ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unkown photographer with thanks to Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wild Horses Return to archive
5th June 2004 12:41 PM
penatonic fix All these years and Keith has never played his clean electric solo on Wild Horses live like he played on Sticky Fingers anyone have any ideas why?.Keith for the most part plays in the penatonic box but on Wild Horses Keith solo is clean and melodic.Also his fills and slides on the verses are put magic to the ears.This song has great slides,fills, and is great to play on acoustic especially if you have another player to jam with.If you think Mick Taylor played the solo like I did all these years,Keith really did a great job on the final take because all the outtakes of his solos are painfull to listen to and you wonder how that final clean electric solo was achieved.

AJA
5th June 2004 03:29 PM
T&A So your premise here is that you think KR played the solo on the album version? What makes you say that?
5th June 2004 03:36 PM
scratched He did. The vibrato is very 'Keith-like' and it states that he played it in True Adventures of the Rolling Stones by Stanley Booth.
5th June 2004 07:04 PM
penatonic fix For me the real test is to listen to the outtakes of Wild Horses Taylor would never play that bad and Taylor was always a one take player for his studio solos with the stones,Keith kept the band hostage and was know to play a
riff over and over all through the night to get it right and the sound he wanted on the record.

5th June 2004 07:46 PM
scratched Never heard any out-takes of Wild Horses. I was under the impression that they destroyed all the alternate takes from the Muscle Shoals sessions.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
5th June 2004 07:51 PM
penatonic fix Those wild horses solos are on Itchy Fingers track 10 thru
5th June 2004 07:54 PM
scratched Cheers penty, I'll look out for it.
6th June 2004 10:18 AM
penatonic fix Even on 'Stripped' Keith had the chance to play the electric solo and choose not do.Keith did however change the opening introduction on Wild Horses as he did with the opening intro on Angie.He brought new life to the songs which is always refreshing for a muscian.