ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Diamond teeth - put your money where your mouth is Return to archive
June 2nd, 2005 06:29 AM
Monkey Woman Posted by Rices Cherry Red on Shidoobee (from New Yark Mag) :

"Keeping Mick Jagger lookin' toothsome.

"Mick Jagger's maintenance routine involves more than keping his 61-year old body looking like it belongs to a 19-year old. The night before the Stones kicked off their U.S. tour with an unannounced mini-set at Lincoln Center, the singer made a nocturnal visit to the office of Dr. Robert DiPilla, so the cosmetic dentist could whiten his legendary smile and polish the diamond in his eyetooth. Maybe you can blame his fondness for brown sugar for Jagger's stained teeth but he was treated with DiPilla's latest invention: a luxury whitening agent made of diamond dust.
Beth Landman
New York magazine
June 6, 2005
page 10"

Blame all that tea! Mick's English, after all!
June 2nd, 2005 06:57 AM
Dutch Michael D. does he still have that diamond in there???? i've never seen it anymore since the seventies
June 2nd, 2005 02:59 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
does he still have that diamond in there???? i've never seen it anymore since the seventies

Always thought it was hilarious that he originally had an emerald and everyone thought he had a piece of lettuce stuck in his teeth.
June 2nd, 2005 03:03 PM
luxury1 ...and then he switched it to a ruby --and everyone thought it looked like blood.

I hope he is whitening his bottom teeth too--last tour they were stained, and didnt match his top rack. Christ, I need to style that man.
June 2nd, 2005 03:34 PM
Nellcote Luxy, I thought Mick only grabbed your hat in Montreal?
This tooth detail leads one to think.....
June 2nd, 2005 04:47 PM
gimmekeef Diamonds huh?..well now we know why tix are so expensive!
June 5th, 2005 02:11 AM
texile the origin of the jeweled/diamond tooth is a mystery of deepthroat proportions............
apart from the lettuce/blood anecdote - i've never read anything about when or why he got it - my guess is 71.......he didn't have it before he married bianca - but it's evident in early 72 pictures.
anybody know anything about it?
June 5th, 2005 06:59 AM
Monkey Woman Mick himself started the joke about trying first a ruby and an emerald. In an interview, he said he had that diamond inserted in order to "look pretty". In another he said that he took example from Buddy Guy, who has "a big huge diamond" in his teeth, but he, Mick, being "a modest white guy" had a "tiny one" inserted. As for when he started wearing it, I don't know, maybe early '70s.
June 5th, 2005 07:49 AM
luxury1 MW--you are an absolute WEALTH of info on the boys. Are you coming to the states for any shows??

And Nellcote, I just happen to notice the small details....
June 5th, 2005 09:18 AM
glencar Didn't the diamond start during the 81 tour?
June 5th, 2005 12:15 PM
Nellcote I recall a Rolling Stone piece on the boys from '72 where Mick had it, with photo. During the 75 rehearsals on Long Island, another Rolling Stone piece noted it, along with Micks' arm injury...Back when Rolling Stone was a great read...
June 5th, 2005 01:21 PM
texile yeah, i remember about the "modest white guy", though i think it was actally "modest white person" which sounds funnier.........
it was definately between late 71 - early 72 - because he there's a glimmer of it in cocksucker blues.
June 5th, 2005 01:29 PM
Riffhard Mick had the diamond inserted in his right front tooth because he chipped it when a mic stand hit him in the mouth during a windy outdoor performance sometime in the early seventies. It wasn't just about vainity here. He really did get popped pretty hard and he had to have it filled. So Jagger,being Jagger,decided to fill it with a diamond.

Riffhard
June 5th, 2005 05:27 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Mick had the diamond inserted in his right front tooth because he chipped it when a mic stand hit him in the mouth during a windy outdoor performance sometime in the early seventies. It wasn't just about vainity here. He really did get popped pretty hard and he had to have it filled. So Jagger,being Jagger,decided to fill it with a diamond.

Riffhard, I raise my hat to you! I've read tons of books and articles about the Stones but never that one.

Luxy, sorry to disappoint you! Can't cross the Atlantic this tour, not enough time and m-o-n-e-y, alas...
But I'll follow it all on RO, RS.com and other boards, and cheer for everyone who can see the boys in the North American leg of their tour!
June 6th, 2005 07:40 AM
luxury1 Oh yeah, remember the "arm injury"?? He said he put it through a revolving glass door in Manhattan. I bet he was stark raving drunk. Those Annie Liebowitz photos were so great. I can remember pouring over that issue many times. Black and white, no?

SOrry to hear we wont be graced with your presence MW--however, I trust you will see the boys on the European leg?
June 9th, 2005 04:21 AM
gypsy
June 9th, 2005 08:45 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Riffhard wrote:
Mick had the diamond inserted in his right front tooth because he chipped it when a mic stand hit him in the mouth during a windy outdoor performance sometime in the early seventies. It wasn't just about vainity here. He really did get popped pretty hard and he had to have it filled. So Jagger,being Jagger,decided to fill it with a diamond.

He almost lost it the same way.

In 1981, Buffalo I think it was, the wind was so bad it smacked the stand into his mouth and loosened the diamond in his teeth.

This was in that book of the '81 tour.

I don't think he has it anymore.
June 9th, 2005 09:12 AM
Joey " In 1981, Buffalo I think it was, the wind was so bad it smacked the stand into his mouth and loosened the diamond in his teeth.

This was in that book of the '81 tour. "

I absolutely LOVE listening to boots from the 1981 Tour . Whenever I hear tracks off those '81 boots I get that " The Party has just started Feeling " . Indeed , I hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me ..............................and you ?!?!

" Stones Is Stones Ronnie ............. Bigger than ALL of us ! "

Kins !

[ Edited by Baby Steelie ]

[Edited by Joey]
June 9th, 2005 11:42 AM
Monkey Woman Luxy -- sure I'll be there for the Euro leg of the tour, at least the shows in France and probably some in England too.

Wow, gypsy! That's a great pic! Thanks for sharing. It reminds me about some close-ups in the Being Mick documentary: I'd swear he still has that jewel in his tooth.

Yeah, only Mick would have had the nerve of disguising a tooth injury with a diamond... I love that guy!
June 9th, 2005 01:40 PM
luxury1 I agree, MW--I still think he has it. I swear I see flashes of it sometimes. Again, the details....
June 9th, 2005 02:34 PM
Monkey Woman Ah yes, the devil is in the details!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)