ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Internet heroes: Angiegirl, Frank and Strange_Stray_Cat
Vision Zukunftspark, Oberhausen - June 13, 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guitar Question Return to archive
06-08-03 01:38 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox Hey, I had a couple of questions regarding tunings for anyone who may know. First, how does Keith play his riffs on the live version of Sympathy from the 69 tour. I'm assuming its an open tuning but im not sure. Also, is he in open G or E (or something else) on the studio version of Stray Cat Blues? Thanx in advance
06-08-03 02:43 AM
beer i'm pretty sure the live '69 version of Sympathy was played by Keith in standard tuning. he's playing it on his Dan Armstrong in the Gimme Shelter movie and i think that guitar was usually in standard for keith.when he played open tuning on the '69 tour it was usually on a les paul.

could be wrong though.
06-08-03 09:09 PM
sammy davis jr. Definitely standard tuning on the '69 Sympathy..... Studio version of Stray Cat Blues standard tuning as well- I think. It does sound kind "open" though. Could be the fingering.
06-09-03 08:41 AM
JaggerLips What the hell is a "Wah Wah guitar" used on Out of Control played by MJ?
06-09-03 09:49 AM
Jaxx
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
What the hell is a "Wah Wah guitar" used on Out of Control played by MJ?

a wah wah is an accessory for the guitar--a pedal-- that creates a sound like the guitar is "talking" (only way i can describe it). jimi hendrix used a dunlop wah but affecianados prefer the vox wah. apparently it doesn't sound as "muddy" as the dunlop.
06-09-03 01:18 PM
Factory Girl Hi Jaxxy! Welcome back! Hope that you are feeling fine.
06-09-03 01:29 PM
Jaxx thanks for the greeting, FC. slowly but surely, girlfriend. these knee things take time. i gotta walk before they make me run so to speak...heheh. this last week i've made signifigant progress-- using the clutch on my truck and making a full revolution on the bicycle.
06-09-03 02:02 PM
Factory Girl That is great, Jaxxy! Yes, recovery from surgery is a major ordeal. It does sound like you're making major progress. Keep up with pysical therapy, even though it is a pain.
06-09-03 02:06 PM
Jaxx great advice and i will oblidge. to say it is "a pain" is putting it mildly. thank goodness for mother's little helpers followed by a chiba chaser!
06-09-03 02:12 PM
steel driving hammer "Real Women Drive Trucks"

I saw that on a bumper sticker once!

Don't know what it says about me, cuz I drive a Subaru!

Shake it, but don't break it!
06-09-03 02:17 PM
Jaxx i think it says you like to sub-a-ru-a-doo-bee. LOL. yeah. my 5 speed has plenty of power and provides the solution for getting me off rocks.
06-09-03 02:20 PM
steel driving hammer Baby you can clutch my stick anytime! LMFAO!!
06-10-03 04:39 AM
Mathijs The rythm guitar on Stray Cat Blues is playe din open D, the solo parts are in standard tuning, all guitars are played by Keith. Sympathy in 1969 was played in standard tuning on the Ampeg Dan Armstrong Lucite guitar with the Rock Treble pick-up. A Wah-Wah is actually nothing more then a treble potentiometer that can be opened and closed with your foot. Opening means boosting the high frequenties, closing means cutting the high frequencies and boosting the low frequencies. I presonally favour the Vox V847 Wah pedal, but Wood uses the Dunlop Crybaby Wah, and as far as I know both Taylor and Richards have always used Dunlop Wah-Wah pedals.

Mathijs

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003