ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unkown photographer with thanks to Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No more mini-skirts Irina LOLOLOLOL (NSC) Return to archive
4th June 2004 10:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Short Skirt Ban Stirs Controversy
Fri Jun 4,10:11 AM ET

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian regional government has told its women employees to stop wearing short skirts and tone down their make-up because they were arousing their male colleagues' "animal instincts."

The ruling by Oleg Shlyk, deputy governor of Kaliningrad on Russia's Baltic coast, has stirred indignation among many in the enclave -- including its menfolk.

"Of course, a woman must attract a man's attention, but not so much as to overstep norms and arouse not business-like but only animal instincts," Shlyk told the NTV television network.

An NTV commentator said Shlyk's ruling meant that women in Kaliningrad administration headquarters would have to forsake short skirts in favor of business-suits, shun outlandish jewelry and wear only modest make-up.

Yuri Matochkin, a deputy in the regional parliament, indignantly said the ruling brought shame on Shlyk himself.

"If this distracts him, then he has chosen the wrong job and if he cannot control himself to direct his energy correctly he ought to change his job," Matochkin said.

Vladimir Nikitin, a senior parliament official, agreed.

"Deputies of our duma (parliament) and members of staff have not given any reason to doubt their high moral level and reliability, as far as their dress code goes at least," Nikitin said.

Don't worry too much Irina, you may wear a short-skirt or not-skirt in the next Rolling Stones fans gathering
4th June 2004 10:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Probably the first parragraph could be

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian regional government has told the Rocks Off webmasters to stop posting photos of Irina at the message board because they were arousing their male regulars "animal instincts." Hi Maxlugar!!!
5th June 2004 11:45 AM
Bloozehound
5th June 2004 12:14 PM
Jacques Hi
shame for Russian boys.
But why can't we get a pic of Irina in a mini-skirt in Europe ?
Cheers and sorry Irina (just for the fun)
Amiti�s Irina
Jacques
7th June 2004 08:23 AM
Irina lol I just did not hear about it !
Thank you for this funny information - I had a good laugh
at Shlyk
Thanks God - I'm not employee of our regional government!
Though, deep in my heart, I prefer the 18-th century-like long dresses - they are SO gorgeous, and someway more
sexappeal lol Just smile