ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Early IORR sessions - Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 Return to archive
June 5th, 2005 11:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Due to the success the series of headers from this sessions had; all kindly provided Nico Zentgraf for you all to see, now here you have all the pictures, the information about the sessions and one additional picture... to be posted later.

The pictures are from a German Magazine "Pop" but the photographer is not credited inside so we're giving the credits to the magazine. The last picture is by Michael Putland and was provided by Gypsy. It was not used as header, as the one we used was a zoom to Stu.

THE SESSIONS
FROM "THE COMPLETE WORKS BY NICO ZENTGRAF

Musicland Studios, Munich, West-Germany
November 13th - 24th, 1973
Producers: Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
Sound engineers: Keith Harwood and Andy Johns.

The songs: check Nico's website for more information on each track, composers and musicians.

• Ain’t Too Proud To Beg.

• Black Limousine with Ron Wood on guitar.

• Fingerprint File with Jolly Kunjappu on tabla.

• If You Can’t Rock Me.

• Slow Down And Stop.

On the back is Keith, Mick and Giorgo Moroder the owner of the studio.

June 6th, 2005 10:10 AM
mac_daddy thanks nico and voodoo for the pics and the info.

and of course to gypsy, too.
June 6th, 2005 04:29 PM
Stonesprofessor Nice shot of Wyman's old homemade bass-I believe Musicland is where it was used in the studio for the last time....
June 6th, 2005 06:34 PM
Lord Homosex It mus have been cold that winter in Bavaria. They are all sporting these stylish sweaters. Even Keith.
June 6th, 2005 07:55 PM
gustavobala god bless....i love IORR

amazing photos...look at billy preston
June 7th, 2005 08:36 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Another day, same sessions

© Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
June 7th, 2005 12:11 PM
texile great! makes me want to forget about everything and just groove to IORR...............like its 1974;
June 8th, 2005 01:32 PM
gustavobala more...more...more...pics
June 8th, 2005 02:44 PM
gotdablouse Did they really start "Black Limousine" in late '73, that's a scoop, litterature so far has it being started in Paris in 1977.
June 8th, 2005 10:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl According to the always reliable Nico Zentgraf, during these sessions they recorded an early instrumental version of "Black Limousine" probably under the title "Broken Head Blues", Woody attended the sessions, Mick Taylor didn't, this was the premonition of what happen months later as one year after Mick quit, and later Woody joined.

June 9th, 2005 12:49 AM
Egbert Thanks for the pics!
June 10th, 2005 09:32 AM
gotdablouse That's right http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/tcw/1973.htm
That must have been recently discovered then. I suspect that Nico has the tape too because he doesn't write "unverified" ;-)
June 10th, 2005 09:35 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, Nico always have proofs or evidences, he is so professional.

I do remember when I sent him an e-mail with the whole setlist of the Mick Taylor shows here, he gave me the thank yous but didn't put the setlist until I sent him the CD and the VCD, and those songs that are NOT in the CD/VCD combo are not in the setlist he put in his book
June 10th, 2005 10:58 AM
jpenn11
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Yes, Nico always have proofs or evidences, he is so professional.

I do remember when I sent him an e-mail with the whole setlist of the Mick Taylor shows here, he gave me the thank yous but didn't put the setlist until I sent him the CD and the VCD, and those songs that are NOT in the CD/VCD combo are not in the setlist he put in his book

Nico is absolutely great, but not everything on his list has recorded proof. E.g., the Bluesbreakers 1969 Swiss TV appearance and pro shot 1982 Hawaii show do not have recorded confirmations and are not listed as unverified. I think Nico makes evaluations as to what sources to rely on, especially when a recording might be available to confirm or contradict eye/earwitnesses.
June 10th, 2005 09:30 PM
gotdablouse Possibly, but when it comes to studio recordings, from what I've seen, he puts "unverified" on tapes that are not in circulation, the source for that generally being Karnbach's 1997 book when he listed out the contents of studio reels, providing no insight whatsoever on unknown stuff though.

To get back to the topic, it might mean that this early version of BL has recently started circulating but that I've missed it :-(
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)