ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Midnight ramblin' babies!!
© Christopher Simon Sykes with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another Thread Showing Off Your Exquisite Listening Tastes Pt. VIII Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
April 17th, 2005 03:39 PM
Soldatti Stones - Live in Atlantic City, 1989.
April 18th, 2005 05:51 PM
Madafaka RS - Steel Wheels
RS - No Stone Unturned
April 18th, 2005 08:23 PM
mac_daddy x and the minutemen - the soundtrack to my formative years (when i wasnt listening to the stones)!!!
April 18th, 2005 09:52 PM
Soldatti Zepp - Coda
April 18th, 2005 10:01 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Guns n' Roses - Use Your Illusion II
Stones - Seattle Supersonic 1981
April 19th, 2005 11:19 AM
Zeeta The Specials - The Specials

The Clash - Super Black Market Clash Awesome!

Kasabian - Kasabian

April 19th, 2005 09:26 PM
Soldatti RS - Beggars Banquet
The Cream Of Eric Clapton
April 19th, 2005 11:41 PM
Madafaka THE BEATLES - White Album
April 20th, 2005 07:39 PM
Soldatti Guns 'n Roses Greatest Hits
April 21st, 2005 11:15 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Stones - Beat Beat Beat @ the Beeb
April 21st, 2005 11:22 PM
Soldatti Kiss - Alive
April 22nd, 2005 12:08 AM
time is on my side Stones- Let It Bleed, Bridges To Babylon

There was a thread a few weeks ago about the relative merits of Bridges To Babylon- was it good album or did it suck??? The general consensus being that it was in fact a very good album which I found kind of surprising as I always considered this album to be very average. Since it had been some time since I had actually listened to the album, my curiousity was aroused and I pulled the CD out of mothballs. Put it into my rotation and gave it a second chance. My impressions??? The first eight songs rock. From the first song Flip the Switch to Saint of Me, this is a much stronger effort than I remember (highlights include Flip the Switch, Low Down, Gunface but to be honest I really liked all eight of them). So for the first 2/3 of this album, this is a really surprising strong effort. To these ears anyway, the album runs out of steam for the final third (two really weak songs, Might As Well Get Juiced and Always Suffering, and ending with two overrated Keith ballads, Thief in the Night and How Can I Stop- what can I say, they just don't move me). However, in between these ballads, is another strong rocker, Too Tight.

Overall, I'm going to have to upgrade this album. The criticism this album generates is hard to understand. This is a pretty stong album. To those that have known this all along, forgive me??? I've changed my mind. It's my belief this album is underrated.

[Edited by time is on my side]
April 22nd, 2005 01:37 AM
Dan FAITH NO MORE-SAN FRANCISCO,CA:WARFIELD THEATRE 10/6/97
absolute pristine quality, better than most soundboards I have heard and a brilliant performance. I saw them 10/5/97 and it was slightly disapointing 75 min through the motions set but still great when compared to any other bands, this is much better, same as the show I saw plus Land of Sunshine, Pristina, Ugly In The Morning and a minute long version of Highway Star. Been listening to this one over and over again.

Also on DVD Supergrass "The Obscured Collection" Volume 1 and 2
[Edited by Dan]
April 22nd, 2005 06:24 AM
Cant Catch Me Hey, concerning Patti Smith. Several years ago I bought a dog eared book on the Stones at a used bookstore. It’s almost like a comic book but much thicker and it has a whole bunch of Stones-related essays, reviews, interviews, photos, drawings, etc.

Anyway, Patti Smith wrote a pretty cool article for it, talking about how for her as a young teenager the Stones were the archetypical rock ‘n roll band and the inspiration for her own rock ‘n roll career.

In the article she described a Stones concert she saw when she was pretty young, maybe before puberty, and how the music sexually aroused her for the first time in her life, just as a visceral reaction to the sound and, I think, Mick's vocals and general antics. In fact, in her blunt way, I think Patti said the music got her pussy wet, and the thrill and the pleasure of that moment propelled her towards a whole life of rock ‘n roll.

I thought that was some pretty wild shit when I first read it, especially because of the fairly graphic, blunt language she used to describe the physical, primal really, effect of the music on her.

So, I been listenin’ to some reggae, Jimmy Cliff and Horace Andy, plus Byron Lee and the Dragonaires, who as far as I’m concerned were the absolute best ska studio band ever, just a crack bunch o’ ace musicians that backed a whole, whole bunch of ska vocalists.

Plus, Brussels ’73 in the car and Let It Bleed on the home stereo.

Also, some West Coast “cool” jazz, as in Art “Smack Up” Pepper, Chet “Speedball” Baker and Stan Getz (non-bossa nova). And, from the jazz avant garde, “El Corazon,” by Don Cherry and percussionist Ed Blackwell. Most of that honkin’, squeakin’ avant garde shit bugs the hell out of me, but I like Don Cherry (and Ornette Coleman too). “El Corazon” is so inventive and has some passages that are so beautiful that I can put the CD on repeat and listen to it for hours and hours.

[Edited by Cant Catch Me]
April 22nd, 2005 07:13 PM
Soldatti Between The Buttons
April 22nd, 2005 08:52 PM
Child of the Moon Grateful Dead - Aoxomoxoa
April 23rd, 2005 11:15 PM
M.O.W.A.T. The Killers - Hot Fuss
April 24th, 2005 06:44 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

Stones - Seattle Supersonic 1981

Hi M.O.W.A.T.
Is that the new dvd,and if so how good is it.
April 24th, 2005 08:21 AM
M.O.W.A.T. No, it's the Sister Morphine CD.
April 24th, 2005 02:37 PM
Soldatti Love You Live
April 24th, 2005 06:14 PM
Madafaka FRANK SINATRA - New York, New York
April 24th, 2005 10:20 PM
Nellcote Bob Marley Live 12 2 73
April 26th, 2005 12:05 AM
Child of the Moon Tonight, on the rotation-
Weir Here - The Best of Bob Weir
Gassers Banquet
Diamond Dogs - Bowie
Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ - Springsteen
and some old Charley Patton stuff thrown in for good measure!
[Edited by Child of the Moon]
April 26th, 2005 12:38 AM
MrPleasant Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante
April 26th, 2005 07:23 PM
time is on my side The Clash- London Calling
Bruce Springsteen- Devils & Dust (highly recommended)
April 26th, 2005 08:14 PM
Soldatti Bruce Springsteen - Devils & Dust

Great album.
April 28th, 2005 01:43 AM
Bloozehound Beck ~ Guero

Steve Earle ~ Shut Up and Die Like an Aviator

Sam Cooke

Cupid draw back your bow
And let your arrow go
Straight to my lovers heart for me
April 28th, 2005 10:14 PM
Soldatti Bridges To Babylon
April 28th, 2005 10:29 PM
M.O.W.A.T. The Faces - Five Guys Walk Into A Bar (disc 1)
April 29th, 2005 11:31 PM
Soldatti Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)