ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sound familiar???? Return to archive
7th June 2007 07:35 PM
Nellcote So Keith's night was a mirror ball thousands of miles away.......

Bon Jovi was supposed to jump start the return of Unplugged to MTV, but their taping of the show on Tuesday was a complete and utter disaster, multiple sources confirm exclusively to PerezHilton.com.

Bon Jovi recorded their Unplugged - which will air cross-platform on MTV, VH1 and CMT - in Brooklyn on Tuesday night for about 400 fans or so and Richie Sambora was blitzed the whole time.

"They had a whole bunch of musicians on stage for most of the night to cover his mistakes on the guitar and would turn his mic off so he couldn't be off key," a spywitness tells us.

Seems Denise Richards' ex-boyfriend was partying too hard before the show!

Towards the end of the show, Jon Bon Jovi and Richie were on stage alone and Jon goes on to tell the story about how they started acoustically at the MTV VMAs once and.... "This is how Unplugged started...."

A shocked source reveals, "As Wanted Dead or Alive started, Richie couldn't play along! During the song Jon stops and makes Richie start again and after the second take was finished the show was supposed to be over but Jon had the whole band come on stage to re-record the song a third time so Richie couldn't mess it up! Jon was clearly upset, but kept it together and handled it like a true pro!"

The folks at MTV will have fun editing this one!

Posted by Perez on June 7, 2007 12:52 AM | Permalink

Richie Sambora Enters Treatment Facility
THURSDAY JUNE 07, 2007 05:15 PM EDT

THURSDAY JUNE 07, 2007 07:10 PM EDT UPDATED

Richie Sambora

Photo by: Jae C. Hong / AP

Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora entered an undisclosed treatment facility on Wednesday, a rep for the band tells PEOPLE exclusively.

"Richie Sambora has entered an undisclosed treatment facility in Los Angeles," the rep said in a statement. "He asks that you respect he and his family's privacy at this time."

The specific nature of Sambora's problem was not disclosed.

It has been a difficult year for Sambora, 47. He and actress Denise Richards broke up several months ago after dating for about a year. In April, his divorce from Heather Locklear was finalized. And that same month, his father died of lung cancer. (Richards accompanied Sambora to the funeral as a show of support, though they had ended their relationship by that point.)

"Richie has had a terrible year," a close friend of the musician tells PEOPLE. "I think this was a culmination of all these things and finally he realized he needed to take care of himself. He'd put off everything for so long taking care of everyone else it was just time to stop and deal with his issues."

It is not clear how Sambora's treatment will affect his role in Bon Jovi. The band's new album, Lost Highway, is due out June 19.

The group is scheduled to play some tour dates this summer, beginning June 24 in London, but it is a relatively light schedule. A much larger tour is being planned for 2008.

The band is also set to appear on an upcoming episode of MTV's Unplugged, which was taped in New York on Tuesday. MTV was inspired to created the Unplugged series in part by Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi playing acoustic at the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards.

[Edited by Nellcote]
7th June 2007 07:37 PM
pdog Since I dislike Bon Jovi music, this doesn't help me reconcile Keith's problem.
7th June 2007 07:49 PM
Riffhard This is just another case of a lesser guitarist trying to ape Keith Richards! The difference here being that at least Sambora has the common sense to try and get his shit together. Something that Keith will most likely reject just to keep his image intact. Afterall playing on stage when sober just ain't rock and roll. Or so we're led to believe.

Riffy
7th June 2007 08:00 PM
fireontheplatter keith, i think, is not about to change his ways at this point in time..deal with it people. he is hard core and crunchy as anything.
sit back and think about if for a few....look what the stones have accomplished. i have been a fan forever of this band, but i ain't gonna start comparing these video clips from 2 night ago to, say the hampton dvd's. it is where they are today and so be it.
they are getting old and tired...so what.
if you want to be shoe shined, go see ricky martain.

8th June 2007 06:42 AM
corgi37 I cannot believe how many weak assed Americans there are. Fucking rehab.
8th June 2007 08:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
keith, i think, is not about to change his ways at this point in time..deal with it people. he is hard core and crunchy as anything.
sit back and think about if for a few....look what the stones have accomplished. i have been a fan forever of this band, but i ain't gonna start comparing these video clips from 2 night ago to, say the hampton dvd's. it is where they are today and so be it.
they are getting old and tired...so what.
if you want to be shoe shined, go see ricky martain.

Easy thing to say when you dont have expensive tickets for upcoming shows, isnt it?
8th June 2007 08:37 AM
PartyDoll MEG Nelly..you read Perez?

I'm impressed!!!
8th June 2007 08:43 AM
Nellcote Your humble correspondent attempts to keep up on all matters. I have my peeps whom I'm responsible to...
A thesaurus of useless info, great at Trivial Pursuit.

Paris hearing @ 9A PST this am, fyi...We need her to go back in, so the drama will continue..
8th June 2007 08:44 AM
charlotte hopefully to gazza and everyone else who has come close in mortgaging their homes that today's show brings about a much different outcome...if not then we all know (whether we want to or not) it's a going to be a catastrophic train wreck...

concerning Ritchie, he fucked up when Heather L left
8th June 2007 09:08 AM
voodoopug
quote:
charlotte wrote:
hopefully to gazza and everyone else who has come close in mortgaging their homes that today's show brings about a much different outcome...if not then we all know (whether we want to or not) it's a going to be a catastrophic train wreck...

concerning Ritchie, he fucked up when Heather L left

I still stand by my recommendation that no one from the US/Canada/Mexico/Costa Rica/South America/India travel to the Euro shows, it is just too much to bear!
8th June 2007 09:45 AM
Lord Homosex I try not to wish ill things on anyone, but I loathe Bon Jovi and everyone in that group so much, that it makes it hard to feel much empathy for the current state of afairs in Bon's world.
8th June 2007 09:51 AM
speedfreakjive look, alcohol makes him play shite but he's made it as per twickenham 03', so forget it, he's not an alcoholic, not that that would necessarily humiliate him
8th June 2007 10:01 AM
egon http://prettyboring.com/?q=node/3805
8th June 2007 10:38 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I still stand by my recommendation that no one from the US/Canada/Mexico/Costa Rica/South America/India travel to the Euro shows, it is just too much to bear!

I still stand by my recommendation that you stick to posting at Shidoobee, stroke boy.
8th June 2007 11:06 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I still stand by my recommendation that you stick to posting at Shidoobee, stroke boy.

Please repost the picture of your methed out ass strewn across the cheap pool table in your parents basement....and that's Mr. Stroke to you!
8th June 2007 11:13 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Please repost the picture of your methed out ass strewn across the cheap pool table in your parents basement....and that's Mr. Stroke to you!

how about I repost this pic of my favorite culture media supplies salesman hard at work instead.....

or are you gonna go cry to the administrators again???

ba - wha

[Edited by Saint Sway]
8th June 2007 11:20 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

how about I repost this pic of my favorite culture media supplies salesman hard at work instead

I'd prefer a pic of you working.

8th June 2007 11:24 AM
Saint Sway Pug onstage?

8th June 2007 11:26 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Pug onstage?

thats not bad
9th June 2007 01:26 PM
MrPleasant "Treatment"?

Do you know who needs treatment or rehab?

Well I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)