ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Flashpoint Recommended? Return to archive
June 5th, 2005 05:30 PM
Bruno Stone What about Flashpoint? How is the guitars and drumms sound in it? And what is the ``killer potential`` of SFTD from it?
June 5th, 2005 05:36 PM
ListenToTheLion superfluous live album (too many overdubs). Better listen to some goods boots of that tour.
June 5th, 2005 05:39 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
superfluous live album (too many overdubs). Better listen to some goods boots of that tour.

The Tokyo Dome boot ( if it exists ) do?
June 5th, 2005 07:43 PM
Soldatti The only good thing about Flashpoint its the 2 studio songs, the rest is a studio album with crowd noise and bad cuts.

[Edited by Soldatti]
June 5th, 2005 08:14 PM
T&A stinks. SFTD? woulda been fine - but they cut 2 minutes of KR's solo out of it! unbelievable. a horrendous album, IMO - saved only by the inclusion of a nice Factory Girl.
June 5th, 2005 09:03 PM
kath i don't hate it, but it wouldn't be on my "must have list"....
June 5th, 2005 10:07 PM
corgi37 Boring, boring, boring! Dull as dishwater.

The 2 studio tracks are the only saving grace.

I dont think i have played the cd more than 5 times since i bought it the day it came out.
June 6th, 2005 01:13 AM
Poplar
eh...
June 6th, 2005 04:25 AM
Jumacfly try "atlantic city 89" instead Bruno...you can DL it quite easily and there are no overdubs just the band in top form (and raw guitars!!!)
atlantic city SFTD kicks ass and Keef solo is a true masterpiece...

cheers
Ju
June 6th, 2005 04:49 AM
IanBillen
Personally,
IMO I love the album. I always have. It captures the 89 tour spirit entirely. I have always loved this album. It kinda runs like a greatest hits package but hey... The albums sound makes you feel as if you are there and it really takes you back in a time capsule to the 89 tour.

Ian
June 6th, 2005 04:50 AM
IanBillen [quote]IanBillen wrote:

Personally,
IMO I love the album. I always have. It captures the 89 tour spirit entirely. I have always loved this album. It kinda runs like a greatest hits package but hey... The albums sound makes you feel as if you are there and it really takes you back in a time capsule to the 89 tour. It is my personal Live Stones album favorite and always has been.

Ian
June 6th, 2005 07:54 AM
UGot2Rollme it's a must have, if only for the Red Rooster with Eric Clapton (unless of course you have the Atlantic City soundboard of that performance - probably easily available as it was broadcast live on radio)
June 6th, 2005 09:10 AM
lotsajizz it rocks...sure the cuts/overdubs take away from the imperfection that is the perfection of a Stones performance, but it sounds very clean and the guitars are up in the mix and Mick's overdubbed vocals are excellent, particularly on JJF and Miss You....worth having, at least as much as Live Licks

shit, they're ALL worth having!!
June 6th, 2005 09:42 AM
blackandblue Flashpoint is bullshit. Leave it in the recordstore.
June 6th, 2005 10:25 AM
CraigP You can tell a good Stones album by it's cover. The cover of this one makes me wanna hurl.
June 6th, 2005 11:21 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
CraigP wrote:
You can tell a good Stones album by it's cover. The cover of this one makes me wanna hurl.

June 6th, 2005 12:02 PM
blackandblue
quote:
CraigP wrote:
You can tell a good Stones album by it's cover. The cover of this one makes me wanna hurl.

Indeed. ugly covers: dirty work, flashpoint, no security, steel wheels, bridges to babylon, undercover, voodoo lounge, live licks. All of them weak albums.
June 6th, 2005 12:10 PM
TooTough I´ve listened to it two times since 1991. That says all.
June 6th, 2005 12:12 PM
mac_daddy i like dirty work, with the exception of one or two tracks, but i think the cover is rough...
June 6th, 2005 07:59 PM
Soldatti
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Indeed. ugly covers: dirty work, flashpoint, no security, steel wheels, bridges to babylon, undercover, voodoo lounge, live licks. All of them weak albums.

All the covers post 1981 were very ugly, only Stripped maybe and 40 Licks were decent.
June 6th, 2005 08:13 PM
gustavobala i read here, that is the better tour from ronnie!
June 7th, 2005 12:32 AM
IanBillen [quote]blackandblue wrote:

Are you sure Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon were weak?

How about Undercover?

Ian
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)