ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unkown photographer with thanks to Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca Tour 2004 Return to archive
6th June 2004 05:43 AM
piratekeef Hi

despite this being a Stones Board I have to spare my Macca comment here:
I went to the German McCartney show in Leipzig (Central Stadium, capacity 50,000) and it was really great - though it rained heavily and continously throughout the show. When comparing this tour to all the previous ones (incl. Beatles) - this time the set's focus lay on the really rare songs. I mean, a setlist that includes gems such as Helter Skelter, I've Got A Feeling, You Won't See Me or Inspite Of All The Danger isn't necessarily a list you'll compile for a stadium show.
The security was very restrictive. And I mean it. I've been to a lot of shows. This is the first one I was detected with metal detectors. Concert goers were treated like criminals. However, check out the tour while you can.

6th June 2004 07:47 AM
WolfgangG Regarding the security, that's typical for Germany!! If there are other possibilites, always try to see shows in other countries than Germany. German security guards are jerks!!! And I am from Germany!

Wolfgang