ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dave Grohl disses Mick Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
June 1st, 2005 09:55 PM
Daethgod found post at IORR
show was on ABC TV Mon night in Australia ..

DG: Dave Ghrol
AD: Andrew Denton
"
DG: "The circus that surrounds rock'n'roll is just funny, it's surreal."

AD: "Who's your idea of circus? What's an act you look at and go....Ugh..never let me do that?

DG: "A musician"?

AD: " Yeah, an act"

DG: "There are times when I look at MICK JAGGER and I think...dude..just..god..just retire! (Studio audience laughs & applauds)
"But..at the same time, I can understand why he's still there. Because I'm sure it's for the love of making music. You know, it's..er.um...it's (some laughter from audience) I dont want that to happen to me. I hope that at some point I'll either break my legs and not be able to crawl to the stage or lose my love of music. I'd rather just make music and share it with people, than you know, have a diva tantrum over a pair of socks."

Turd !!!
i never heard Mick throw a tanty over a pair of socks.. WTF ?
Hasnt Mick 'just made music and shared it' for like over 40 years ??

full interview transcript is here :

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1379815.htm

June 1st, 2005 10:10 PM
Mottrush
Dave Grohl is a wanker! Him and his stupid band should go and fuck themselves!

His type could only dream of having as much influence as the Stones!!!

Cheers,

Mottrsh
June 1st, 2005 10:12 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! I won't even waste my time reading it. Fuck off Dave, another prick surfaces.
June 1st, 2005 10:41 PM
Soldatti Bastard, he opened for the Stones.
June 1st, 2005 11:15 PM
Steel Wheels Dave who?

He's another god damned footnote. These bores are all footnotes.
June 1st, 2005 11:40 PM
winter This shit pisses me off.

I like the foos, but fuck Dave Grohl, goofy motherfucker!

The foos made 2 good albums (the first 2), and now he thinks he is in a position to mock the greatest rock-n-roll front man ever. Down right delusional! This is the problem with musicians today, no historical perspective. Just stupidity coupled with arrogance.

wintah
June 2nd, 2005 12:59 AM
sirmoonie Seriously, who is Dave Grohl? The White Stripes? I suppose I could Google his name, but I'd rather do bongs and post stuff like "Seriously, who is Dave Grohl?"
June 2nd, 2005 01:10 AM
Bloozehound give'm hell moon'fighterz

that fuck don't deserve to live

yep!
June 2nd, 2005 01:50 AM
corgi37 Grohl's been chilling with Jack Black too much.

And, i dont care what anyone says, i bet HE was the one that shot Cobain, forged a suicide note, and snuck off into the night.

It shits me when jerks like him say that. I mean, hey, pick on B.B. King. What about the Blind Boys from Alabama? Should Dylan retire?

Grohl wont have to worry about strutting the stage when he's older. He'll be cleaning school toilets by then.
June 2nd, 2005 02:53 AM
FotiniD That's really weird, cause on the way to work today I was thinking about how Kurt Cobain died and all of a sudden this Grohl guy has his own band and they're oh-so-humorous and... Well, whatever. I'm just thinking what the Foo Fighters are doing, it's not my cup of tea. And it's obvious just who was the talent in Nirvana.

Speaking of murder theories though: http://www.justiceforkurt.com/

And I have to agree with winter: there's a trend to bash older acts and boast with arrogance, though I don't think this is anything new in the music business.

Why don't people think before they talk? What if Dave Grohl ends up playing old Nirvana songs in twenty years and becoming a worse "circus act" himself? Then of course, he'll be "sharing the music". Oh whatever.
June 2nd, 2005 06:33 AM
Nellcote Tie him to Pesky's Pole @ Fenway, about 30 ft. up, at the openah on 08/21
Let him see how a real band plays...
June 2nd, 2005 06:57 AM
Poplar
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
(Studio audience laughs & applauds)

even sadder.
June 2nd, 2005 07:01 AM
keith_tif Dave Grohl played with Nirvana. Nirvana, sorry Kurt Cobain, were great but Dave Grolh is an animal ans he's finished like his friend Novoselic who made now politics!
June 2nd, 2005 08:24 AM
Honky Tonk Man It beats the hell out of me as to why people here care so much. Dave Grohl is entitled to his opinion and to be honest, does anyone here really think he was been completely serious?

I hope this thread doesn't escalate into total madness like it did at the Tell Me board. Jesus, what right do people have to get they're knickers in such a twist over comments made about a person they don't even know? Let Mick be upset. I doubt he's not bothered, so there is no need for people here to be.

Come on people, calm down!
June 2nd, 2005 09:23 AM
polksalad69
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Come on people, calm down!

Word, but Grohl really shouldn't sing.
June 2nd, 2005 09:32 AM
J.J.Flash I've said motherfuckers..... Rock'n'Roll is dying and the future of the new rock crap belongs to the hands of the likes of this fucking prick that pretend no to be influenced by the thunder of the monsters of the past.

Mark my words and buy me a drink some day:

Cool guys, great bands that don't hide they love and admiration for the Stones and another mosters of rock, folks like Slash and his mates on Velvet Revolver, all these bands that REALLY show off their influence and pay homage to the Rolling Stones are fated to be forgotten sooner or later. The new generation, the dickheads, the alienated Linkin Park, Korn, Kid Rock followers, they don't give a flying fuck to the raw rock'n'roll, to gorgeous fat guitar riffs, orgasmic jams, guitar solos, jazzy druming, groove bass.

"The future is uncertain and the end is always near"
June 2nd, 2005 09:43 AM
CraigP He has ALWAYS sucked.
June 2nd, 2005 10:23 AM
FPM C10
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I've said motherfuckers..... Rock'n'Roll is dying and the future of the new rock crap belongs to the hands of the likes of this fucking prick that pretend no to be influenced by the thunder of the monsters of the past.

Mark my words and buy me a drink some day:

"The future is uncertain and the end is always near"

JAY! My skin turns to CHICKEN when you say these things!

And I WILL buy you a drink someday!

When I first read this thread title I thought it said "Dave Grohl misses dick." I think that's what it SHOULD say actually. Although I'm not sure if that means "boy, I could sure go for some dick right about now" or "Now where's my dick? I know I USED to have one!"

I saw the Foo Fighters open for the Stones at the Meadowlands. They were completely overwhelmed by the gig, unable to reach beyond the first few rows, and totally forgotten a few seconds after the Stones started into "Satisfaction". It was like "Foo WHO?"

I'm sure they'd be good in a club, but then so is my band.
June 2nd, 2005 10:31 AM
Jair Dave is mediocre, as well as his stupid band.
June 2nd, 2005 10:39 AM
Honky Tonk Man Great post J.J Flash and I whole-heartedly agree with your point of view. However, It's just my opinion that some guys here and at Tell Me, are taking Grohl's comments too seriously.

Korn, Linkin Park? I’m not sure, but I hope your not tying Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters in with that shower of shit! I’ve always had the Foo Fighters down as a more traditional Rock ‘n Roll band.

By the way, in my humble opinion, all Linkin Park fans should be shot
June 2nd, 2005 10:42 AM
Maxlugar Dave Grohl is a really good drummer who now thinks he's a kickin' front man and guitarist of a kickin' cool band.

Hims be wrong.

He is easily one of the bigger goof-balls in rock.

HOWEVER!

I put some blame on the Stones and their lack of output during the last 15 years.

In my mind, to be taken seriously you must have a consistent stream of product to show. The Stones have become what I always made fun of the Beach Boys for. Lots of touring with little new product.

It is my deepest hope that this new album turns that around.

Maxlugar.
June 2nd, 2005 10:51 AM
polksalad69
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Dave Grohl is a really good drummer who now thinks he's a kickin' front man and guitarist of a kickin' cool band.

Hims be wrong.

He is easily one of the bigger goof-balls in rock.

So true, but he's laughing all the way to the bank. Sounds familiar.

Who cares, Foo and Velvet Revolver aren't the future anyway.
June 2nd, 2005 10:57 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

So true, but he's laughing all the way to the bank. Sounds familiar.

Who cares, Foo and Velvet Revolver aren't the future anyway.

There's no future my friend. The RAWNESS of Rock'n'Roll as it meant to be played and conceived no longer will be part of the new stuff in the near future.
June 2nd, 2005 11:05 AM
polksalad69
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

There's no future my friend. The RAWNESS of Rock'n'Roll as it meant to be played and conceived no longer will be part of the new stuff in the near future.

as long as there are older and younger fellers willing to play clubs we'll be ok.

June 2nd, 2005 11:11 AM
Madafaka Dave Grohl has hungry of glory. Tell me what he did besides Nirvana. And one more, he hasn't the rights of their own tunes of Nirvana!
Don't be cruel guys, he needs to eat!
[Edited by Madafaka]
June 2nd, 2005 11:46 AM
polytoxic Well really Grohl's comments are not that much different from Mick's famous quote about not wanting to sing Satisfaction at 40, or a variation on the 'hope I die before I get old" riff. Grohl will eat his words like the rest of them in due time.
June 2nd, 2005 12:14 PM
Factory Girl Dave Grohl would be washing cars, if it wasn't for Kurt Cobain knocking himself off.

Word to your posse.
June 2nd, 2005 02:16 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>>It beats the hell out of me as to why people here care so much. Dave Grohl is entitled to his opinion and to be honest, does anyone here really think he was been completely serious?
<<

Yes, Dave is entitled to his opinion, but the reason people get upset and come to the defense of Mick or The Stones is because it's the same reason that people come to the defense of their little brother that is being picked on. Although I don't know Mick personally, his music has been a huge part of my life and when some fuck throws down on him, it's only natuaral that I would back him up. Call it crazy or whatever but if the cause is just, then fucking stand up for it!
June 2nd, 2005 02:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Jair wrote:
Dave is mediocre, as well as his stupid band.

I totally agree Jair ...............

June 2nd, 2005 10:37 PM
corgi37 I just laugh at all the dudes trying to say they dont want success in 20 years. I'm sure Leif Garrett would like it back.

I read years ago a interview with Kim Thayal from Soundgarden. He was asked if he was influenced by any of the classic rockers (Stones mentioned specifically). He went all out to say no. Saying how dated it all was, and i think he even bagged the Stones guitar sound as "wimpy".

Yet, people in the know, can hear Black Sabbath written all over many Soundgarden songs. It seems to be a badge of honour to be "totally independent" and dismissive of their influences. Maybe its a grunge thing? I recall Nirvana being likened to the Who as well. That went down really well with the Seattle dudes (Cobain claimed he didnt even know the Who used to smash their instruments!!).

Mind you, i also bet Kim Thayal wishes success was still around.

I mean, its just totally crap. Who are they trying to kid? Like, they WANT to fail? They WANT to be disregarded? Maybe they think its cool to pretend not to care?

I dont know. Its all too much. Back to masturbating now.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)