ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Internet heroes: Angiegirl, Frank and Strange_Stray_Cat
Vision Zukunftspark, Oberhausen - June 13, 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: nearing the end of Milan show... Return to archive
06-10-03 05:40 PM
sandrew ...is anyone going to sate our internet-age need for instant gratification and post a set list?
06-10-03 05:57 PM
Gazza nothing as yet but according to a 2nd hand post on IORR it was the standard stadium show...but they DID play "Out Of Control"
06-10-03 06:02 PM
steel driving hammer I hope playing Out Of Control doesn't give them flashbacks to 1997!

Especially Ronnie!

He might start drinking again!
06-10-03 06:15 PM
montana great!!!!! out of control!! yeah i read it in iorr too...i've just tried to look for more info in yahoo.it but nothing at all...
06-10-03 06:16 PM
mandrack out of control!!!
finaly
06-10-03 06:18 PM
T&A also saw a post that said they played IYCRM - a stadium first, I believe...
06-10-03 06:19 PM
T&A you know Ronnie's wah-wah work wasn't half-bad on OOC during the 97-99 run when he was drunk - I wouldn't be surprised if he's kicked it up a notch now....be very interested to hear tonight's version....
06-10-03 06:24 PM
steel driving hammer Now IORR is saying they didn't play IYCRM, it was IORR.

Oh the Horror!!

You know that this heart is constant, I'm your lover baby, thru and thru.
06-10-03 06:27 PM
Angiegirl I love OOC! Hope to hear it again some time. Too bad about LARS though :P.
06-10-03 06:44 PM
Child of the Moon Yes, it's very nice to know that Out Of Control is back (at least for one show, hopefully more). I always really dug hearing that version on '97-'99 recordings. Looks like our boys are starting to take some chances again! :-)

Let's hope for some more fantastic shows!
06-10-03 06:53 PM
T&A worse yet - it wasn't IORR (played on b), it was You Got me Rockin' - yikes! What a letdown!
06-10-03 07:01 PM
steel driving hammer They played Miss You?

It's nice to have that back, but not for too long.
06-10-03 07:06 PM
dealer squealing Is this the show i�ve been waiting for? The first one with Like a rolling stone, Miss You and You got Me Rocking all in one?!? If so that�s what i was telling you guys last autum, everytime the tour hits Europe they tend to droppe out the gems and put those in. I know the setlist don�t tell all the story it sure might have been an awesome show but i hate this. Why can�t it be like old days when a new songs or new arrengements of songs to the set stayed in?
They have raped this songs during both VL and BTB tours!!
What have we got to deserve this? And now out of control???
the set list is gonna be much the same as last time in europe! take a look at the setlist of the Wembley gigs in 1999 for example!
06-10-03 07:20 PM
Angiegirl Remember 2 things:
- Maybe they are playing a bit safe with the Italian audience, as they have not played there for 13 years. Like in India almost. They never sell that crazy in Southern Europe as the tend to do in most north-western European countries.

- Mick thinks Europeans are into the 'hard rock songs' as he calls them, ie the hits and singalongs. We've been trying to convince him otherwise, lol!
06-11-03 03:55 AM
dealer squealing Yeah Angiegirl i hope you are right on this
I have faith in our boys.
06-11-03 11:25 AM
partner in crime yeah dealer,
you're right!
I was in yesterday night, close the b stage, I've enjoyed the show, appreciate everything's but the setlist, one of the weirdest of this tour, with a couple of songs from past tours even if with a better rendition, and the usual bunch of war-horses. But they weren't wrong as in italy we don't have any "rock culture", ie music journalists - people that became to collect records in the 60s with dad money and so decided to be a rock critic - assumed that blues is zucchero fornaciari (!!!) and rock is eros ramazzotti (!!!)... and most of yesterday audience was the first time seeing the stones. then if you include in the setlist some hidden gems this people could not know them and not being so enthusiastic as it was. 60 thousands filled the "scala del calcio" and everyone of them went really crazy: I've heard lot of guys saying great, fantastic, unique and you cannot blame them. me too, I wouldn't like to hear YGMR, MY, GS (played everytime worse, it's just a spot for lisa), LARS ... I was at the opening gig in Munich last week and I was amazed both by music quality and by the setlist itself but yesterday night I tried to forget it not to compare these shows. anyway I would like them to play every night in front of an audience like yesterday's one, the best memory I will have.
ciao
marco
06-11-03 11:43 AM
dealer squealing Thanks for your comments Marco, i understand and would of cource have had a great time if i was there yesterday. But maby i�m just afraid because i hadn�t had the chance to see the boys in usa and would not like the same setlist as the last time i saw them.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003