ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Happy Father's Day to all the good rocking dads here!!!
Arthur and Ronnie Wood by Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A grateful nation say's "Thanks England!" Return to archive
06-09-02 12:01 PM
Riffhard There are many things The United States shows appreciation for when it comes to the UK.Not the least of which is The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World,but I,for one,want to say thank you very much for Lennox Lewis.
It's always fun watching the school bully get his ass kicked.Especially when the particular bully in question is a conficted rapist,ear biting,madman.Lennox Lewis not only beat the living shit out of Tin Mike,but effectively ended his carreer.Ofcourse,as crooked as the sport is we will probably see Tyson get his ass kicked several more times.I guess that is up to Lennox.
It was unusual to see Mr.Formerly Badass Himself act so gracious in defeat.I'm very skeptical of his behaviour myself.It seemed to me as if Mike knew that,maybe for the first time,that he could be beaten and beaten handily.His only hopes of another fat payday is if Lennox grants him a rematch.The promoters certainly would seem to want one for obvious reasons.Time will tell.I would love to see Lennox humiliate Tyson again.
So,speaking for myself,and no doubt countless Americans.Thanks England!Thanks Lennox Lewis!This one time it was nice watching the American lose!

Don "Riffhard" King

Obligatory Stones content-Ain't The Stones great?!I love em!Every time I think about September one thought goes through my head.........."Let's get ready to Rummmmmmmbbblllle!"
06-09-02 01:05 PM
nanky Yes indeedy.

I used to really like Mike Tyson -- he was in juvy detention down in the Catskills not far from where I grew up and when he first hit the big time his power and ferocity was great to see. We hadn't seen a heavyweight with the goods like that in a while.

But then he just got out of control -- once Don King picked him up his fighting was secondary and his out-of-ring criminal life was ridiculous. I kept hoping he'd get it together, but I think the man is just plain nuts.

I toyed with getting the fight last nite -- but $55 going to that guy just makes me ill. So I passed, waiting patiently for the news. It was tremendous to see him get his ass handed to him. I agree that this is the end of his career -- he may fight some more -- probably a few tomato cans -- and then he'll go to prison again for killing someone is my bet.

06-09-02 02:16 PM
Staffan I heard that a chocolate manifacturer began making chocolate-ears without earlobes after what Mike did...

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road