ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unkown photographer with thanks to Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cool article on Mick from the UK Return to archive
4th June 2004 08:40 AM
Riffhard I found this article to be an interesting read. It seems that the world press is starting to drop alot of press about the Stones lately. I always loved the "calm before the storm" feeling that accompanies the pre-tour planning. Add a new album to the mix and I'm salivating like Pavlov's dog!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/campaigns/stones/bmjag.xml

Riffhard
4th June 2004 09:57 AM
Gazza
>Add a new album to the mix and I'm salivating like Pavlov's dog!

make sure you get to the press conference again and give us a plug like you did in 2002 then!

Thanks

Thats a great article and one of the most eye-opening, funny and revealing things I've read about Mick in years. Really captures a side of him not many people would be aware of.

The image of Mick Jagger kitted out from head to toe collecting honey from bees is downright surreal..

and the manager of the Mick Jagger centre in Dartford is called Mick Taylor? How the mighty have fallen!
4th June 2004 10:14 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

make sure you get to the press conference again and give us a plug like you did in 2002 then!

Consider it done Gary! If I'm there we're there! If ya take my meaning,and I will definatly be there!

quote:
The image of Mick Jagger kitted out from head to toe collecting honey from bees is downright surreal..

I thought the exact same thing as I read that bit. I just sat in astonishment trying desperatly to capture that image in my mind! Very strange indeed. Mick does have some of that English eccentricity in him I suppose!

quote:
and the manager of the Mick Jagger centre in Dartford is called Mick Taylor? How the mighty have fallen!

I would think that Jagger had a bit of laugh about that as well.

Riffhard

[Edited by Riffhard]
4th June 2004 10:35 AM
Joey

[Edited by Joey]
4th June 2004 10:46 AM
Mel Belli So, is Oldham implying that he and Jagger had a homosexual relationship together?
4th June 2004 11:12 AM
Joey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
So, is Oldham implying that he and Jagger had a homosexual relationship together?

W- W- W- W- W- What ?!?!?!

That would be like saying Kit Lambert and Pete Townshend had a homosexual relationship together ........

......or Brian Epstein and Lennon.

Why do you think these guys wanted to manage those 60's pop groups so badly !!!!

By the way , I really really dig your avatar Mel !!!!!

I plan on stealing it someday ( but not sure when )

Developing ....................................

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !

4th June 2004 11:34 AM
sirmoonie Nice read. Thanks Riffie.
4th June 2004 11:46 AM
jb Thanks Riffhard!!!
4th June 2004 11:57 AM
Joey Nice read. Thanks Riffie.

Thanks Riffhard!!!

4th June 2004 12:01 PM
jb It was really interesting..thanks again!
4th June 2004 12:02 PM
Joey

I can not thank you enough Riffy ---- A vital and coherent read .

4th June 2004 12:08 PM
Riffhard If I didn't know you two better I'd think that you were trying to inflate your post total by responding to this thread with inane responses. However,I know that both of you are sincere in your appreciation of the linked story,therefore,I strongly believe in your sincerity.

So I take it that both of you guys liked the article then?

Riffhard
4th June 2004 12:13 PM
Joey " If I didn't know you two better I'd think that you were trying to inflate your post total by responding to this thread with inane responses. "

" However,I know that both of you are sincere in your appreciation of the linked story,therefore,I strongly believe in your sincerity. "

" So I take it that both of you guys liked the article then? "

J.

4th June 2004 12:14 PM
Nellcote Thanks for the article, it is wicked pissa
Especially the comment from Barbara Charone with the 50 minute version of Jah Wonderful. What I'd give to see the look on that record industry weasel's face.

JB & Joey, your comments, please?
4th June 2004 12:15 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Thanks for the article, it is wicked pissa
Especially the comment from Barbara Charone with the 50 minute version of Jah Wonderful. What I'd give to see the look on that record industry weasel's face.

JB & Joey, your comments, please?

Time to
4th June 2004 12:17 PM
Nellcote Joey, I was hoping you would opine.
The barrister must be "engaged" at present...
4th June 2004 12:19 PM
Joey " Joey, I was hoping you would opine. "