ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews - Part 2 of 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th June 2007 02:35 PM
Gazza 500 posts on this thread in under 48 hours. Must be the most short term activity on any show ever....

Part II starts here
7th June 2007 02:39 PM
pdog Daryll was on fire!
7th June 2007 02:45 PM
Joey

BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!

...this thing is bigger than ALL of us baby !

'kins , Est. 1999
7th June 2007 03:22 PM
tumblingdice01 The Van Morrison warmup show on Dime is great quality. That means there are some great Stones tapes available. Sure would like to be able to judge for myself if they were as bad as everyone seems to think they were.
7th June 2007 03:28 PM
pdog Chuck was on fire!
7th June 2007 03:29 PM
pdog
quote:
tumblingdice01 wrote:
The Van Morrison warmup show on Dime is great quality. That means there are some great Stones tapes available. Sure would like to be able to judge for myself if they were as bad as everyone seems to think they were.

Maybe Mick wanted to edit them before putting them out there...
7th June 2007 03:32 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Brilliance every night? No. People have off-nights. They're human. Thats acceptable enough, as are diminished skills due to age or ill-health. Besides, as we can see from reviews, what some people dismiss as terrible, other people are happy enough with.

Being in a fit and sober condition to perform in front of thousands of people who have paid good money to see you should be a basic minimum requirement, however. Obviously, we're not in a position to judge if Keith was ill or if he was just plastered, but if its the latter, no one should be making excuses for it.
[Edited by Gazza]

If the average person went to work drunk as a skunk they'd be sent home, asked to go into treatment or fired. Keef doesn't have to bear those consequences.....the fans are bearing it.

I am sad that Keith can't stop drinking for his own sake, even if he never played another riff. Alcoholism is a mutherfucker of a disease. I wish he'd seek treatment, but at this stage of life don't think he ever will.

I love Keith and send him blessings and prayers of peace.

And I put Ya Ya's on to sooth my spirits. Still can't watch the videos.

peace, health, love, and RNR to all,

Martha

7th June 2007 03:33 PM
Saint Sway looked like a fun set list.

the opening night is always the most fun because you dont know whats coming up (hopefully they dont go into automatic repeat mode after this). Maybe not the best musically, but always the most fun because of the anticipation/surprise factor

The set list highlights: 20 songs. 10 of which either werent played on the tour or were played infrequently. Including 1 first time played. That makes for a good mix. Plus, they got SMU out of the way early, didnt play MU and it looks like Night Time is retired! And only one song from that sucky record they put out in 05!

Final confirmed setlist

1. Start Me Up
2. Shattered
3. Rough Justice
4. Rocks Off
5. Heartbreaker
6. Some Girls
7. Waiting On A Friend
8. Can't you Hear Me Knockin'?
9. Tumbling Dice
10. I'll Go Crazy

intros
11. Wanna Hold You
12. Slipping Away

13. It's Only Rock 'n Roll (to b-stage)
14. It's All Over Now
15. Satisfaction
16. Honky tonk Women (back to main stage)

17. Paint It Black
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar

Encore :
20. Sympathy For The Devil
7th June 2007 03:35 PM
pdog Keith is nothing more than a prop... I'll hold out hope for what I consider a comeback, a real rock and roll record to make up for ABB and a solid run of shows with Keith playing, not this hit or miss shit... Until then....
You can't have my money, man! you don't owe me, if I don't pay...
7th June 2007 03:37 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
looked like a fun set list.

the opening night is always the most fun because you dont know whats coming up (hopefully they dont go into automatic repeat mode after this). Maybe not the best musically, but always the most fun because of the anticipation/surprise factor

The set list highlights: 20 songs. 10 of which either werent played on the tour or were played infrequently. Including 1 first time played. That makes for a good mix. Plus, they got SMU out of the way early, didnt play MU and it looks like Night Time is retired! And only one song from that sucky record they put out in 05!

Final confirmed setlist

1. Start Me Up
2. Shattered
3. Rough Justice
4. Rocks Off
5. Heartbreaker
6. Some Girls
7. Waiting On A Friend
8. Can't you Hear Me Knockin'?
9. Tumbling Dice
10. I'll Go Crazy

intros
11. Wanna Hold You
12. Slipping Away

13. It's Only Rock 'n Roll (to b-stage)
14. It's All Over Now
15. Satisfaction
16. Honky tonk Women (back to main stage)

17. Paint It Black
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar

Encore :
20. Sympathy For The Devil

This may be the most anticiapted bootleg recording ever, by this community... If you thought the wait for ABB was intense, have no fear, a bootleg will now be the deciding factor of suckiness!
7th June 2007 03:40 PM
Saint Sway I dont listen to any Stones boots post '82*

*EDIT: with the exception of the Stripped Companion - those were stellar shows

[Edited by Saint Sway]
7th June 2007 03:43 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I dont listen to any Stones boots post '82*

[Edited by Saint Sway]

I always saw you as more of a risk taker...
7th June 2007 03:45 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
Daryll was on fire!

LOL...
Oh gawd, there's a Part 2?
Bring on da boot, bring on da boot...
7th June 2007 03:47 PM
pdog Brian Jones was fired!
7th June 2007 03:50 PM
throbby I thought he wanted to pursue other directions?
7th June 2007 03:52 PM
pdog
quote:
throbby wrote:
I thought he wanted to pursue other directions?

A swimming career...

7th June 2007 03:59 PM
Saint Sway Andy Snitzer is still sorely missed

I'm talking about a serious void that may never be filled

last nights show was proof

Tim Reis is just too inconsistent
Martha
quote:
pdog wrote:

A swimming career...

I don't think he mastered "the butterfly".

LOL
coowouters
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this is one of the absolute coolest pics of all-time of Woody & Keith

they look like such bad-asses. A classic shot!!

is this for sale? I want to buy and frame it

does anyone have any info if this pic is available for sale? Its such a killer shot! I simply must have it!

TIA

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Mail me on [email protected] and I'll send you the high resolution pic.
Wouln't even dream of asking $ for it!!!!

Edit: I had a GREAT time!!!!! Except for the trip back home

Chris from Belgium

[Edited by coowouters]
7th June 2007 04:01 PM
pdog
quote:
Martha wrote:

I don't think he mastered "the butterfly".

LOL

I can't beleive I posted that... Thank you for laughing... I was ready to take some shots...

I'm guilty of b-stage Satisfaction posting there...
7th June 2007 04:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
coowouters wrote:

Mail me on [email protected] and I'll send you the high resolution pic.
Wouln't even dream of asking $ for it!!!!

Edit: I had a GREAT time!!!!! Except for the trip back home

Chris from Belgium

[Edited by coowouters]

email sent! But I insist on compensating you $$$

this is an amazing shot!!

7th June 2007 04:36 PM
throbby Indeed it is!
7th June 2007 04:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot One of the best fan shots I've ever seen.
7th June 2007 04:54 PM
pdog I'm going to try to get a poster of that.... i was messing with it on photobuckets buy prints, but it made a poster of ever pic in my acct...
7th June 2007 05:07 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
tumblingdice01 wrote:
The Van Morrison warmup show on Dime is great quality. That means there are some great Stones tapes available. Sure would like to be able to judge for myself if they were as bad as everyone seems to think they were.

The taper said he didnt bother/couldnt get The Stones...so its no slam dunk the boots that surface will be as good....
7th June 2007 06:38 PM
Gazza Harm, the guy who uploaded it, is a big Stones fan but has no interest in Morrison.

The taper from whom he acquired the recording however, is exactly the opposite.
7th June 2007 09:05 PM
erbissell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I dont listen to any Stones boots post '82*

[Edited by Saint Sway]

I have listened to a few good ones. Basel Switzerland 1995, MSG 1998, San Francisco, 2005. in my opinion, theyre all good, and if you can get past the quality, every concert rocks! way better than listening to some 50cent crap.
7th June 2007 09:55 PM
pdog
quote:
erbissell wrote:

I have listened to a few good ones. Basel Switzerland 1995, MSG 1998, San Francisco, 2005. in my opinion, theyre all good, and if you can get past the quality, every concert rocks! way better than listening to some 50cent crap.

This all makes sense, cept, the 50cent comment kinda came from nowhere...
8th June 2007 12:17 AM
Throwaway OK i apologize if this was posted before, but i had to laugh...Keith took Ron's solo!!! LOL

8th June 2007 12:25 AM
tobis Last year Keith only seemed to be able to play indoors with the heat on. Look at his fingers, I surprised he can even hold a JD bottle anymore. Don't know why the 'organizers' keeps putting him out in the cold.

About fifteen years ago I saw Buddy Guy in a pub for $5 - the 'tour' was hardly advertised. It rocked, 50 - 100 locals drinking and sweating pretty much on and off the 12 inch high stage. Buddy loved it we loved it. Everyone shook Buddy's and the bands hands afterwords and he stayed in the bar for a drink. A few yeas later someone "rediscovered" him and decided he should put out music for the masses and tour the smaller arenas. I made the mistake of forking out about $80 for two.... It sucked, he wasn't into it, we had to sit in seats. His hair looked fuller and he didn't seem to sweat anymore.

So what I am trying to say? Do the Stones really want more $ ? Do they need to try to look and act 25? If they were doing it for the love of playing they'd all look like normal 60ish people with thinning gray hair. For the few of us fans that would pay $10 - $20 to see them in a local bar together or on their own we'd all have a great time. It's time to no longer fake up the hair and jump around on the big stage.

I'm a huge stones fan, was so since I was about 10, saw them a number of times on 7 tours, got all their albums and bootlegs. But I was always hoping to see them local and not advertised to death. Saw Mick Taylor Solo and with Ian Hunter those rocked too.

So now I'm too old to have the stones posters on my walls (my 12 Year old son does that now). All I have left on the wall is a black and white picture my brother took of Ron Wood when he played solo in about 91. I just wish they would give it up and play what they want, where they want, when they want. Maybe they are too suckered into contracts and such to do that though.

Who knows.

Sorry to be a bummer. Those boys have a lot of talent and I think a lot of potential left. But carrying on with the same old show that we've all seen is getting tiring. Time for something different and can the hype.

That's my rant. Now enjoy the shows!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)