ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Oh No Not You Again" must be relatively new.......From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 2nd, 2005 06:41 PM
IanBillen
You know,
The song "Oh-No not you again" must be kinda newer from the bunch as far as this album goes.

*Mick said they wrote this one recently at The press conference

*Also the video on RS.com, shows them working the song out as if they hadn't had it in the bag for too terribly long.

Just think, this one quite possibly came late in the recording of this album.

Makes you think that this album could be chock full of goodies even before this song came about!

Here is to hoping.

Ian
June 2nd, 2005 07:04 PM
Some Guy I'm with you.

Could someone please post the cleaner version of this song.
I haven't heard it in a while.

Thanks
June 2nd, 2005 07:32 PM
IanBillen [quote]Some Guy wrote:
I'm with you.

Could someone please post the cleaner version of this song.
I haven't heard it in a while.

Thanks
_________________________________________________________________________________

www.rockpassion.com has the whole thing but it isn't entirely clean. Begginning is good but mid-way the sound goes somewhat sour because of how it was recorded live there.

Just go to the press conference link on that site and you can choose what song from the press conference you want to download.

Ian
June 2nd, 2005 08:59 PM
Some Guy Thanks Ian, thats the shit!
June 2nd, 2005 09:27 PM
Jair Thanks for the link, Ian.
I'm listening it right now and sounds good. Good punch and good guitar. Is the sound really mono or my earphones are damaged?
I'm in a lan house and...damn, just the left channel is working...Anyway....WOW! Mick is brand new!!!
June 3rd, 2005 02:09 AM
IanBillen
Yes my friends. I figured you already knew about this site for the press conference material.
Anyway, I am very glad you enjoyed it. Yes Mick does sound alive and brand spanking new. He sounds powerful and ready.
Keith and Ronnie sound great as well.

*What really makes the song however is our Charlie Watts consistently banging on those over-head symbols filling in the back-drop during the beggining of the song. Makes the intro sound hard edged and punk-like.

I LOVE it.

Ian
June 3rd, 2005 03:22 PM
Bloozehound i really don't think this song is anything to get excited about
June 4th, 2005 06:34 AM
IanBillen [quote]Bloozehound wrote:
i really don't think this song is anything to get excited about.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I think the new song is a treat. Also it shows much promise on the sound of the new album.

Imagine hearing Anybody Seen My Baby live before hearing the studio version. Imagine the same scenario with I Go Wild, or Mixed Emotions. They wouldn't sound that great. Well I think Oh-No Not You Again sounds really good without a studio version to go by.

Again, alot of promise there. Also....it is back to basics Rocking Rolling Stones with an upbeat edge and a punkyness that has been missing since 1978.

Who could want anything eles around now.

Ian
June 4th, 2005 06:40 AM
ListenToTheLion It's certainly not a brilliant song. Positive about it is that it sounds not too polished.
June 4th, 2005 08:25 AM
Some Guy I just hope its not THE song.
June 4th, 2005 08:55 AM
exile Has anyone watched the new vid on RS.com of them rehearsing ONNYA

If you have can you post a review of the vid...Im a member but my computer being fixed and i have to use my girlfriends mac...No windows media player

I hate macs

better still if anyone has that swisho software that can save those vids to HD and post them for download..

I really want to hear what ANOTHER version of the song would be like. to compare

in relation to ONNYA....i didnt like it at first but it has really grown on me...i must admiot i really like it now....very catchy
June 4th, 2005 11:29 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
exile wrote:
Has anyone watched the new vid on RS.com of them rehearsing ONNYA

If you have can you post a review of the vid...Im a member but my computer being fixed and i have to use my girlfriends mac...No windows media player

I hate macs

better still if anyone has that swisho software that can save those vids to HD and post them for download..

I really want to hear what ANOTHER version of the song would be like. to compare

in relation to ONNYA....i didnt like it at first but it has really grown on me...i must admiot i really like it now....very catchy

You can download Windows Media Player for Macintosh, I didn't think you could but there is a windows for Mac version!
June 4th, 2005 02:13 PM
Soldatti I saw the clip of ONNYA on RS.com and the song sounds so good, much more faster than on the PC.
June 4th, 2005 02:15 PM
gotdablouse Ian, I think it's time for you to get your head examined again...unless you view yourself as the ultimate spinster. That song is a third rate effort who's only merit is to be the second new song they have played live over the past 8 years. The lyrics are particularly atrocious and probably rank among Mick's worst efforts, bar none. Not to mention that it lacks a bridge !
[Edited by gotdablouse]
June 4th, 2005 02:25 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Thanks Ian, thats the shit!

"the shit" is when keith starts kicking the Brown Sugar. damn they were rock'n.
June 4th, 2005 08:46 PM
exile
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
You can download Windows Media Player for Macintosh, I didn't think you could but there is a windows for Mac version!

yes but you can only download a .sitx file of WMP and my girlfriends computer wont open .sitx files so i went to stuffit to get better software and their site is down

macs suck
June 4th, 2005 09:15 PM
exile Scratch that......

I managed to download the software and i watched it
yeah it was great...good to hear another version

June 5th, 2005 02:26 AM
khalil78 I just think they're back and fresh... sounds are very powerfull!!!!
June 5th, 2005 02:47 AM
exile BRING BACK THE HOOK!

you know how 'Start Me Up' has the Hook...DA DA DA at the start

not many of their new songs have those hooky riffs...you got me rockin does... I cant think of any more off the top of my head. Anybody seen only has that bass thing......love is strong kinda did.

I hope they bring back the hooks, Im quite enthused by ONNYA but I also hope its not THE SONG

i hope thats not the best song on album but youd think they will be keeping the best song till later like an ace in the deckkinda thing.....fuck im excited about new album though.
June 5th, 2005 04:10 AM
IanBillen [quote]gotdablouse wrote:
Ian, I think it's time for you to get your head examined again...unless you view yourself as the ultimate spinster. That song is a third rate effort who's only merit is to be the second new song they have played live over the past 8 years. The lyrics are particularly atrocious and probably rank among Mick's worst efforts, bar none. Not to mention that it lacks a bridge !
[Edited by gotdablouse]

The song isn't as lame as you make it seem by any standard.
I'm not spinning it. I call it like I hear it. A powerful, raw, Stones rocker.

Ian
June 5th, 2005 04:29 AM
exile If anyone has watched that video of them rehearsing the song ONNYA notice mick is stil having to read the lyrics off a sheet of paper

maybe the lyrics are not finished yet? maybe that was the first draft, it will be interesting to see
June 5th, 2005 05:27 AM
IanBillen [quote]exile wrote:
If anyone has watched that video of them rehearsing the song ONNYA notice mick is stil having to read the lyrics off a sheet of paper

maybe the lyrics are not finished yet? maybe that was the first draft, it will be interesting to see

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Yes. Good eye. It was also pointed out earlier that this song probably came later in the writing/recording process for this album. This may lead you to believe that this album may be chock full of goodies being as they probably had alot of good stuff before this song ever even finalized.
Maybe this was a great one to put on top of the pile.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
June 5th, 2005 09:02 AM
luxury1 Is anyone else concerned that Mick seems to be "shouting" the lyrics in the rehearsal videos, and not really "singing"?? At the PC he seemed to be shouting, but I thought OK, it is a live perfomance, and Mick is coming out with a vengeance. But these rehearsal vids have me wondering why he doesnt seem to really sing anymore??!!
June 5th, 2005 09:09 AM
glencar He really only sings in the ballads these days...
June 5th, 2005 01:29 PM
texile gotdablouse.....
i agree - "i'm like jello when i stare at your tits..."
lol.
June 5th, 2005 01:54 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Is anyone else concerned that Mick seems to be "shouting" the lyrics in the rehearsal videos, and not really "singing"?? At the PC he seemed to be shouting, but I thought OK, it is a live perfomance, and Mick is coming out with a vengeance. But these rehearsal vids have me wondering why he doesnt seem to really sing anymore??!!

Because it's an angry kinda song, maybe?

I SINCERELY HOPE HE HASN'T LOST HIS GOREOUSLY SEXY VOICE!
June 5th, 2005 02:26 PM
Bob Tamp Did it occur to anyone that perhaps the only reason why he was actually singing this song, and BS was because it was being filmed. Usually during rehearsals and sound checks Mick just kind of mumbles the words.
June 6th, 2005 07:42 AM
luxury1 NO, BOb Tamp, that never did occur to me!! I hope you are right. HOwever, I am tending to agree with glencar. Mick really only sings the ballads anymore--well, I have never witnessed a theatre show, so maybe there is less "shouting" at those performances. This time, I shall be at one.......
June 6th, 2005 01:23 PM
glencar Hey IanBillen, this is for you: http://www.rollingstones.com/store/mt.php
June 6th, 2005 02:58 PM
IanBillen [quote]glencar wrote:
Hey IanBillen, this is for you: http://www.rollingstones.com/store/mt.php

The Rolling Stones on-line store? and?

Ian
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)