ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Happy Father's Day to all the good rocking dads here!!!
Arthur and Ronnie Wood by Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NO MCI SHOW Return to archive
06-07-02 10:54 AM
DCStonesFan Today's 'weekend section' of the washington post has an ad for the FedExField show. It's the same ad as we have been seeing save one major addition. the words "ONLY AREA APPEARANCE" This sucks a major one. Heavy drinkin at Madhatters tonight!
06-07-02 10:57 AM
nankerphelge I wouldn't drink heavily yet -- well, I would, but not because of that. I think we'll get a second show yet. I just don't think this guy has the info -- the on-line version barely even mentioned the Stones -- he isn't trying very hard.

Madhatter's huh!
That's a fun place!
06-07-02 11:05 AM
Stonesdoug MadHatters---that brings back memoris--I was there the night it opened and practically lived there when I live in DC---
06-07-02 11:09 AM
jb I am truly sorry nanker..I called this over 3 wks ago and was brutaly attacked...You can't have a 2nd show if 1/2 the stadium is empty..they need atleast 50k to make it respectable.
06-07-02 11:28 AM
Cardinal Ximinez I gotta agree with Joshy on this one.

I think the Stones camp feels that there's a bunch of DCers waiting to buy tickets until they see if there's a MCI show...by announcing no MCI date, they hope to sell the rest of the FedEx tix....but there's always room for some MCI dates in Dec/Jan.
06-07-02 11:31 AM
glencar Sooooooooo, I guess this rules out a DC club date too?
06-07-02 11:36 AM
DCStonesFan I'm sorry, I think you misunderstand me! This isnt from a reporter or anything. This is from the advertisement the Stones themselves placed in todays paper. if you live in the area pick up a Post and check out the weekend section for the ad.

As for the Madhatters! Nothing but fond memories. if you live in the area head out there on a Friday night! girls girls girls!!
06-07-02 11:36 AM
DCStonesFan I'm sorry, I think you misunderstand me! This isnt from a reporter or anything. This is from the advertisement the Stones themselves placed in todays paper. if you live in the area pick up a Post and check out the weekend section for the ad.

As for the Madhatters! Nothing but fond memories. if you live in the area head out there on a Friday night! girls girls girls!!
06-07-02 01:08 PM
nankerphelge Oh -- didn't realize it was sanctioned by the Stones -- that's unfortunate, but as jb said, not surprising with the poor ticket sales for FedEx.
06-07-02 01:16 PM
mattb Everyone must be spending their money on the Scream Tour II featuring Lil Bow Wow.
[Edited by mattb]
06-07-02 01:30 PM
jb Don't feel bad Nanker..sales tomorrow for the 2 arena shows here in fla. will be dismal...Celine Dion is performing for about the 20th time in this town tonight and she alwys sells out...yet today they are still advertising..this means we will not even sell out 1 stones show...I'm glad the stones are charging high prices, b/c even with poor sales in some venues, they still will be highest grossing act and we do not have to be humiliated anymore than we have already been..
06-07-02 01:53 PM
TomL Has anyone got a true account of how many tickets were sold for FedEx?
06-07-02 02:09 PM
jb My understanding is 30,000 tickets....
06-07-02 02:16 PM
TomL If that is true, that ain't shit!!!!!!!!!!!! Bust em up into two MCI shows.
06-07-02 04:06 PM
ShannonDC The ad in today's Post says

ONLY AREA APPEARANCE
STADIUM

You could read this to mean that the only area stadium appearance will be this one at Fedex Field. I've gone into Ticketmaster every few days to see what kind of tickets they have left, and yesterday I would have gotten upper deck behind the stage. There is absolutely no way they've sold only 30,000 tickets unless they've kept 15,000 near the stage for close friends. The show will be pretty full - not sold out but then neither are the other stadiums except Giants Stadium. Don't give up on another show yet - they still have 8 days in the schedule to fill after Fedex.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road