ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Complete "Paint It Black" from Werchter Return to archive
7th June 2007 02:31 PM
Mel Belli If this is what people are referring to as "complete f*ck ups," then, sorry, you guys are all wet. Keith fools with his volume knob a bit much, and executes the glissando lick imperfectly, but if anything, it's Mick who comes in too late.

7th June 2007 02:35 PM
luxury1 yeah, that's what I said.

BUt Satisfaction is another matter!! Good lord, I think Keith was totally zoned out at the end of that number, and not in a good way, but in a bewildered, "where the fuck am I?" way...
7th June 2007 02:36 PM
Nellcote Certainly, Mel, it must be the you tube slow loading.
Mick, make a mistake? I thought this was reserved for others?
7th June 2007 02:44 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
yeah, that's what I said.

BUt Satisfaction is another matter!! Good lord, I think Keith was totally zoned out at the end of that number, and not in a good way, but in a bewildered, "where the fuck am I?" way...

I watched the "Satisfaction" clip, and it appears Mick and Ronnie were looking for Keith to solo instead of playing the riff over and over again. Other than acting completely listless -- and Charlie missing Keith's cue to end the song -- that was no train wreck, either.

As for "Shattered," that's a different story. Maybe it was a bad monitor mix, but Keith completely missed the bridge and continued to play the main riff -- and then launched into the bridge after everyone else came out of it! That was piss-poor. Saw a similar thing happen on the B-stage (where volume problems are typical) in D.C. in October '05.
7th June 2007 02:51 PM
pdog
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I watched the "Satisfaction" clip, and it appears Mick and Ronnie were looking for Keith to solo instead of playing the riff over and over again. Other than acting completely listless -- and Charlie missing Keith's cue to end the song -- that was no train wreck, either.

As for "Shattered," that's a different story. Maybe it was a bad monitor mix, but Keith completely missed the bridge and continued to play the main riff -- and then launched into the bridge after everyone else came out of it! That was piss-poor. Saw a similar thing happen on the B-stage (where volume problems are typical) in D.C. in October '05.

He wasn't even nailing the riff... And it's not equipment problems... Keith was a deer in the headlights, period... Those who wish to pay to see that, and make excuses, I wish them a good time. I'm not down with that, and knowing Keith could care less, is the real sad part for me. On the b-stage there's 6 people, one in my eyes has no integrity for the music. I say that as a bonafide Keith-geek....
7th June 2007 02:56 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:

He wasn't even nailing the riff... And it's not equipment problems... Keith was a deer in the headlights, period... Those who wish to pay to see that, and make excuses, I wish them a good time. I'm not down with that, and knowing Keith could care less, is the real sad part for me. On the b-stage there's 6 people, one in my eyes has no integrity for the music. I say that as a bonafide Keith-geek....

I'm the last one to make excuses for him, believe me. I passed up A.C. in '06 because I had seen -- and paid -- enough. (I guess I missed one of the better shows of the tour, but in any case...)

I just don't hear much in those clips that's radically worse than anything I've heard since '99. Keith missed the "Brown Sugar" every other night of the Licks tour...
7th June 2007 03:06 PM
pdog
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I just don't hear much in those clips that's radically worse than anything I've heard since '99. Keith missed the "Brown Sugar" every other night of the Licks tour...

I agree, except I think it is getting worse... I missed AC too, or should I say AC missed me.... Oakland was a really good show, depsite Keith maing mistakes or just doing nothing... I pay to see Keith play...
Decline is the word I'm using, and The point of acceptable and unnacceptable has been reached for me, for others it hasn't... Keith blowing Brown Sugar repeatedly, is soething I used to accept... But his meandering now, and ust playing this half complete Berry-esque licks here and there, actualy make me feel sad and even emberassed for him. Watching him do that shit during SFTD, the greatest Keith guitar solo ever, fucking kills me. I've seen it mediocre at best, and this tour I saw it horrible on two nights. This was the best guitar techs, best sound systems and 5 million dollar guarentee. That is not acceptable for me. The legacy is dying horse, and they are beating it to death, and then beating the dead horse and serving us dead horse meat...
7th June 2007 05:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, Mel...I remember that DC show in 2005.

But you know...it doesn't matter who fucks up. They used to fuck up all the time. The problem now is...they don't know how to catch themselves before it becomes noticable. When they fucked up before, they'd pull it back together and make it sound like that's how they meant to play it. Those mistakes used to turn into exhilarating Rock n Roll moments.

Now, it's like they don't even try to catch themselves. It's like a fender bender on the busy highway and all the cars behind them just keep crashing and piling into it without hitting the brakes or trying to steer clear.

And all of this fresh out of rehearsals! WTF were they doing with that time?

Don't answer that. I probably don't want to know.
7th June 2007 08:16 PM
fireontheplatter great video mel...thanks 4 posting that.
7th June 2007 08:57 PM
LadyJane Thumbs up on PIB.

You guys might want to check out "It's All Over Now" on rs.con. A little rusty on it's first time out but I'm glad they dusted this one off.

I'm slowly regaining confidence.

LJ.
7th June 2007 08:59 PM
Nellcote LJ, never give up on the fight!
These people made ragged rock a lifestyle!
7th June 2007 11:05 PM
Steel Wheels Paint It Black, even in this shitty cell phone quality footage, sounds god damned good to me, even with Keith's bum notes on the intro.

What bothers me the most is hearing Lisa wailing over top of it at around 35 seconds left.
7th June 2007 11:25 PM
Steel Wheels The great Lady Jane just tipped us all off to a great video of the band doing, "It's All Over Now", featuring hot licks and moments of brilliance.

Case in point: the SPOT FUCKING ON KEITH RICHARDS GUITAR SOLO.

Keith nailed it 100%.

7th June 2007 11:48 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
The great Lady Jane just tipped us all off to a great video of the band doing, "It's All Over Now", featuring hot licks and moments of brilliance.

Keith nailed it 100%.

no he didn't. And it was about 5 different notes. The song sounds good though. I hope they keep it in the set.
8th June 2007 12:00 AM
pdog
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
The great Lady Jane just tipped us all off to a great video of the band doing, "It's All Over Now", featuring hot licks and moments of brilliance.

Keith nailed it 100%.

That's also as good as it got that night... Band was very good throughout , Keith was okay on that song, just okay... I'm sure RS.commie wants us to see Shattered or Satisfaction... Definitely looking forward to seeing I Wanna Hold You...
8th June 2007 01:18 AM
Sir Stonesalot I love Paint It Black. Not only is it one of my fave Stones songs...it's one of my fave songs, period.

I thought the flubbed intro sapped any zip that this version was gonna generate. It never seemed to get on the rails and motor. The steam Charlie tried to generate seemed to fizzle instead of building to an explosion toward the end. And didn't it seem like Mick was always just a little late coming in, and ended up rushing a lot of the lines. They never really got it all synched up.

And that is unusual. This is usually one of the high points of the show, when they play PIB. I thought this one was off from the beginning and never really recovered all the way.

8th June 2007 06:35 AM
corgi37 It was the 1st show for Chrissakes.
8th June 2007 07:37 AM
Maxlugar Do some of you wear white lab coats, safety goggles and rubber gloves to a Stones show? A little clipboard action, perhaps?

Rock and Roll!

SCIENCE!
8th June 2007 09:08 AM
CraigP Rocksoff message board... We are such Stones fan elitists that we can judge every human mistake that they make.

Every extremely talented bands make mistakes. I know the sad feeling of seeing them deteriorate, trust me. What do you expect, tho? They are in their 60's! Keith has arthreitis!!!(sp?)
In the future, before Keith "croaks" on stage, do you think he'll be playing any better?

Don't bitch about ticket prices so much. Yes, the good seats are way overpriced but I paid $60 for them at Gillette Stadium. Good seats, mind you. Fenway Park ticket $80... If you have $300 front row tickets or what not, you are the one that bought it.

It is sad for me to see them deteriorate into elder status but, perhaps, that is MY greed.

We shall never forget all of the shows we've seen, and most importantly, the shows of this past tour that were hot! (ex. Rio, Austin, Fenway(s))...

To me, they are NOT tarnishing or making a parody of their place as rock gods, they are validating it more and more with every gig.

8th June 2007 09:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

You, like so few of us, are willing to see things as reality and not exercise selective viewing/hearing. You shall be gladly invited in while I shake hands and work the room!!
8th June 2007 09:55 AM
Lord Homosex Even the pro-Keith comments sound something like this: "The song still sounded great, in spite of keith's five bum notes."
As if a grea Stones perfromance nowadays is judged by the acceptable number of bumnotes from Keith. I was not at the show an when I read these posts I notice that almost every song in the set has been mentioned in refernce to Keith and bumnotes; in other words he fucked up just about every song.
That is not a good performance! That is terrible. What gets me is all this guitar changing. The best guitars in the world with every tuning and stringing possible. Yet every song is this ploinky, half assed Berry riff in ws=rong key. I am pissed off at Keith.

I do however think that tonight he is going to come out and be on. He usually does that. But the off nights are adding up. When ever someone else in the band messes up, Keith has always been very oud and outspoken about them. Putting them down in press, on stage. Isn't there anyone who will stand up to Keith and tell him? Jagger is the only one with enough 'power' in the Stones. Maybe he doesn't care enough.
8th June 2007 09:58 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Do some of you wear white lab coats, safety goggles and rubber gloves to a Stones show? A little clipboard action, perhaps?

Rock and Roll!

SCIENCE!

One of my principals will be importing tye dye lab coats in the near future! Another principal of mine manufactures goggle sterilization cabinets.....I can source these products for you Maxy!!!!!!
8th June 2007 10:19 AM
throbby Maxlugar wrote:
Do some of you wear white lab coats, safety goggles and rubber gloves to a Stones show? A little clipboard action, perhaps?

Rock and Roll!

SCIENCE!

Amen brother!

Alas, having to deal with all these armchair rock critics can be quite fucking tiring. Will one of you experts please strap on your guitar and show Kieth how it should be done. Let's go, the world needs more great rock bands, either get up on stage and start turning us on or please shut the fuck up already.
8th June 2007 10:34 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
CraigP wrote:
If you have $300 front row tickets....

Actually, I spent about that much on two FRONT row tickets at the Louisville show.

The face value were $90 each, so I paid a little more on eBay.

I think the first four to five rows are usually around $90, but I think they are lower because of the fanclub fees. But, from what I have read, it's not always the case that fanclub members get those tickets, so I could be wrong. I know that for a fact, so I threw back my selections because they sucked hard, so I got my $100 back from RS.CUM
[Edited by _Boomy_]
[Edited by _Boomy_]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)