ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 @ MSG Return to archive
May 22nd, 2005 08:32 PM
Madafaka U2 played last night @ MSG in NY (05/21/05).

I know the setlist, but I want to know if someone from RO went to that concert and if she/he could write a little review.
TIA!
May 22nd, 2005 10:59 PM
Soldatti interference.com is the best site of the web for U2, loads of reviews there.
May 23rd, 2005 05:42 AM
Gazza Dublin's a more interesting place to see U2 than anywhere.

That said, I'm skipping their shows there next month because I knew the swarm for tickets would be completely mental and going to Glasgow a few days earlier instead.

They've now sold a quarter of a million tickets for 3 Dublin shows. the first two sold out in about three minutes and a third was added a few weeks ago which also went in no time. They're trying to add a fourth, although I doubt they'll get permission to do so. For an island of 5.5 million people, thats some serious demand. Almost everyone I know who tried to get tickets got shut out!
May 23rd, 2005 09:04 AM
Madafaka Thank you Soldatti, but I wanna a review from a Rock Offer!

Gazza, what you tell me is simply awesome! I thought in these days, that kind of things doesn't exist anymore... I was wrong!

[Edited by Madafaka]
May 23rd, 2005 10:33 AM
Gazza They do for certain acts in their hometown, usually when that area doesnt produce many other major worldwide superstars

Springsteen sold over half a million tickets for ten shows in New Jersey at Giants Stadium two years ago and then added 3 more at Shea Stadium in New York, a few miles up the road

Much larger population area, however. U2 could easily have sold half a milion tickets for these Dublin shows, without question. In a city of one million people.
May 23rd, 2005 11:34 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Gazza wrote:
U2 could easily have sold half a milion tickets for these Dublin shows, without question. In a city of one million people.

That's fantastic. I'll try to get the boot from there.
Thank you!
May 23rd, 2005 11:35 AM
Joey

www.U2Tours.com
May 23rd, 2005 11:42 AM
Madafaka Thank you Joey!

In fact, I check all the U2 info in these sites:
www.interference.com (Great shots)
www.u2neophobia.com/concerts/concert_fiche.php (Great info and sometimes, great boots to donwload)
www.u2tours.com (You told me this one)
May 23rd, 2005 09:41 PM
Soldatti I don't know why U2 toured only arenas in US...
May 29th, 2005 11:18 AM
Madafaka U2 @ MSG

Front:

Back:

The sound quality is awesome. I love how MSG sounds, I love the acoustic from that place. Is an audience recording A or A+, it depends the person who put the qualification!
If you like music, that cd is a MUST.
And the end of 'Vertigo', Bono sings a little part of Ramones' 'Rockaway Beach'.

[Edited by Madafaka]
May 29th, 2005 04:13 PM
Jaxx i know you want an msg review, but they don't change out too many tunes. i saw them in denver last month. i lucked out and got free tickets.

the stage was set up at one end of the arena. there was a large circular catwalk around the stage. there was a mosh pit between the inner circle of the catwalk and the stage. bono was his usual dramatic self. the edge was H O T as usual.

but, the acoustics at the pepsi center are excellent and quite frankly they played too loud. i had a hard time hearing the edge over the feedback and the lyrics also got lost. IMO the tix are way overpriced. they lost my interest half way through their 2 hour set.

i was one of the fortunate 4,000 to witness their '83 show at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. the pepsi center show didn't even come close to THAT magically spectacular performance.

while they may be one of the hottest bands of today, imo no way do they put on a show with the energy or magnitude of a stones show.
[Edited by Jaxx]
May 30th, 2005 12:07 AM
Some Guy Cold Play is the new U2.
June 7th, 2005 09:51 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Cold Play is the new U2.

Yes, I think the same.
June 7th, 2005 10:52 AM
mmdog
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I don't know why U2 toured only arenas in US...

Soldatti,

I think it's because the last U2 U.S. Stadium tour was a mini bomb. It was the 1997 Popmart Tour. Many crowds below 30,000 on that tour. I know you have access to a lot of stats, check that one out. They haven't played a stadium show in the U.S. since.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)