ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
Đ Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bossa n Stones - Thanks Madafaka! Return to archive
June 2nd, 2005 05:58 PM
Jair Following a Madafaka's comment here some weeks ago, I've ordered that album "Bossa & Stones" - which was not released yet in Brasil.

The album arrived today - I paid for it about 20 US dollars - and, surprise! As Madafaka said, is very good.

Who could imagine that Stones and Bossa Nova could work?
Well, works, and very well. Nice arrangements & sexy vocals, good to listen at the end of the day...I'm still impressed. And, as Madafaka, I recommend, of course.

Btw, the album is "Made in Argentina", the first I have made in there.

So, thank you Mada.

[Edited by Jair]
June 2nd, 2005 09:46 PM
Madafaka I told you, that album is fuckin' great!
You're welcome Jair
June 3rd, 2005 09:42 AM
luxury1 It just got it too!! I sat out in the sun on the deck listening to it. Hard to sit completely still when listening to a rhumba beat. Thanks for the heads up Madafaka!
June 3rd, 2005 10:18 AM
Jumacfly hi there, have you got a link where I can order it??
June 3rd, 2005 11:49 AM
Madafaka
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
It just got it too!! I sat out in the sun on the deck listening to it. Hard to sit completely still when listening to a rhumba beat. Thanks for the heads up Madafaka!

You're welcome Lux! Thank you very much for your PM
June 3rd, 2005 11:52 AM
Madafaka Ju, check if you can buy it here: http://www.musimundo.com/emusi/detailcd.asp?QST=3009900007012
June 3rd, 2005 12:27 PM
Jair Or here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007V3PCC/qid=1117815895/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_4/103-6355623-3347009?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Probably will be the same Argentinean product. I think it has been released in Argentina only.

June 3rd, 2005 12:44 PM
Madafaka Oh, I didn't know that Amazon has this cd. Buy it on Amazon Ju, is faster for you.
June 4th, 2005 08:25 AM
luxury1 Yes--I got through amazon.com in two days.
June 4th, 2005 02:09 PM
Soldatti I got the album as gift and is good, not my favorite style but good work after all.
June 6th, 2005 04:23 AM
Jumacfly thanks again for the link hermanos!!
I got the Cd, it s a great summer music, perfect to drink cocktails, the fool to cry version is amazing, the combo SMU/Brown Sugar was the only disappointment for me ,all the rest rules!!

this project reminds me the "nouvelle vague" album, where a band with seven differents singer (only girls) covered the classic new wave hit singles like "making plans for nigel" or "guns of brixton" for instance...a good one too!!

cheers cabrones!!
Julian
June 6th, 2005 09:36 AM
Jair Hi Ju, I'm glad you liked!

I don't know exact why, but i think in French there's lots of singers in the same style, true? Can you recommend some names?

Also, if you liked Bossa n" Stones you might be like your conterrany Coralie Clement... I loved her...

June 6th, 2005 10:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jair wrote:
Hi Ju, I'm glad you liked!

I don't know exact why, but i think in French there's lots of singers in the same style, true? Can you recommend some names?

try helena noguerra my dear Jair, and henri salvador's record called "jardin d hiver" from 2002 i think.
this guy is 85 and did a great career, mainly in jazz music but this record seems one of his best one!!
cheers

Ju
June 6th, 2005 12:20 PM
Jair Thanks Ju, I'll check it!

June 6th, 2005 01:29 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
... the combo SMU/Brown Sugar was the only disappointment for me ,all the rest rules!!

Exactly the same here!
June 6th, 2005 01:43 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Exactly the same here!

I must have south american blood !!!
June 6th, 2005 07:10 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I must have south american blood !!!

Hahaha, maybe yes!
June 6th, 2005 08:13 PM
Soldatti I don't know why Harlem Shuffle is on the CD, why not Jumpin' Jack Flash or Tumbling Dice?
June 7th, 2005 08:47 AM
Jair
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I don't know why Harlem Shuffle is on the CD, why not Jumpin' Jack Flash or Tumbling Dice?

Ohhhhhhh hell, they should call you to choose the repertory fina!

June 8th, 2005 12:34 PM
gustavobala jair, you can burn it for me?
June 8th, 2005 03:56 PM
Jair
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
jair, you can burn it for me?

Sure, dear Gustavo.
Send me your address and I send you. No problem.
June 9th, 2005 01:06 AM
gustavobala OK, JAIR...but i need send something to you, i will send my stones list or if you want i can send 3 blanks cdīs for you...ok?

you decide, ok?

thanxs a lot, gaucho-friend!
June 9th, 2005 08:22 AM
Jair
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
OK, JAIR...but i need send something to you, i will send my stones list or if you want i can send 3 blanks cdīs for you...ok?
you decide, ok?
thanxs a lot, gaucho-friend!

The copy is made, Gustavo. No need send me anything, just your address, don't you worry. Is a pleasure to me please a Stones fan.
[email protected]

[Edited by Jair]
June 9th, 2005 05:06 PM
gustavobala jair, i send a e-mail to you, thanxs a lot, man...

June 9th, 2005 09:36 PM
Jair
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
jair, i send a e-mail to you, thanxs a lot, man...

You welcome, Gustavo.
Tomorrow (Friday) I'll send you the CD. Enjoy it!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)