ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's "Steel Wheels" output -- minimal Return to archive
June 4th, 2005 10:10 AM
Mel Belli It just occurred to me that, given Keith's complaints during the "Dirty Work" sessions that Mick brought no songs to the table, he must've been pretty contrite (not!) when they were putting "Steel Wheels" together. At best, Keith wrote only four songs, and two of them ("Almost Hear You Sign," "Can't Be Seen") were leftovers.
June 4th, 2005 11:34 AM
marko And both probaply leftovers from Talk is cheap sessions.
I think 2nd half of the album is mick/keef songs,also.Matt
Clifford was present...
June 4th, 2005 02:27 PM
gotdablouse Well Keith was probably dried up from TICheap while Mick had some time since writing PCool in 1986, nothing really very surprising. Voodoo Louge was the exact opposite with Keith having most of the songs on that one. Hopefully the new one will have a balanced input of material.

Also, while AMHYS may be a leftover (and a good one too), I don't recall reading anything about CBSeen being one?
[Edited by gotdablouse]
June 6th, 2005 12:00 PM
gimmekeef His output was minimal but I feel the whole album is marginal at best.Do wish howver they'd do Mixed Emotions again live....Have a very slinky version on DVD boot of Atlantic City 89 that rocks.It was squeezed in as a cut away from the MTV Music awards not actually the PPV Atlantic City Show.Killer funky guitars...
June 6th, 2005 12:04 PM
gimmekeef Is Slipping Away...not a Keith song too...Its actually my fave from the whole album and only track I ever play anymore..
June 6th, 2005 07:55 PM
Soldatti Steel Wheels is 50% Mick and %50 Keith, it sounds so 80's that it seems a Mick album direction.
June 6th, 2005 09:54 PM
Mel Belli Sad, Sad, Sad -- Mick
Mixed Emotions -- Mick/Keith
Terrifying -- Mick
Hold Onto Your Hat -- Mick
Hearts for Sale -- Mick
Blinded By Love -- Mick
Rock and a Hard Place -- Mick
Can't Be Seen -- Keith
Almost Hear You Sigh -- Mostly Keith/Mick
Continental Drift -- Mick
Break the Spell -- Mick/Keith
Slipping Away -- Keith

That does not a 50/50 split make.
June 6th, 2005 11:13 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Sad, Sad, Sad -- Mick
Mixed Emotions -- Mick/Keith
Terrifying -- Mick
Hold Onto Your Hat -- Mick
Hearts for Sale -- Mick
Blinded By Love -- Mick
Can't Be Seen -- Keith
Almost Hear You Sigh -- Mostly Keith/Mick
Slipping Away -- Keith

That does not a 50/50 split make.

I guess:
Sad Sad Sad -- Mick/Keith/Charlie
Mixed Emotions -- Keith/Mick
Terrifying -- Mick
Hold Onto Your Hat -- Mick/Keith
Hearts for Sale -- Mick/Keith
Blinded By Love -- Mick
Can't Be Seen -- Keith
Almost Hear You Sigh -- Keith/Mick
Slipping Away -- Keith
June 7th, 2005 08:52 AM
Lord Homosex I thought hat is what we all want: more Mick/keith collaborations. Then we get it and people still complain.
I don't think that there is little keith input. Even in the Jagger tunes he is very present. "Hold on to your Hat' has those killerleads. "Blinded" is similar to "Sweethearts" and tells me that Keith added plenty country and melody to the tune.The lyrix are all jagger though; and some of his alltime worst.
Sad Sad IMO is all Jagger. But "Hearts for Sale" IMO is very much a Ronnie tune.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)