ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Internet heroes: Angiegirl, Frank and Strange_Stray_Cat
Vision Zukunftspark, Oberhausen - June 13, 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman is talking shit about the Stones! Return to archive Page: 1 2
06-06-03 10:39 PM
sammy davis jr. Bill's got a right to say whatever the fuck he wants- he was a founding member, and a fucking great bassist to boot. So he doesn't want to go galavanting around the world in the "rolling stones circus" anymore. So what? He doesn't need the money, that's for sure. He may be saying in his own way, he doesn't need the ego stroking spotlight anymore. You know Mick and Keith do. I mean Keith is the worst media whore of all. He'll show up at the opening of an envelope. And basically, the music hasn't changed the past thirty years.
06-07-03 07:45 AM
throbby mac_daddy wrote:

Oh - Bill sounded pretty f*cking good in '72 as well. I am grooving to "You Can't Do That Baby" (which is the best sounding 1972 source I know of), and he is all up in the mix - my neighbors could (grudgingly) tell you the same thing

Hell yes, a great fucking boot!
06-08-03 04:41 AM
F505 Sammy Davis jr wrote about Keith:
He'll show up at the opening of an envelope.

Well if his salary is in it you can't blame him. Even I would show up.
06-08-03 09:12 PM
sammy davis jr. I doubt seriously if Keith gets PAID to show up at every premier of every shitty movie ever made. Somehow I don't think he needs money THAT bad.
06-08-03 09:35 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
I doubt seriously if Keith gets PAID to show up at every premier of every shitty movie ever made. Somehow I don't think he needs money THAT bad.

Buddy, no offense, but aside from Murder and World Politicians, Keith, is given a pass to everything, anything he so desires.

Even to POlice give him a nod and a wave...

He can go anywhere, do anything, any trick in the book...
06-08-03 11:06 PM
full moon Sammy, aren't you dead???
06-09-03 05:19 AM
Zack Come on people, this article is pure sensationalism! Look at how short it is for one thing. It serves up each jab in its own paragraph, with no transitions whatsoever.

Bill is a big part of the Stones story, and such talk is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
06-09-03 11:23 PM
corgi37 Bill can say what he likes, as he is irrelevant. A nothing. I dont have the boots some people have mentioned on this thread, and i am sure he plays great, but check 5 of your fave stones songs. Chances are, the little perverted pedaphile doesnt even play on the track. Keith plays bass on Sympathy for fucks sake! Bill is on roughly half of exile and Steel Wheels. The list of songs he doesnt play on is incredible. But, i gotta say, the man could wear a satin jumpsuit with 5 mile wide collars like no other.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003