ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Internet heroes: Angiegirl, Frank and Strange_Stray_Cat
Vision Zukunftspark, Oberhausen - June 13, 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Review Return to archive
06-11-03 07:08 AM
partner in crime Hello everybody,
just a short review from �La Scala del Calcio� (and you know what I mean �)
It�s a great impression seeing this stadium sold out not for AC Milan but for the Stones, in this hot summer night. The Stones hit the stage a few minutes past 08:30 delivering a thunderous version of Brown Sugar with the crowd ready to sing and clap hands along with Mick; then, again open G and we had Start Me Up followed by the infamous You Got Me Rocking, a song I wouldn�t like to be played again but � �Buonasera Milano� Mick greeted the audience with perfect pronunciation � Don�t Stop, with Mick on guitar, is so much better played live than in studio, with nice camera views from Ron�s Stratocaster peghead: a good version, longer and tougher. Then Miss You, with Darryl�s bass lines on the spot, funky / disco to get stoned all nite long with the crowd getting back to Mick�s falsetto, absolutely astounding. I wasn�t expecting them to perform Out of Control, I think is a tour debut, wonderfully played by everyone, so far away from what I�ve seen during B2B and NS: great, with Ron and Keith interchanging fills and solos . Acoustic guitars for both and Keith strummed the first chord of Angie, definitively a crowd pleaser, well sung and played.
The bone introduced YCAGWYW, a great performance by the whole band, with a swingin�end followed by Tumblin�Dice, a song they could play even sleeping � Band intro with ovations for everybody then Keith� set, Thru and Thru, soulful and sweet with Happy to follow.
Congas and maracas kicked off Sympathy, Keith on the spot delivering his nervous solos as usual. Mick was the first, followed by Chuck, Charlie, Ron and Keith, to get the b-stage: a berry-styled intro by Keith for It�s Only Rock�n�Roll , great choruses by both the band and the crowd and, yeah, then it came Mannish Boy, highlight of the nite ,with Ronnie playing a wonderful Dan Armstrong Lucite. B-stage set ended with Like A Rolling Stone, a song I cannot stand no more �sorry! High fives on the way back to the main stage while Lisa became to moan the melody lines of Gimme Shelter, her song !!!
Gorgeous Keith hit his Tele to give us Honky Tonk Woman, with cartoons on the video screen, with a joyous impact on the enthusiastic crowd; just a breath then Ron embraced a marvellous sitar shaped Danelectro for a powerful rendition of Street Fightin�Man � what a song !!!
A tremendous Satisfaction earthquaked San Siro, red confetti all over the field, vigorously played and sung by everybody, with Keith playing his new baby, a metallic Telecaster with purple neck and peghead, a gift from ZZ Top guitar maker. �Good night� but we all knew it wasn�t over.
A short break before ending with Jumpin�Jack Flash, played with the devil inside � fireworks and lights on.
As you can guess a very good show, with a weird setlist, a great audience and the Greatest Rock�n�Roll Band in the World !!!
Ciao a tutti
Marco
06-11-03 07:21 AM
fmk438j While I read these reviews My eyes become all glazy. Really invokes great images.

But it's sad too. Worrying. How fleeting these scenes might be.

Is anyone else scared shitless they might not see them again?

Savour every second.

daniel

06-11-03 11:24 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy We'll see 'em again. I got that feeling. A feeling deep inside. Whoa-oh.

Excellent review, by the way.

-tSYX --- May be the last time, I dunno.
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003