ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Mention in 2nd Last Sopranos Return to archive
4th June 2007 08:51 AM
gimmekeef The show is now thundering its way to the final episode next week.(wont spoil it with details).Last night Tony's yelling at his sister Janice and throws in.."yea next thing its Exile on Main St"....No Stones music but I'm betting on Gimmeshelter as the very last fade out song nextweek.....
4th June 2007 10:00 AM
Chuck I think Tony's Exile reference had to do with his feeling betrayed by Bobby (after Janice stated that Bobby felt sorry for Junior.) There are themes of alienation and betrayal buried in the lyrics of that record.

Did you catch 'When the Music's Over' playing in one of the scenes at the Bing?

4th June 2007 10:05 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Chuck wrote:
I think Tony's Exile reference had to do with his feeling betrayed by Bobby (after Janice stated that Bobby felt sorry for Junior.) There are themes of alienation and betrayal buried in the lyrics of that record.

I never miss the Bing scenes Chuck!...lmao...They really are tying up the loose ends of alienation/sociopath etc that is Tony rather well.....
4th June 2007 10:10 AM
Chuck
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

I never miss the Bing scenes Chuck!...lmao...They really are tying up the loose ends of alienation/sociopath etc that is Tony rather well.....

Is it just me, or are the Bing dancers getting skankier with every episode?
4th June 2007 12:21 PM
gimmekeef More realistic I think Chuck....Bing's hardly an A Lister..
5th June 2007 08:16 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Chuck wrote:
I think Tony's Exile reference had to do with his feeling betrayed by Bobby (after Janice stated that Bobby felt sorry for Junior.) There are themes of alienation and betrayal buried in the lyrics of that record.

damn right, check the ending of Let It Loose for one
5th June 2007 10:57 AM
MrPleasant The Sopranos is the kind of show that needs to have a big orgy as a finale. That's why the final chapter of Seinfeld sucked so bad: there was no sex involved! That would be the only way to "go" for those latent homosexual gangsters.
5th June 2007 11:04 AM
pdog Who will be left alive!
5th June 2007 04:21 PM
gimmekeef My bet.....Tonys sister does him in.She's lost a lover and husband and is a wack job herself...Plus they zoom in on her Stones lip tatoo at very end as Gimmeshelter starts to play...ya heard it here first...lol
5th June 2007 06:02 PM
sirmoonie Negroes have proven to be twice the gangsters Italians ever hoped to be, and yet you won't see the damn liberal elite Hollywood making any fucking Black Panther drama series!
5th June 2007 06:53 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Negroes have proven to be twice the gangsters Italians ever hoped to be, and yet you won't see the damn liberal elite Hollywood making any fucking Black Panther drama series!

Alas Sir Moonie and our beloved Joey Porter now toils in the land of jb.....There is no justice!
6th June 2007 12:50 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Alas Sir Moonie and our beloved Joey Porter now toils in the land of jb.....There is no justice!

I predict big things. A Steeler return to the poise and moxie of 2005-2006.

And this too:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/retired_gen_george_washington
6th June 2007 06:43 AM
chevysales
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The show is now thundering its way to the final episode next week.(wont spoil it with details).Last night Tony's yelling at his sister Janice and throws in.."yea next thing its Exile on Main St"....No Stones music but I'm betting on Gimmeshelter as the very last fade out song nextweek.....

lots of stones references over the years on sopranos (and on entourage too)... even janice's fake tit tatoo.

tony was referencing the money for jr... but 1 minute later he learned from silvio that the hit was screwed up... the one bobby ran but was passsed around.
6th June 2007 06:45 AM
chevysales
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Negroes have proven to be twice the gangsters Italians ever hoped to be, and yet you won't see the damn liberal elite Hollywood making any fucking Black Panther drama series!

no?

then you need to seee the cheap ass movies on BET channel glamorizing dealing and gang life... while not a series like the sopranos there is plenty of "hood" movies to go around.
6th June 2007 09:13 AM
gimmekeef "Leprachaun in the Hood" was lame.....
6th June 2007 09:32 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
chevysales wrote:

no?

then you need to seee the cheap ass movies on BET channel glamorizing dealing and gang life... while not a series like the sopranos there is plenty of "hood" movies to go around.

Dealing is glamorous, Howard. Thats why we do it.
6th June 2007 10:45 AM
Chuck CLR James meets Tony Soprano:

http://www.insidehighered.com:80/views/2007/06/06/mclemee

(CLR James was a black Trotskyist.)
6th June 2007 10:52 AM
Chuck The Sopranos, Capitalism And Organized Crime:

http://www.swans.com/library/art10/lproy20.html

7th June 2007 11:51 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Last night Tony's yelling at his sister Janice and throws in.."yea next thing its Exile on Main St"....

archaic reference lost on younger viewers

HBO is out of touch. However the really succesful Hollywood studios know exactly how to relate to todays younger, hipper audience

case in point... witness the scene-stealing dialogue in this summers big smash-hit comedy "Knocked Up", where Paul Rudd's character proudly announces "I GOT THESE MUSHROOMS FROM ONE OF THE BLACK CROWES ROADIES!"

^ I'm sure there was a lot of market research that went into perfecting that brilliant line. And it certainly paid off well for them. All the cool kids are buzzing about it and the movie is a great success.

I understand that HBO excecutives were blown away by the Crowes mushroom reference in "Knocked Up" and have the Sopranos shows Producers scrambling to edit the final episode in order to include product placement of Chris Robinsons hookah.
7th June 2007 12:20 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

archaic reference lost on younger viewers

HBO is out of touch. However the really succesful Hollywood studios know exactly how to relate to todays younger, hipper audience

case in point... witness the scene-stealing dialogue in this summers big smash-hit comedy "Knocked Up", where Paul Rudd's character proudly announces "I GOT THESE MUSHROOMS FROM ONE OF THE BLACK CROWES ROADIES!"

^ I'm sure there was a lot of market research that went into perfecting that brilliant line. And it certainly paid off well for them. All the cool kids are buzzing about it and the movie is a great success.

I understand that HBO excecutives were blown away by the Crowes mushroom reference in "Knocked Up" and have the Sopranos shows Producers scrambling to edit the final episode in order to include product placement of Chris Robinsons hookah.

Hmm...Cathouse is interesting....lol
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)