ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Columbus/Toronto Swap? Return to archive
May 31st, 2005 08:45 AM
gimmekeef With still no announcement about Columbus it seems that the rumoured stalemate between local promoters and Cohl over ticket allotments could kill Columbus.(I hope not for fans there).However with Toronto not selling as briskly as one would have thought they could move Toronto from Monday night to the prime Saturday slot.That would likely push sales in Toronto higher.Then with the full week open prior to that Saturday why not do an arena/small stadium in the Dayton/Cinci area.Columbus is close,Indianapolis is close as well and northern Ky.I have heard Cohl's heavy demands on guarantees have many cities balking.Detroits Palace of Auburn Hills and Joe Louis apparently said no so therefore they had no choice but Comerica.
May 31st, 2005 09:41 AM
Martha Cohl is a money grubbing asshole. Criminey.
May 31st, 2005 03:55 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. I mentioned they should do Indy, Cincinnati, or Louisville awhile back should Columbus fall through. I really hope they do, they haven't played any of those cities in years (especially Cincinnati, I think the last time might've been all the way back in the '60's?).
May 31st, 2005 09:04 PM
souldoggie The Stones played Cincinnati (Riverfront Stadium) in 1989 and 1994. I was at both shows. The cool thing about 1989 is that the Stones took up nearly a week's residence at the 5-star hotel "The Cincinnatian"...which was instrumental in my meeting three of them. I've got a photo of me and Jagger (taken by Matt Clifford) at the hotels' bar, "Crickets". I also have a shot of Charlie and myself outside the five star restaurant, "The Maisonette", located in downtown Cincinnati. I presented Charlie with a rare Pacific Jazz LP and he was most graciuos. Tony King is also seen in that photo, as he had accompanied Charlie that evening to dinner. The shot of Ronnie and myself was taken in the hotel lobby. I also got shots of Bernard and the two singer gals (can't remember their names at the moment).

Keith never left his suite...and Mick rarely did, opting for lots of Thai carryout. Mick was under the weather, having caught a cold a couple days before, in Chicago.

They played Louisville (Freedom Hall) in 1981. I paid off an undercover cop, who was working the parking lot looking for thieves, $20.00, to get me in that relatively small arena, which had sold out in about 10 minutes. I was at the 1978 Lexington gig at Rupp Arena, as well. That was one hell of a show.

They need to play Dayton, Ohio again! They could do the relatively new arena "Nutter Center" at Wright State University. They haven't played Dayton since 1964 and 1965. And 1964 doesn't count, seeing how they played as a quartet...Brian had been "hospitalized for exhaustion."
June 1st, 2005 08:16 AM
gimmekeef The Columbus date is still off Ticketmaster.The printing of tickets for Toronto says not until mid June when all other shows printed immediately.I'm still of the belief Toronto is going to be moved to the Saturday and Columbus is gettin hosed.The Ticketmaster take down is probably a ploy to flood the Columbus arena with calls and force the issue.We'll see....but Dayton would be a good central location for a lot of fans I think....
June 1st, 2005 09:54 AM
Martha The Nutter Center sucks as a venue choice. The sound is really bad (design flaw). They'll never do a Dayton show.
June 1st, 2005 06:33 PM
souldoggie The sound sucks? Well, forget Nutter. Look, I know they'll never play Dayton. But if they would, and the sound sucks at Nutter...then play Hara Arena again. I love Hara. That barn is a total dump...but intimate and funky. Lots of memories there.
June 2nd, 2005 11:21 AM
Martha
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
The sound sucks? Well, forget Nutter. Look, I know they'll never play Dayton. But if they would, and the sound sucks at Nutter...then play Hara Arena again. I love Hara. That barn is a total dump...but intimate and funky. Lots of memories there.

I HEAR that! I'm your soul sister. I went to my first concert there at age 12. It was The Carpenters.

I've seen a million shows at Hara Arena. My friend Big Daddy fondly calls Hara "The Party Pit" LOL! It still looks exactly the same inside as it did when The Carpenters played there in 1970 or 1971. I noticed that when I went back there to catch Dylan in November of 2002. It was a flash-back fry! Much better sound though than the Nut House. The Nut's sound is absolutely horrid. No matter who gigs there...the sound is muddy and sucky everytime. Gack!
June 2nd, 2005 05:12 PM
time is on my side I've just noticed a report which says ticket sales for the COLUMBUS OHIO show go on sale 06-11-2005. The report is offical and seems to confirm that, yes, most definitely there will be a Columbus Ohio show on September 24, 2005.
June 3rd, 2005 10:05 AM
Scottfree
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
I've just noticed a report which says ticket sales for the COLUMBUS OHIO show go on sale 06-11-2005. The report is offical and seems to confirm that, yes, most definitely there will be a Columbus Ohio show on September 24, 2005.

Do you have a link by chance? I still don't see it on TM....
June 3rd, 2005 10:54 AM
Martha
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
I've just noticed a report which says ticket sales for the COLUMBUS OHIO show go on sale 06-11-2005. The report is offical and seems to confirm that, yes, most definitely there will be a Columbus Ohio show on September 24, 2005.

I was told this was the on sale date as well when I talked to an employee at the Blue Jackets store while calling for the box office ( I got the store accidentally) 2 days ago. But no info is up at TxBastard at all.
June 3rd, 2005 11:14 AM
time is on my side
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Do you have a link by chance? I still don't see it on TM....

By the end of the weekend, just about all of the currently announced shows on The Rolling Stones (bio | tickets | CDs - DVDs - books)' upcoming summer/fall tour of North America will have gone on the market.

Tickets for the tour's stops in Fresno, CA; Salt Lake City; Denver; Glendale, AZ; Dallas; and Houston are scheduled to go on sale to the general market Saturday (6/4), following a series of pre-sales (information about ticket pre-sales is available at the Stones' website).
Thanks to strong ticket demand in the Bay Area, promoters have added a second show, for Nov. 15, at San Francisco's SBC Park. Tickets for the new date go on sale Sunday (6/5).

This will mark the fourth straight weekend that the Stones have rolled out a large batch of tickets, and most shows have sold out quickly. Several Canadian dates sold out over the past weekend, including all 75,000 tickets for the band's Sept. 3 concert in Moncton, New Brunswick, according to Canadian news reports.

The first leg of the Stones' 2005/2006 tour opens Aug. 21 in Boston. The jaunt wraps up Dec. 1 in Houston, and about 35 shows are confirmed so far. More North American shows are in the works for early 2006.

In addition to North America, the trek is expected touch down in Mexico, South America and the Far East (possibly including the band's first-ever performances in mainland China). The outing will end in Europe during the summer of 2006.

Tour Itinerary

[Note: The following tour itinerary has been provided by artist and/or tour sources, who verify its accuracy as of June 02, 2005 12:06 PM. Changes may occur before tickets go on sale. Check with official artist web sites, ticketing sources and venues for late updates.]

Buy Tickets

August 2005
21, 23 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park (w/ Black Eyed Peas) (SOLD OUT)
26 - Hartford, CT - Rentschler Field (w/ Maroon 5) (SOLD OUT)
28 - Ottawa, Ontario - Lansdowne Park (w/ Our Lady Peace, Les Trois Accords) (on sale now)
31 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park (w/ Maroon 5) (on sale now)

September 2005
3 - Moncton, New Brunswick - Magnetic Hill (w/ Maroon 5, Tragically Hip, Our Lady Peace, Les Trois Accords) (SOLD OUT)
6 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center (SOLD OUT)
8 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center (on sale 6/11)
10 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field (SOLD OUT)
15 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium (SOLD OUT)
24 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena (on sale 6/11)
26 - Toronto, Ontario - Rogers Centre (w/ Beck) (on sale now)
28 - Pittsburgh, PA - PNC Park (w/ Pearl Jam) (on sale now)

October 2005
1 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium (SOLD OUT)
3 - Washington, DC - MCI Center (w/ John Mayer Trio) (SOLD OUT)
6 - Charlottesville, VA - Scott Stadium, University of Virginia (SOLD OUT)
10 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center (w/ John Mayer Trio) (SOLD OUT)
15 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena (SOLD OUT)
17 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena (SOLD OUT)
19 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum (SOLD OUT)
21 - Charlotte, NC - New Charlotte Arena (SOLD OUT)
28 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome (SOLD OUT)
30 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena (on sale 6/11)

November 2005
1 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena (on sale to be announced)
4 - Anaheim, CA - Angel Stadium of Anaheim (SOLD OUT)
11 - San Diego, CA - PETCO Park (SOLD OUT)
13 - San Francisco, CA - SBC Park (SOLD OUT)
15 - San Francisco, CA - SBC Park (on sale 6/5)
20 - Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center (on sale 6/4)
22 - Salt Lake City, UT - Delta Center (on sale 6/4)
24 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center (on sale 6/4)
27 - Glendale, AZ - Glendale Arena (on sale to be announced)
29 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center (on sale 6/4)

December 2005
1 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center (on sale 6/4)

Buy Tickets

Partner Marketplace

The report ABOVE has A ON SALE DATE of 06-11 for COLUMBUS OHIO. This report is generated by Ticketbastard. Also, the fact that Columbus is not currently listed on Ticketbastard is not really that unusual. I've seen them do this when they about ready to update ticket information or if the tickets are not being sold through them. In this case, it appears tickets will be sold through them so I don't think they are doing anything more that updating ticket information.

June 7th, 2005 11:00 AM
time is on my side The information for the Columbus Ohio show is back on TICKETBASTARD. It's definitely going to happen on September 24, 2005:

Rolling Stones
Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
Sat, Sep 24, 2005 07:30 PM Additional Information
Check back for on sale date and time.
Look For Rolling Stones Tickets
Ticket Limit
Ticket limit is eight (8) on the first day on sale

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card. Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

Tickets may not be on sale yet.
Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later.
Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs.
On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at ticket outlets or the box office.
Benefits of an account:

Faster checkout
Access to ticketAlerts®

Event Details
- Seating Chart
- Directions
- Parking
- Email this Event to a Friend

US $60.00 - US $350.00

AMERIQUEST PRESENTS
THE ROLLING STONES
ON STAGE
NATIONWIDE ARENA
NO CAMERAS/RECORDERS
SAT SEP 24 2005 7:30 PM

- view all events at this venue

June 7th, 2005 11:11 AM
gimmekeef This is great news for the Ohio and area fans!
June 8th, 2005 12:18 AM
time is on my side Apparently, TICKETBASTARD has updated the information on
the COLUMBUS OHIO show. There seems to be some sort of presale going on tomorrow which will last a week before the fan club presale begins. Tickets don't go on sale to the general public until June 17, 2005.

The Rolling Stones
Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
Sat, Sep 24, 2005 08:00 PM Look For Rolling Stones Tickets
Ticket Limit
Presale ticket limit is four (4) per person. Ticket limit is eight (8) on the first day on sale

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card. Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

Tickets may not be on sale yet.
Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later.
Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs.
On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at ticket outlets or the box office.
Benefits of an account:

Faster checkout
Access to ticketAlerts®

Event Details
- Seating Chart
- Directions
- Parking
- Email this Event to a Friend

US $60.00 - US $350.00

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Fri, 06/17/05 10:00 AM EDT

Internet Presale Info
Presale:
Start: Wed, 06/08/05 10:00 AM EDT
End: Wed, 06/15/05 10:00 PM EDT

Fan Club Presale:
Start: Tue, 06/14/05 10:00 AM EDT
End: Thu, 06/16/05 10:00 PM EDT

AMERIQUEST PRESENTS
THE ROLLING STONES
ON STAGE
NATIONWIDE ARENA
NO CAMERAS/RECORDERS
SAT SEP 24 2005 8:00 PM

- view all events at this venue

Home Music Sports Arts & Theater Family
Site Map | About Ticketmaster | Our Policies | Privacy Policy | Sell Tickets With Us | International | My Account | Help
Use of this site is subject to express terms of use, which prohibit commercial use of this site. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms.
© 2005 Ticketmaster. All rights reserved.
Partner Sites: Citysearch ClassicVacations.com CondoSaver.com Entertainment.com Evite Expedia Gifts.com Hotels.com
Hotwire HSN LendingTree liveDaily Match.com RealEstate.com ReserveAmerica TicketWeb TripAdvisor ZeroDegrees
e Columbus OHIO show. The presale begins tomorrow.

June 8th, 2005 10:33 AM
Martha Thanks to Larry Dallas's help this morning (I owe you darlin') I now have 2 tickets to the Nationwide Arena show in Columbus OH!

Holy CRAP!

We're IN Ronnie! :-)

Who else got tickets this morning?

June 8th, 2005 10:38 AM
Nellcote MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHTA!
Rock The House~Have a great time!!
June 8th, 2005 10:47 AM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:
Thanks to Larry Dallas's help this morning (I owe you darlin') I now have 2 tickets to the Nationwide Arena show in Columbus OH!

Holy CRAP!

We're IN Ronnie! :-)

Who else got tickets this morning?

A very Hearty CONGRATULATIONS Martha !!!!!!!!!

That's what me and my little friends running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

" Stones is Stones Ronnie "

Joey Carson

June 8th, 2005 10:50 AM
Martha I didn't even KNOW these damn tickets were going on sale this AM. I started trying to buy them while I was still half asleep! LOL Thanks for all your encouragment Professor Nellcote and Joey!

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane!

xxoo,
MM
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)