ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unkown photographer with thanks to Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Outtake theory is Bull. This album has more writing and recording potential than any in 25 years Return to archive
5th June 2004 01:25 AM
IanBillen
I am truly amazed how many folks are ranting and raving for, or against this supposed outake album or "Tattoo You II" which it has already been dubbed. Why, you ask? Quite simply, we have NEVER heard any of this besides these boards.....
I haven't heard ANY, that's right not one ioda from a reputable source to the band or any band member themselves make any reference to salvaging outtakes or going into "the can" as they say for anything. Not even a hint of it.
So the idea of the outtake album is for the most part..... rubbish and rumor. This is entirely 100% hear-say and what people have made up or heard. There has been absolutely no evidence whatsoever of any outtakes or lack of new material, going to "the can" from any of them or people that represent them. What I have heard from people working on this thing is that there is plenty of new stuff.
I have no idea when the new album is coming. I have no source. But I go by what reputable sources state. Words from people directly involved:

Don Was said=Some Stuff from the 2002 sessions will be worked on and their are new songs they will try.
Mick=We will hopefully try and record the material on the road as we did with Stripped with technology and all.
Keith=We recorded in all sorts of places on tour, even hotel rooms
Ronnie=We have lots of new stuff

And all of this before they even officially enter the studio to work this thing out!

All this plainly tells you there is infact alot of new material already and that there are plenty of things to get started on an album with or have been already started. I am sure by the recording sessions ending there will be loads to sift through to try and hone in one what should be mixed and polished for the album. In my opinion, by the end of the recording sessions this summer or mid to late summer this album will have more material written for it than any Stones album since....well I hate to use the normal saying but since Some Girls. From the things Keith has worked on in his basement he has kept, to the 2002 sessions, to writing and recording on the tour, to the sessions that are about to begin. No Stones album since Some Girls has had so many writing and recording possibilities. I am not saying it will be better than every album since Some Girls. I am just stating they have been working this thing up for a long time and in alot of places. and there is even more to come. Don't go by what a "reliable source" says. Go by what THEY say.
Ian
5th June 2004 09:02 AM
gimmekeef Ok then
5th June 2004 10:59 AM
T&A Doesn't mean it's not true. Where there's smoke....
5th June 2004 11:26 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I am truly amazed how many folks are ranting and raving for, or against this supposed outake album or "Tattoo You II" which it has already been dubbed. Why, you ask? Quite simply, we have NEVER heard any of this besides these boards.....
I haven't heard ANY, that's right not one ioda from a reputable source to the band or any band member themselves make any reference to salvaging outtakes or going into "the can" as they say for anything. Not even a hint of it.
So the idea of the outtake album is for the most part..... rubbish and rumor. This is entirely 100% hear-say and what people have made up or heard. There has been absolutely no evidence whatsoever of any outtakes or lack of new material, going to "the can" from any of them or people that represent them. What I have heard from people working on this thing is that there is plenty of new stuff.
I have no idea when the new album is coming. I have no source. But I go by what reputable sources state. Words from people directly involved:

Don Was said=Some Stuff from the 2002 sessions will be worked on and their are new songs they will try.
Mick=We will hopefully try and record the material on the road as we did with Stripped with technology and all.
Keith=We recorded in all sorts of places on tour, even hotel rooms
Ronnie=We have lots of new stuff

And all of this before they even officially enter the studio to work this thing out!

All this plainly tells you there is infact alot of new material already and that there are plenty of things to get started on an album with or have been already started. I am sure by the recording sessions ending there will be loads to sift through to try and hone in one what should be mixed and polished for the album. In my opinion, by the end of the recording sessions this summer or mid to late summer this album will have more material written for it than any Stones album since....well I hate to use the normal saying but since Some Girls. From the things Keith has worked on in his basement he has kept, to the 2002 sessions, to writing and recording on the tour, to the sessions that are about to begin. No Stones album since Some Girls has had so many writing and recording possibilities. I am not saying it will be better than every album since Some Girls. I am just stating they have been working this thing up for a long time and in alot of places. and there is even more to come. Don't go by what a "reliable source" says. Go by what THEY say.
Ian

5th June 2004 11:30 AM
nankerphelge Since I've been frequenting these boards, I have found that there are a few people here that are close enough to what is going on, and their info has been pretty damn reliable. Enough for me not to poo poo it, simply because the person involved doesn't carry an Official Rolling Stones business card and secret decoder ring!

By the way, I heard the working title of the release is "Nasty Rumours"
5th June 2004 01:04 PM
IanBillen
quote:
T&A wrote:
Doesn't mean it's not true. Where there's smoke....

well no it doesn't mean it's not true but I am just simply stating what band members and the probable producer of the album said. This holdes water. Not only that but, you know, I am not trying to offend anyone at all. I am just saying nobody in the Stones camp mentions anything about that. What they do mention is the new material. So this seems to be what it is all about. With seven years in between albums and all the writing and recording time in the last few years and yet to come I am sure they will never go to outtakes from previous works unless they really feel they are that good. I really doubt there will be any outtakes. There has been no indication of that at all in reality.
Ian
5th June 2004 01:12 PM
IanBillen
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Since I've been frequenting these boards, I have found that there are a few people here that are close enough to what is going on, and their info has been pretty damn reliable. Enough for me not to poo poo it, simply because the person involved doesn't carry an Official Rolling Stones business card and secret decoder ring!

Yeah, maybe. But May 20th was supposed to happen. That's what everyone said right. Sources close to the band say.....?Well it didn't. The true sources don't give out exact dates. They just give an evasive month or time of year. Sure someone could blab or slip but I wouldn't rely on anything entirely (or totaly seriously) until someone like
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, and Ron Wood
or Producer Don Was or engineer Ed Cherney, or someone high up handleing things from Virgin and The Stones gives reference to it.
None of these guys gave any indication about looking in the vaults or redoing unfinished works from the past at all . All they speak of is "All the new stuff".
Ian
5th June 2004 01:44 PM
Gazza >"Don Was said=Some Stuff from the 2002 sessions will be worked on and their are new songs they will try".

That - as far as I can tell - suggests left over songs being reworked.

I've never doubted there will also be post-2002 songs as well

a couple of weeks ago, certain people were rubbishing the "Stones in the studio" rumours just because they werent recording on the rumoured/planned date of 20th May that some people held sacrosanct. Its now common knowledge that those sessions were merely postponed for a couple of weeks and that the band are now in France about to start recording. It was also confirmed by Charlie in late April that they were to start recording in "about a month". See the "Jazzwise" interview posted elsewhere on this board. Even he didnt get it 100% right. Something obviously came up that postponed the session for a brief time.

I've said it before, Ian...most reliable advance stories youre going to hear about the band's movements, sessions and tour dates will come from fans who happen to be well connected and you'll find them posted on boards like this one. Just because a few people overspeculate and let two and two make five once in a while doesnt mean that the only reliable info youre going to get regarding the band is from an official source. Its up to the reader as to which source of info they trust. Theres quite a few folks here who post - not regularly - but who I know for a fact are very close to the band and the Stones organization and whose word I have a lot of faith in.
[Edited by Gazza]
5th June 2004 02:00 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Theres quite a few folks here who post - not regularly - but who I know for a fact are very close to the band and the Stones organization and whose word I have a lot of faith in.
[Edited by Gazza]

thanks gary!

Rik
5th June 2004 02:12 PM
Gazza I wasnt referring to YOU, Rik
5th June 2004 02:29 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Good one, Nanky!
5th June 2004 06:05 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>"Don Was said=Some Stuff from the 2002 sessions will be worked on and their are new songs they will try".

That - as far as I can tell - suggests left over songs being reworked.

I've never doubted there will also be post-2002 songs as well

a couple of weeks ago, certain people were rubbishing the "Stones in the studio" rumours just because they werent recording on the rumoured/planned date of 20th May that some people held sacrosanct. Its now common knowledge that those sessions were merely postponed for a couple of weeks and that the band are now in France about to start recording. It was also confirmed by Charlie in late April that they were to start recording in "about a month". See the "Jazzwise" interview posted elsewhere on this board. Even he didnt get it 100% right. Something obviously came up that postponed the session for a brief time.

I've said it before, Ian...most reliable advance stories youre going to hear about the band's movements, sessions and tour dates will come from fans who happen to be well connected and you'll find them posted on boards like this one. Just because a few people overspeculate and let two and two make five once in a while doesnt mean that the only reliable info youre going to get regarding the band is from an official source. Its up to the reader as to which source of info they trust. Theres quite a few folks here who post - not regularly - but who I know for a fact are very close to the band and the Stones organization and whose word I have a lot of faith in.
[Edited by Gazza]

Ok. Please don't get me wrong. I LOVE this board. Great people and the headers are so unique. I always come here and feel grateful people like you and everyone eles are here to chat with. Great colors too. 2002 isn't so much left overs. Now from Steel Wheels, Voodoo, Brodges, and Dirty Work, which I have heard mentioned. That would be true left overs.
You know once in a while you just gotta get your Rocks Off!
Ian
5th June 2004 06:58 PM
glencar Let it rock!
5th June 2004 07:39 PM
Bloozehound If you can't rock me
6th June 2004 01:00 AM
Diedre I think people connected to the Stones don't always have the facts. I also suspect that misinformation and incomplete information is "leaked." That's true of any corporation, band, organization, etc. It makes it easier to operate. Especially with people breathing down necks, stalking, etc. Such as a small handful of Stones fans seem to like to do. It's just weird to read Stones boards and have people to claim to know what these guys are doing and where they are on *any* given day. "Mick is in Africa!" "Keith is in LA!" Who knows and why does anyone care? Let 'em have a life and maybe, if they want to, make a record, tour, whatever.
6th June 2004 01:11 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Diedre wrote:
I think people connected to the Stones don't always have the facts. I also suspect that misinformation and incomplete information is "leaked." That's true of any corporation, band, organization, etc. It makes it easier to operate. Especially with people breathing down necks, stalking, etc. Such as a small handful of Stones fans seem to like to do. It's just weird to read Stones boards and have people to claim to know what these guys are doing and where they are on *any* given day. "Mick is in Africa!" "Keith is in LA!" Who knows and why does anyone care? Let 'em have a life and maybe, if they want to, make a record, tour, whatever.

Well, I know what you mean but I do like knowing their where abouts when album sessions are supposed to be starting.....and of coarse when they are touring and doing rehearsals for a tour. I wouldn't go stalking them though lol. As for their off time as in totaly no Stones plans abroad I could really much less be concerened. It is, however at these times when I want to know what's going on and where and how long they will be recording.
Ian
6th June 2004 03:07 AM
Bloozehound Ian,

lets keep the faith...sit down...take a deep breath and breathe out...the boys are in France...they are professionals.....as they say...the proof will be in the pudding.

Until then lets do as the song says "...you got to roll me..."

--cue tape--

Women think I'm tasty, but they're always tryin' to waste me
And make me burn the candle right down,
But baby, baby, I don't need no jewels in my crown.

'Cause all you women is low down gamblers,
Cheatin' like I don't know how,
But baby, baby, there's fever in the funk house now.
This low down bitchin' got my poor feet a itchin',
You know you know the duece is still wild.

Baby, I can't stay, you got to roll me
And call me the tumblin' dice.

Always in a hurry, I never stop to worry,
Don't you see the time flashin' by.
Honey, got no money,
I'm all sixes and sevens and nines.
Say now, baby, I'm the rank outsider,
You can be my partner in crime.

But baby, I can't stay,
You got to roll me and call me the tumblin',
Roll me and call me the tumblin' dice.

Oh, my, my, my, I'm the lone crap shooter,
Playin' the field ev'ry night.

Baby, can't stay,
You got to roll me and call me the tumblin' dice, (Call me the tumblin')
Got to roll me, Got to roll me, Got to roll me (Oh yeah)
Got to roll me. Got to roll me, Got to roll me ( Keep on rolling, Keep on rolling)

7/11's baby!

Keep'm Rollin' you dirty fuckers.

Now how bout some Johnny Ace...

Pledging My Love

Forever my darling our love will be true
Always and forever I'll love only you
just promise me darling your love in return
May this fire in my soul dear forever burn

My heart's at your command dear
To keep love and to hold
Making you happy is my desire dear
Keeping you is my goal