ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Internet heroes: Angiegirl, Frank and Strange_Stray_Cat
Vision Zukunftspark, Oberhausen - June 13, 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Olympiahalle, Munich - June 4 - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
06-04-03 06:13 PM
~AzQb

GooD Foookin' Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhew!

~
06-04-03 06:51 PM
luxury1 Wow--many thanks European RO'ers.
06-04-03 07:19 PM
F505 Mick looks absolutely stunning
06-04-03 07:23 PM
Lazy Bones Thanks Bollyboll for the call, and Gazza for the post!! And fantastic pictures!
06-04-03 07:34 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
F505 wrote:
Mick looks absolutely stunning

Yes but he shouldn't of cut his hair in the back.
06-04-03 07:35 PM
Nellcote Keith looks outstanding, well rested.
Same B Stage as Fleet Center opener, just reversed Neighbors, Mannish Boy
Great Summa Up Ahead!
06-04-03 07:47 PM
steel driving hammer Read on IORR that Micks shoe fell off durring SFM and had sit down 'after' the song ended and tie it back on himself!

And Lisa didn't sing on Monkey Man.

Take the shine right owp right right owp my shouew.
06-04-03 08:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK, I now officially wish that I was still stationed in Germany.
06-04-03 08:19 PM
LadyJane Once again Bravo to Montana and Moy!! You brought us the first pics as many of us were glued to our PC's. Many, many thanks!!

And may I also say that as much as it pains me not to be in Europe, it's GREAT to be able to share my misery with my fellow RO'ers!!

Who knows.....we may all get there somehow!!

LadyJ.

Damn Mick looks good! NO entertainer can come close to him. NO ONE!!!

[Edited by LadyJane]
06-04-03 09:16 PM
nankerphelge That was some fine work, no question.
Goddam it!

That crazy bastard marko better file a report!

Hey how many shows before marko's RV starts smelling like barf and cold pizza and shit? 2? 3 maybe?

Ohhhhh baby wouldn't ya love to be a part of it!
Hook up with marko and drive the RV across Europe!
I can drive buddy! I'll get over that right-side-of-the-road shit real quick!

06-04-03 09:33 PM
parmeda Ohhhhh, the tidal wave begins!

Outstanding pictures!
Outstanding setlist!
Outstanding stories to follow!

Then there's me... out standing on my stoop with no fricken show to go to damn it!

Yes, Marko better hurry his butt up with some scoop soon!
06-04-03 10:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some additional pictures provided by Sue, thanks!!

06-05-03 01:05 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy "Heartbreaker"...
"Midnight Rambler"...
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking"...

all in one night...

*slobber*

Ohhhhhhhh man am I sorry I missed this one.

In fact, if they'd played "All Down The Line" and "Rocks Off" in addition, I wouldn't be sorry I missed this one, because I would have suffered heart failure in the general admission section and caused undue suffering to my fellow fans.

-tSYX --- You hawtbreakahs, with yo forhty-fo's...
06-05-03 03:41 AM
tumbling_dice WOW!!!!!!!!!! Mick looks so good... I wish I could have been there. Hey Lady Jane, let's go catch the Milan show.lol. I LOVE the shirt he's wearing and they played one of my fave songs and the inspiration for my RO username :Tumbling Dice.
06-05-03 04:54 AM
MarthaMyDear If they play Heartbreaker in London, I will be SO HAPPY!!!
lol.............................................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I PRAY
they do!!! Mick, to me, is just
looking BETTER AND BETTER and every outfit I see him in just
seems to look better and better (and Keith is looking great here,
also)!!! Women could dress like Mick and look GREAT!!! lol.............................................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I think I'll try!!! lol.............................................
Thanks for the fashion tip, Mick!!! lol.............................................
Thanks for the bulge in the pants and the sexy dances and the...
I'll stop... lol.............................................
COLD SHOWER TIME!!! HE!!! HE!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROCK ON and thank you SO MUCH for these pix, etc.!!!
Right on!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
06-05-03 06:18 AM
bootcover

(www.bild.de)
06-05-03 07:09 AM
bootcover [Edited by bootcover]
[Edited by bootcover]
06-05-03 08:23 AM
L&A Thanks to all of you ! It's great to arrive in the morning at the office and to read such a great review of what happened only 10 hours ago !!!

That's
06-05-03 09:02 AM
FotiniD Exactly my thought L&A! My list of sending messages over the net has presented an amazing expansion today Anything to keep me close to the net and see those pix, and read about it! Thanks to all of you guys for sending pictures, phoning the setlist, giving so much info about a concert - makes me feel I almost was there

Is it cold in Munich? Ron and Keith wear these heavy-looking jackets. It's 35 C here in Greece!
06-05-03 09:06 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
That was some fine work, no question.
Goddam it!

That crazy bastard marko better file a report!

Hey how many shows before marko's RV starts smelling like barf and cold pizza and shit? 2? 3 maybe?

Ohhhhh baby wouldn't ya love to be a part of it!
Hook up with marko and drive the RV across Europe!
I can drive buddy! I'll get over that right-side-of-the-road shit real quick!

LOL!
06-05-03 09:21 AM
steel driving hammer
06-05-03 09:50 AM
sirfito Great pics and setlist!
Thank you very much.
Best,
Fito

P.S.: Heartbreaker and Mannish Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-05-03 09:53 AM
telecaster Keith really does look well rested.

Is he on the Victoria Principal skin care plan?
06-05-03 10:01 AM
Sir Stonesalot Nank!

As far as I can remember, the only place they drive opposite from us is in Great Britain and Ireland. Germany has awesome roads. The autobahn is just built for speed. I loved driving over there.

Knocking around in Markos RV would be fun...but slamming around in a 69 Stingray would be better.
06-05-03 10:03 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
bootcover wrote:

If it looks like a duck, plays electric sitar like a duck, dances about like a duck, and was known for having hair like a rooster, it must be Ronnie...

Keith has much the same expression, although I don't think he can stick his upper lip *quite* that far out.

I can't shake the feeling that if that picture had been taken a few seconds later we might've had a repeat of "that SNL incident"...

A friend of mine is considering doing a cartoon in the Japanese style starring Mr. Wood due to this pic from the MGM Grand this past winter:

God help us all.

They look like they're having quite a good time, that bunch. They seem to be in "Midnight Rambler" formation, although the sitar makes me think they're doing "Jumping Jack Flash".

And yeah, Mick's green costume is pretty awesome.

-tSYX --- I wanna teah yo' world apart...
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
06-05-03 11:36 AM
Martha Dooodoooodoooooodoooooodoooooodooooodooooodooodooodooodooodoooodoooodooooo...........
HEARTBREAKER!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap!!!!!!>>>>YES!

Great pics and set-list. I thank each and everyone of you who made certain to post it here....I feel like I was (almost) at the show thanks to you!

Rocks Off rules!

My thoughts:

Keef looks fabulous...he's my hero!

Mick is still the undisputable 9th wonder of the world!

Ronnie looks refreshed and ready to go.

Charlie is a rock.....he makes us all roll!

I must see them again.

Please come back to the States!!!!!
06-05-03 11:58 AM
Scot Rocks YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been away from here for a while, suffered two massive disapointments, however what news!

HEARTBREAKER!!!!!

Great setlist, playing that song made my day, Im praying I see it in London or Glasgow.

Thanks for the quick info. folks its appreciated.

Are you ready Europe for the Greatest Rock n' Roll band in the world!!!!!!!

STONESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mark
06-05-03 12:08 PM
sirmoonie The first notes of CYHMK make you tense, a reflex for the onslaught of riffs and musical violence yet to come.

The Stones are a life force, greater than the sum of their parts. Parts of life the force of which is greater, sumbitch. Parts o' life.

I would kill a thousand nazis just to see the Stones walk onstage as their leader, Mick Jagger, struts purposefully to the microphone. Because I know what would happen next. Next to happen is what I would know. And for that I would kill.
06-05-03 12:28 PM
littleredrooster Yeah!
They are on tour!
Heartbreaker!!!
MORE!! MORE!! MORE!!!

Have a big soft pretzel and a stein on me!!!!
06-05-03 01:01 PM
steel driving hammer Yesterdays Papers...

Opening concert in Munich
The Stones are rolling through Germany

Daughters, please hold your mothers tight! The Stones are rolling through Germany!

On Wednesday evening the most famous band in the world rocked Munich: this was the opening of their big European tour which will include 40 dates.

"Gr�ss Gott M�nchen" (Hello Munich) was the greeting of Mick Jagger, Stones' leader, to the 12,000 fans at the Olympiahalle. And he showed at the same time that he does not belong to the "old stuff", although he is 59.

In his sleeveless tee-shirt, he did not only show muscles, but also power, as he hopped and jumped all over the stage.
He was waving his arms, jumped on the stage and started screaming: It's only Rock 'n Roll, Street Fighting Man.
Still the wild man who made crowds wonder in the 60's and 70's.

The programme also included classic hits like Honky Tonk Woman, Brown Sugar and, of course, Satisfaction.

But real Stones fans also know what it costs : people have to pay up to 128.5 Euros per ticket when they want to experience the Rock dinosaurs live.
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003