ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews - Part 2 of 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th June 2007 12:31 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
OK i apologize if this was posted before, but i had to laugh...Keith took Ron's solo!!! LOL

that's awesome!
sounded like a decent solo, too. Ronnie's solo during that song is sort of lame anyways.
[Edited by mrhipfl]
8th June 2007 02:08 AM
gypsy Another pic from Benoit Doppagne:

8th June 2007 02:38 AM
Poplar
bravo, sir.
8th June 2007 05:11 AM
speedfreakjive i cant believe people are still going on about this, get over yourselves
8th June 2007 06:19 AM
corgi37 If Keith plays a bad show, who tells him off?
8th June 2007 06:26 AM
FotiniD Great pic Gypsy, thanks a lot!

At least we can all agree that they look great
8th June 2007 08:55 AM
Honky Tonker Will Keith make a comeback tonight? Hope so!
8th June 2007 08:59 AM
Angiegirl He'd better. I'm going to be there after all in a few hours...
8th June 2007 09:05 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
He'd better. I'm going to be there after all in a few hours...

Wow Angie, I thought you weren't going!! Have fun! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Keith proves all previous nagging useless Have a GREAT time!
8th June 2007 09:07 AM
charlotte good luck angie...if keith had any idea you are going to be there, he would be getting a full blown blood transfusion or least he better be
8th June 2007 09:19 AM
GotToRollMe Angiegirl, glad you're going after all!
8th June 2007 09:30 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I knew you couldn't stay away!!!!
Have a good time.
Look forward to your review..
8th June 2007 09:57 AM
Martha
quote:
pdog wrote:

I can't beleive I posted that... Thank you for laughing... I was ready to take some shots...

I'm guilty of b-stage Satisfaction posting there...

You are hilarious pdog. I thought it was a puuuurrfect thing to throw in the mix.

hugs and recreational drugs,
Martha
8th June 2007 10:01 AM
Martha Godspeed Angie! I hope the show is fantastic tonight!

Anything can happen.

xxoo,
Martha
8th June 2007 10:07 AM
FotiniD
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

I knew you couldn't stay away!!!!
Have a good time.
Look forward to your review..

That's right Meg!!

HOWE could she stay away? I mean, the boys are in town! I can't think of many things that can keep one away from that, actually.
8th June 2007 10:31 AM
jaggergurl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Another pic from Benoit Doppagne:

thanks gypsy! you are absolutely correct Fotini, they DO look GREAT !!
8th June 2007 11:06 AM
Lethargy Totally agree. I would have thought they'd be at that point already, being 50, 63, 63, 67 years old (I think that's their ages). Sadly, I think (pure speculation of course) that Mick in particular - maybe others too - won't play anything unless its for big $$$$.

quote:
tobis wrote:
Last year Keith only seemed to be able to play indoors with the heat on. Look at his fingers, I surprised he can even hold a JD bottle anymore. Don't know why the 'organizers' keeps putting him out in the cold.

About fifteen years ago I saw Buddy Guy in a pub for $5 - the 'tour' was hardly advertised. It rocked, 50 - 100 locals drinking and sweating pretty much on and off the 12 inch high stage. Buddy loved it we loved it. Everyone shook Buddy's and the bands hands afterwords and he stayed in the bar for a drink. A few yeas later someone "rediscovered" him and decided he should put out music for the masses and tour the smaller arenas. I made the mistake of forking out about $80 for two.... It sucked, he wasn't into it, we had to sit in seats. His hair looked fuller and he didn't seem to sweat anymore.

So what I am trying to say? Do the Stones really want more $ ? Do they need to try to look and act 25? If they were doing it for the love of playing they'd all look like normal 60ish people with thinning gray hair. For the few of us fans that would pay $10 - $20 to see them in a local bar together or on their own we'd all have a great time. It's time to no longer fake up the hair and jump around on the big stage.

I'm a huge stones fan, was so since I was about 10, saw them a number of times on 7 tours, got all their albums and bootlegs. But I was always hoping to see them local and not advertised to death. Saw Mick Taylor Solo and with Ian Hunter those rocked too.

So now I'm too old to have the stones posters on my walls (my 12 Year old son does that now). All I have left on the wall is a black and white picture my brother took of Ron Wood when he played solo in about 91. I just wish they would give it up and play what they want, where they want, when they want. Maybe they are too suckered into contracts and such to do that though.

Who knows.

Sorry to be a bummer. Those boys have a lot of talent and I think a lot of potential left. But carrying on with the same old show that we've all seen is getting tiring. Time for something different and can the hype.

That's my rant. Now enjoy the shows!

8th June 2007 11:07 AM
Lethargy Sway, it'll look great on your wall next to your Lucky In Love poster.

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

email sent! But I insist on compensating you $$$

this is an amazing shot!!

8th June 2007 11:45 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Sway, it'll look great on your wall next to your Lucky In Love poster.

I still owe you huge for waiting on line for minutes at Spencer Gifts to have Matt Clifford autograph it
8th June 2007 12:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

The positive reports from Werchter obviously swung it!
8th June 2007 12:21 PM
coowouters Hi Michael,
Sent you a mail (I love webmail and remote PC, 'cause I'm in Canada at the moment and the pic is on my HD at home in Belgium),did you get it?
If not, you can download the picture in the original format here:

http://users.telenet.be/The.Rolling.Stones.Belgium/100_0276.jpg

Off course, all who want it can download it.
(it's just a picture taken with a 6.1 Mpixel camera)
Oh, BTW, I LOVED THE CONCERT!!!!!!!

Chris from Belgium

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I still owe you huge for waiting on line for minutes at Spencer Gifts to have Matt Clifford autograph it

[Edited by coowouters]
8th June 2007 12:27 PM
LadyJane Angie is going after all!!!
What a good ROCC member she is.
Besides, Bernard will be looking for her!!

Have fun and report back to us.

LJ.
8th June 2007 12:50 PM
Saint Sway coowouters,

I got your email and the pic! THANK YOU!!!

I printed it out at work and it looks great. I'm going to have it professionally printed this weekend on high quality print stock

best shot of the tour!
8th June 2007 03:12 PM
coowouters
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

best shot of the tour!

First one

Chris from Belgium
9th June 2007 12:01 PM
sssoul >> but i had to laugh...Keith took Ron's solo!!! LOL <<

LoFL! Ronnie & the Mick exchanging looks at the very end -
sweet! it does sound pretty good, though (sorry Ronnie!)
is there another clip with the whole number, maybe?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)