ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Happy Father's Day to all the good rocking dads here!!!
Arthur and Ronnie Wood by Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Whats Keith gonna bring? Return to archive
06-04-02 08:08 PM
Honky Tonk Man I dont think this has really been discussed here, and i dont think he has any songs which he can justify by saying they will sound better better in a certain type of venue. But anway, heres maybe how he will do it

Stadiums

Happy
Before They Make Me Run
Cant Be Seen?

Arenas

Before They Make Me Run
You Got The Silver
Maybe a slow one like "Slipping Away" or "The Worst"?

Clubs

Any of the above, plus maybe "Run Run Rudolph"? Now wouldnt that be somthing!!!

Alex
06-04-02 08:29 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I hope Mick'n'Keith drag out "Salt Of The Earth" to do as a duet. As for Keith alone... hmm... he might actually do some old school rock/blues covers, since this is the hole 40th anniversary thing. Which'd be nice. I'd love to hear him do "Connection".
06-04-02 08:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
...Any of the above, plus maybe "Run Run Rudolph"? Now wouldnt that be somthing!!!

Good selection Alex but I don't think they will play a song from a solo work, never again.

The only time they did it was on June 6, 1975 at the Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo when they played "Sure The One You Need" from Woody's debut album "I've Got My Own Album To Do". This is the only song from a solo release ever performed live by the Stones... but guess what? It's a Jagger-Richards song!!!
06-04-02 09:18 PM
Honky Tonk Man Wy does everyone think Connection was the first Stones song sung by Keith? I know he did it live with the Winos, maybe he thinks it was his first?, but his voice is alot more audiable on some of the earlier numbers. I thought his first proper singing role was on "Somthing Happend To Me Yesterday"
06-05-02 11:37 AM
Chico Connection and Something happened to me Yesterday are from the same album, Between the Buttons.
06-05-02 11:53 AM
winter I'd like to see Little T&A, since I don't think they've done that one since '81. You've got the Silver, Before they make me run and All about rotating as the 2nd Keith song would be great (each of which they have played on recent tours). I like thru and thru, as well.

Winter
06-05-02 12:11 PM
Riffhard I think he should write a new one for the NYC shows.Here's the first line...."If your going to New York City.Make sure you wear fishing lures in your hair...."

That's all I have worked out so far.I will be brainstorming on this new Keith tune for the remainder of the day and into the night.Any help would be appreciated.

Riffhard McGuire
[Edited by Riffhard]
06-05-02 12:40 PM
Flash77
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I think he should write a new one for the NYC shows.Here's the first line...."If your going to New York City.Make sure you wear fishing lures in your hair...."

That's all I have worked out so far.I will be brainstorming on this new Keith tune for the remainder of the day and into the night.Any help would be appreciated.

Riffhard McGuire
[Edited by Riffhard]

HAHAHA. Yeah what's up with the stuff he's got hanging in there?

As for the tunes, I'd like to see "Little T&A" make a return to the set list after 20 years.
06-05-02 12:58 PM
Saint Sway "Sure The One You Need" would do it for me!

also...
Connection
Thru & Thru
Little T&A
Coming Down
Happy
The Worst
Sleep Tonight

fuck.. I like em all!

06-05-02 12:59 PM
Saint Sway also... he used to cover "I Wanna Be Your Man", "I'm Goin Down" and "Somethin Else" with the Winos. I'd freak to hear any of those again
06-05-02 01:15 PM
T&A LITTLE T&A gets my vote (no surprise there, eh?). Hunch that maybe one of the new tunes will be a Keith number, too. I actually thought Don't Have to Mean It and Theif worked very well in concert last time...wouldn't be surprised if one or both made a return appearance. I'm not a Thru & Thru fan - it just doesn't work for me.
06-05-02 01:55 PM
Joey My sources inside the Stones' camp tell me that Keith will be singing " Coming Down Again " at many of the Theater dates .

If Mick Taylor joins them onstage at these " Club " gigs , look for the band to perform " It's only Rock and Roll " or " Goats Head Soup " in its entirety .

I make my witness ............

" Bite My Ass in the Pale Blue Moonlight Ronnie "

Club " Clubby " Joey

The Joey , C9.789432 7/8

06-05-02 03:14 PM
~AzQb

hey POWJoe ; )

...THIS just might be true ; )

~~
06-07-02 08:08 AM
Honky Tonker Without trying to be rude, how in the hell can anybody know what they're gonna be playing if they haven't even started rehearsing yet?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road