben.

it is board courtesy to cite your source, but good job posting it here too!
June 6th, 2005 05:39 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle TicketMaster has the MSG show listed.

The presale starts tomorrow, and the public sale is Monday 6/13.
June 6th, 2005 05:44 PM
time is on my side Rolling Stones
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Tue, Sep 13, 2005 08:00 PM Additional Information
PAID FAN CLUB MEMBERS BEFORE MAY 10: Enter your passcode where requested
NOT A MEMBER YET? Click here to learn how you can become a member and get your presale tickets before the general public!
FREE ROLLING STONES VIRTUAL TICKET FAN CLUB MEMBERSHIP INCLUDED WITH EVERY ROLLING STONES TICKET YOU ORDER THROUGH TICKETMASTER!
A Rolling Stones Official Fan Club Virtual Ticket Membership is included with each concert ticket for this tour you order through Ticketmaster. We will send your name and contact information to RollingStones.com so they can activate your membership and send you a welcome email with log-in instructions, and additional emails.

ARRIVE EARLY: Please arrive one-hour prior to showtime. All packages, including briefcases and pocketbooks, will be inspected prior to entry.
Look For Rolling Stones Tickets
Ticket Limit
Presale Ticket Limit = 4
Public Onsale Ticket Limit = 8

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card. Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

Tickets may not be on sale yet.
Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later.
Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs.
On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at ticket outlets or the box office.
Benefits of an account:

Faster checkout
Access to ticketAlerts®

Event Details
- Seating Chart
- Directions
- Parking
- Email this Event to a Friend

US $64.50 - US $454.50

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Mon, 06/13/05 09:00 AM

Internet Presale Info
Fan Club Presale:
Start: Tue, 06/07/05 10:00 AM
End: Tue, 06/07/05 10:00 PM

New Member Presale:
Start: Wed, 06/08/05 10:00 AM
End: Fri, 06/10/05 12:00 PM

AMERIQUEST PRESENTS
THE ROLLING STONES
ON STAGE
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
NO CAMERAS/RECORDERS
TUE SEP 13, 2005 8:00PM

- view all events at this venue

June 6th, 2005 05:46 PM
voodoopug i suspect, aside from the opener and any club shows, this will be the hottest ticket on the tour.

its coming!
June 6th, 2005 05:53 PM
Saint Sway Hallellujah!!!

The Rolling Stones @ MSG = The Mother of All Rock Shows!!

New York is their home

The Garden is their joint!

consistently the best Stones shows!! It always brings out the best! Always the most memorable!
June 6th, 2005 06:27 PM
glencar Any word on the Beacon?
June 6th, 2005 07:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Any word on the Beacon?

my sources indicate that any club/theatre shows will be the final ones announced, probably after the jan-feb shows are announced

P.S. its coming!!!!!
June 6th, 2005 07:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I see faces and traces of home ---

--- back in new york cityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy -

So you think I’m a tough kid? is that what you heard?
Well I like to see some action and it gets into my blood.
The call me the trail blazer - voodoo - electric razor
I’m the pitcher in the chain gang, we don’t believe in pain
’cos we’re only as strong, yes we’re only as strong,
As the weakest link in the chain.

Getting ready
June 6th, 2005 09:31 PM
Bitch Everyone was posting the MSG show would be in January. Will they be back in NY again or is this it?
June 7th, 2005 07:36 AM
Maxlugar [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I see faces and traces of home ---

--- back in new york cityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy -

Getting ready

Voodoo, will you allow me to buy you a nice tall, cool glass of Tequilla?

AT Y.O.T.I?

You can deliver my T-Shirt in person!
June 7th, 2005 07:49 AM
gimmekeef Yes MSG has always been killer shows.But Sept 13th is early on the tour and they may not quite be hitting on all cylinders especially new tunes.My bet is they'll be back at MSG again in early 2006....
June 7th, 2005 10:38 AM
Saint Sway anyone get tix this morning?

I struck out... only thing that came up was a pair in the 300 section and I passed. I guess I'm spoiled. But I just want a better seat than that. Gonna try again on the public sale

so who got?
June 7th, 2005 11:04 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Saint Sway wrote:
anyone get tix this morning?

I struck out... only thing that came up was a pair in the 300 section and I passed. I guess I'm spoiled. But I just want a better seat than that. Gonna try again on the public sale

so who got?

I passed up everything I saw.

I'll save my password for the (hopefully) Beacon show.

I'm taking my chances with the public sale.
June 7th, 2005 02:31 PM
luxury1 Me too. I was never offered anything good for the price!! Try again tomorrow and the public sale. Someone must have their paws on the front sections?? Glencar--what happened with you??

YOTI --here we come.......
June 7th, 2005 04:00 PM
wellwell what was the pass?
June 7th, 2005 07:26 PM
glencar Luxury, I did buy a ticket. A friend was offered one seat in Sec 105 Row D($197 total price) and they used my password & credit card to buy it for me. I missed the first MSG show on the Licks tour & I heard it was much better than the 2 later shows. This is now my 5th show, which is funny because I swore I wasn't going to more than 2 or 3 shows & the January stuff hasn't been mentioned yet.
June 7th, 2005 08:47 PM
kath to me, seeing the stones in nyc at msg in the fall would be the ultimate in cosmic experiences. the joy that a concert like that, in that city, in that season, in that venue will (and has in the past) exude is the stuff dreams are made of. it is the ultimate stones experience. i strongly encourage all of you folks who can pull this off to get those tickets. just promise to call me on a cell phone or dick tracy watch so i can hear it!!!

MSG in the fall for the STONES!!!! baybee...that is the creme de la creme...
June 7th, 2005 09:30 PM
glencar PM your number as the time gets closer & let me know what song you want to hear, kath51!
June 8th, 2005 10:12 AM
Saint Sway striking out again.... anyone able to get any today?
June 8th, 2005 10:34 AM
Bokes What's the deal with the $100 pre-codes if they only offer you crap seats.
MSG show on sale for 4 minutes and all I was offered was section 300 or 400???
Why don't we get first dips on the good seats?
June 8th, 2005 10:59 AM
luxury1 Glencar. Throbby and I will be there too. We got tix today, with the Post-May 9code--better than the seats offered yesterday--go figure!! (I have stopped trying to make sense out of all the pre-post-public, venue passcode--SWEAR THE FUCKING GOD!!) We actually were pulling up ONLY singles for 20 minutes--never two seats--they offered NOTHING. Got Sect 102,101, 122 and 131--all first couple of rows--for 180 bucks each--is the best news. I was being offered limited view seats in sect 110 for 450. Good lord. This venue did the fans no favors in terms of good seats available early. Where do you think all the front floor sections are? Guess we shall see on MOnday, come the public sale. I have not heard of anyone getting anything in sect 1-8 at all or those good red sections--72, 73, 62, 63. I need to have my head examined also. I am spending WAAAAy too much time and money on all this. I think we are going to 5 shows so far also, and intended on about 2 or three this fall (of course a theatre show-ha-ha) and of course one or two in Jan. See you in the poor house glenny............
June 8th, 2005 12:29 PM
Bokes How did you finally get sect 100?
I would have been happy with that.
I kept getting sect. 300 or 400 that I finally took 2 in sect 305 out of the fear of being shut out.
June 8th, 2005 07:37 PM
crb69 Well since I couldn't get anything decent at all for the Giants stadium show through the public sale my buddy and I opted to go with the fan club pre-sale again for MSG. I got through at 10am online trying to score a pair of the $179 tickets. The first 6 or so times I searched, the system said nothing was available. Then I was offered a pair of tix in section 305 and turned them down. Then nothing a few more times and then a pair in section 338 (across from 305); turned those down. I was trying "best available", "sections 100 & 200"...NOTHING. Then low and behold a pair of tickets was offered in section 313 up front, right on the side of the stage. That little voice in my head said, "Your not going to the stadium show and this could be the last chance you've got for decent seats..." I grabbed them at a total price of $492 for the pair (including the $100 fan club fee). We sat in section 310 at the first Licks MSG show in 2002 and had a great time so these are even closer to the stage.

OK this is the killer! I bought the section 313 tickets and kept trying to see if anything better popped up...NOTHING. Then I figured, "What the hell, let's see what $454 tickets the pre-sale is offering." Up pops a pair of $454 tickets in section 210!!! The section right below ours that cost $179 each!!!!!! I said, "Holy shit! I got some of the best $179 seats that are available. I can't believe they are selling tickets in the 200 section for close to $1,000 a pair!" There you have it folks, get 'em while their HOT! This will be the 4th time I see the boyz at the Garden since 1998 and I can't fuckin' wait!

I will probably try for the hell of it on Monday but I doubt anything better will come along at the $179 price.

Good luck all!
June 9th, 2005 06:14 AM
luxury1 Hi Bokes--I got the 100 sections with the post May 9 passcode which I already had--and that was about 15 minutes into the presale--I was pulling 300 and 400 before that. Oh--and could only pull singles--nothing for 2 tickets.
June 9th, 2005 02:56 PM
Joey
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Hi Bokes--I got the 100 sections with the post May 9 passcode which I already had--and that was about 15 minutes into the presale--I was pulling 300 and 400 before that. Oh--and could only pull singles--nothing for 2 tickets.

Congrats Luxury1
June 9th, 2005 04:36 PM
FPM C10
quote:
kath wrote:
to me, seeing the stones in nyc at msg in the fall would be the ultimate in cosmic experiences. the joy that a concert like that, in that city, in that season, in that venue will (and has in the past) exude is the stuff dreams are made of. it is the ultimate stones experience.

MSG in the fall for the STONES!!!! baybee...that is the creme de la creme...

You are SO right, Kath. The time I saw them there in the fall ('02) was during a monsoon, so it wasn't completely the perfect Woody Allen "I love Manhattan" scenario - but still, it was absolutely electric walking down the rain-slicked streets of this greatest of all cities and realizing that almost everyone you passed was talking about the Stones, and not in a neophyte kind of way either. I remember catching snatches of conversation like "...I picked up Wingless Angels..." "Woody is playing MUCH better this tour..." "...the version on Handsome Girls rules..." stuff like that. It was like Rocks Off had spilled out into the real world. And the show, I thought, was actually better than the January show that ended up on Four Flicks. "Loving Cup"!!! YOWZA! "Rip This Joint"!!! Plus all the New York references in their songs - when hey did "Shattered" on the B-stage, and Mick said "I can't give it away on Seventh Avenue", he pointed to his right - TOWARD SEVENTH AVENUE. I just thought that was too cool.

Yeah, that was a pretty great night.

Both times I've seen them at MSG (the other was the third night of the 'Jan '98 run) have been just jaw-droppingly great. You can always tell they CARE about their performances there, they care what NYC thinks about them, so they're trying a little harder. They always bring their "A" game, and when it's the World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band we're talking about, that can be an awesome thing.

This tour I have to wait for the January dates. Of course I'm keeping my options open for the Beacon, and I couldn't make two trips to the city in one week (on the fingers-crossed mojo-workin' off-chance that I actually score tickets for this most coveted show of the tour). But NYC in January is not quite as magical as Autumn in New York.
[Edited by FPM C10]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)