ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: In Praise of Drunks appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th June 2007 01:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Gawd! All this dissing of drunks lately is bringing me down. I kinda like drunks. In fact some of my best friends are drunks. Some of the world's greatest artists were drunks.

Knock 'em back....down the hatch...
"eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die"

8th June 2007 01:58 PM
pdog Drunks are awesome, and fucking up is awesome...
8th June 2007 02:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Drunks are awesome, and fucking up is awesome...

8th June 2007 02:03 PM
pdog There's also the annoying drunk on the street who wants to touch you, keeps asking for money and interupts your conversation...
If you're gonne be a fuck up, have a plan or at least a setlist!
8th June 2007 02:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
There's also the annoying drunk on the street who wants to touch you, keeps asking for money and interupts your conversation...

A man on the streets in Cleveland once asked me if I knew where Al Capone was as he recognized my White Sox Hat and figured I was from Chicago and then assumed by default that I had risen to the top of organized crime.
8th June 2007 02:06 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

A man on the streets in Cleveland once asked me if I knew where Al Capone was as he recognized my White Sox Hat and figured I was from Chicago and then assumed by default that I had risen to the top of organized crime.

Were you drunk?
8th June 2007 02:12 PM
Nellcote Speaking of same....

8th June 2007 02:14 PM
mrhipfl
Appreciate that!
8th June 2007 02:15 PM
pdog I don't know one person who isn't a drunk... Not a single god damned person!
8th June 2007 02:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I dunno. So he's a drunk, as everyone knows he was a heroin addict before that. I just wonder if the fans, when they bitch about the booze, really care about him personally or if they care more about the show and the ticket prices. Not that they shouldn't insist on a good show for the price of the tickets, but after all these years it's not like they don't know what they're dealing with.
8th June 2007 02:25 PM
Nellcote TTM from left field, with a rocket throw to pickoff the runner at home! You nailed it. People from Maine are genius!!! No wonder I vacation there 20 yrs running!
8th June 2007 02:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

Were you drunk?

Not at that point, we were on our way to the Pearl Jam Concert.....on the way back....another story.
8th June 2007 02:41 PM
Gazza Mr. England himself...

8th June 2007 02:48 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
There's also the annoying drunk on the street who wants to touch you, keeps asking for money and interupts your conversation...

its different when i'm the drunk who pays several hundred or more for a night out of music and wants to touch somebody in the band.
8th June 2007 02:51 PM
Joey " its different when i'm the drunk who pays several hundred or more for a night out of music and wants to touch somebody in the band. "

8th June 2007 02:52 PM
Martha Where's David Hasselhof's (crap I can't spell his last name) drunk vid? I loved the exploding sandwich part.

However drunks that are mean or puke on me are not on my friend list. Not anymore.
8th June 2007 02:53 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:
" its different when i'm the drunk who pays several hundred or more for a night out of music and wants to touch somebody in the band. "

i just want to be loved
8th June 2007 02:54 PM
Joey " ... i just want to be loved "

8th June 2007 02:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I dunno. So he's a drunk, as everyone knows he was a heroin addict before that. I just wonder if the fans, when they bitch about the booze, really care about him personally or if they care more about the show and the ticket prices. Not that they shouldn't insist on a good show for the price of the tickets, but after all these years it's not like they don't know what they're dealing with.

This from a person who has never seen them play live!
8th June 2007 02:56 PM
Joey " This from a person who has never seen them play live! "

8th June 2007 03:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" This from a person who has never seen them play live! "

'kins......please have an "H-Light" for me tonite at Mr Toads? We are depending on you!

Long Live the Omaha Summit. (let there be no more summits other than the Omaha Summit)
8th June 2007 03:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
This from a person who has never seen them play live!

The advantages of cyberspace.

8th June 2007 03:19 PM
pdog
quote:

The advantages of cyberspace.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

8th June 2007 09:31 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gawd! All this dissing of drunks lately is bringing me down. I kinda like drunks. In fact some of my best friends are drunks. Some of the world's greatest artists were drunks.

Amen Moteskunk. That may be the smartest thing you ever said. Keep in mind you are posting on a board where Jerry Falwell gets a 3 page RIP/farewell thread, and the constant drunk bashing begins to make sense.
8th June 2007 09:40 PM
Bloozehound My only goal this weekend is to find the best recipe for Mango Mojitos ...

... and I will try them all till I find it

9th June 2007 06:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
9th June 2007 11:55 AM
MrPleasant Drinking is fine. But if you do it everyday, you kind of get these really cool nightmares after a while.

My last nightmare was about this film which was totally violent. It was violent in the most horrid way, against innocent people. I was supposed to watch it with my mother, in the dream, but she felt alseep; later on, she awoke and she said to me "what a horrible movie, what kind of rating does it have". The movie was supposed to be watched by people "over 35 years old".

Now, I'm 31, so, I thought that it was OK to watch the film. Since it was fictional.

The dream ended with me reading a review about the film; about how useless was to make a film that would be too violent, because really violent people weren't too sensational about their violence; they commited brutal acts because it was natural for them - like cooking breakfast or going to the bathroom. How smart is that?

Of course, I woke up and now I'm dumb again.
9th June 2007 12:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I tried to find a YouTube clip of Grace Slick's drunken meltdown in Germany but couldn't. Does it exist?
9th June 2007 12:16 PM
Bloozehound T minus 5 hours til Mango Mojito Madness ensues
9th June 2007 12:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Even statesmen have a few once in awhile.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)