ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unkown photographer with thanks to Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TWFNO and Moonlight Return to archive
5th June 2004 07:45 PM
penatonic fix
TWFNO solo is classic and all these years every time I listen to it that solo just stays with me all day. The solo is fluid, tonal heaven with the ascending and descending scale pattern. Its also haunting and sort of makes you escape within the framework of his playing. Truly great moment for Taylor with the stones and a great solo for all new fans to listen to and enjoy.

Taylor's brilliant delicate outro climatic looping solo that ends Moonlight is truly a great moment in rock history, and is a work of art for future fans to find and truly figure out what an amazing piece of playing Taylor did with that ballad. Its amazing to me after all these years very little has been written about it by the rock establishment which would include rock journalists. I would of thought some artists along the way would of raved and talked about this song and what Taylor did with this song. Same thing can be said with 'Sway' which has developed more of a following from the fanatics but still I think most don't give Taylor the due and praise for his work .Just think about it what guitar god out there ever put together two brilliant timeless outro solos on one record like Taylor did on Sticky. Let me correct myself how about 3 you have to add CYHMK and its all on one record now that is classic,classic,classic and should be talked about more and studied.

6th June 2004 11:38 AM
Scottfree
quote:
penatonic fix wrote:

TWFNO solo is classic and all these years every time I listen to it that solo just stays with me all day. The solo is fluid, tonal heaven with the ascending and descending scale pattern. Its also haunting and sort of makes you escape within the framework of his playing. Truly great moment for Taylor with the stones and a great solo for all new fans to listen to and enjoy.

Taylor's brilliant delicate outro climatic looping solo that ends Moonlight is truly a great moment in rock history, and is a work of art for future fans to find and truly figure out what an amazing piece of playing Taylor did with that ballad. Its amazing to me after all these years very little has been written about it by the rock establishment which would include rock journalists. I would of thought some artists along the way would of raved and talked about this song and what Taylor did with this song. Same thing can be said with 'Sway' which has developed more of a following from the fanatics but still I think most don't give Taylor the due and praise for his work .Just think about it what guitar god out there ever put together two brilliant timeless outro solos on one record like Taylor did on Sticky. Let me correct myself how about 3 you have to add CYHMK and its all on one record now that is classic,classic,classic and should be talked about more and studied.

Great post, I look forward to reading your other contributions. TWFNO, is the greatest song in word and feel, imo....