ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unkown photographer with thanks to Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who wants to meet me&my family this summer!? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st May 2004 10:39 PM
BILL PERKS WHILE FRANCE IS A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY..I HAVE BEEN THERE..ITS THE PEOPLE AND ITS GOVERNMENT THAT MAKE IT A PLACE ALL AMERICANS AND ENGLISH SHOULD AVOID.FROM WW 2 FORWARD THEY HAVE CONSISTENTLY SHOWN NO APPRECIATION FOR THE FACT THAT WE GAVE THEM THEIR FREEDOM AND HAVE CONTINUED TO PROTECT IT,I KNOW NOT ALL FRENCH PEOPLE ARE BAD,BUT THE IRA EINHORN SITUATION SEALED IT FOR ME.THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT HIM ON THE FIRST PLANE TO PHILLY WHEN HE WAS FOUND YET OFFERED HIM FREEDOM FOR FAR TOO LONG.MY EXPRIENCE WITH THE FRENCH PUBLIC WAS THEY DETEST AMERICANS AND THE ENGLISH,SO FU TO FRANCE.
22nd May 2004 06:24 AM
egon reading your post i wonder why they hate YOU...?
22nd May 2004 06:26 AM
egon
quote:
marko wrote:
Well,nice and all that were on our plans,but history and
WW2 places are number one,besides versailles and eiffel
tower.After paris,we will head to Munich(eagles nest),and
the castle in Fussen.then its poland and auschwitz.
But,since roads are fast to drive,we can allways change our
plans.

marko, you are welcome here in the south.
maybe we can look for nellcote together,
cos i sure as hell still haven't been able to find it...
22nd May 2004 08:25 AM
Monkey Woman Hi Marko! Yes, I got your messsage! Thanks!
22nd May 2004 02:42 PM
glencar I'd recommend Normandy...
22nd May 2004 04:13 PM
marko Will go to normandy.Right after paris.
22nd May 2004 04:37 PM
Gazza Amazing and yet entirely predictable how someone can make an innocent post about where they're going on their holiday only to have the same obnoxious xenophobic "why I hate this country and the people who live in it" crap (added with the obligatory "but theyre not all bad" proviso just to help the poster convince themselves that hes not REALLY a bigot, honest, folks)

There's FAR too much of this deliberately inflammatory bullshit on this board, and its usually from the same few people. If anyone's going to keep this shit going, then take it elsewhere and start your own "Xenophobe" board or something or we'll do something about it to get rid of the problem ourselves. A bit of good natured banter is perfectly OK, but it's being abused far too much.

Its not welcome here and we're fed up paying to host this site to see it continually being flushed down the toilet as has been the case for several months now.
22nd May 2004 05:11 PM
Monkey Woman Thanks for stepping in, Gazza! Voice of wisdom... I didn't want to respond to such a stupid bullcrap post. Better not to stir up things any more.

Anyway, that's a good idea about Normandy, marko. They've kept intact parts of the Wall of the Atlantic. Very impressive. And there's the Memorial of the Normandy Landing in Caen, big historic memorial put up by the French to honor the Allied armies and remember them by. Yes, we DO remember.
23rd May 2004 02:55 AM
marko Our route so far is
Sweden-Denmark(maybe Legoland),Germany,Belgium,here i�ll meet my mate Peter in Gent,Then,Paris,Normandy,Brest,------
back to Germany,Munich,Fussen castle,Eagles nest,--then off
to Poland,to see auschwitz.
But we should see Holland as well....
23rd May 2004 06:00 AM
Jumacfly Marko!
join Egon and I in the South of France, that s cooler than Normandy!!!
23rd May 2004 06:02 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
WHILE FRANCE IS A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY..I HAVE BEEN THERE..ITS THE PEOPLE AND ITS GOVERNMENT THAT MAKE IT A PLACE ALL AMERICANS AND ENGLISH SHOULD AVOID.FROM WW 2 FORWARD THEY HAVE CONSISTENTLY SHOWN NO APPRECIATION FOR THE FACT THAT WE GAVE THEM THEIR FREEDOM AND HAVE CONTINUED TO PROTECT IT,I KNOW NOT ALL FRENCH PEOPLE ARE BAD,BUT THE IRA EINHORN SITUATION SEALED IT FOR ME.THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT HIM ON THE FIRST PLANE TO PHILLY WHEN HE WAS FOUND YET OFFERED HIM FREEDOM FOR FAR TOO LONG.MY EXPRIENCE WITH THE FRENCH PUBLIC WAS THEY DETEST AMERICANS AND THE ENGLISH,SO FU TO FRANCE.

get a life and remember 1776 cretino maximo!!

thanks Gazza, once again! words of reason man, i tell you!!
23rd May 2004 06:26 AM
Monkey Woman Well, marko, that's an impressive itinerary. I see you and your family are very interested in history, especially WWII.
I'm sure you'll have a great trip! The stop at Auschwitz will surely bring a lot of emotion and thinking.

And you know, Ju, the south is of course hotter, not cooler than Normandy... LOL
23rd May 2004 11:45 AM
marko Egon! We MIGHT,just MAYBE we will come to Marseille as well.
Its on our route plan no.2
24th May 2004 05:29 AM
Rolling Hansie
quote:
Gazza wrote:
... how someone can make an innocent post about where they're going on their holiday ...

Wise words Gazza.
Have a great holiday Marko.

24th May 2004 05:36 AM
F505 Even Bill likes France!
24th May 2004 06:18 AM
egon
quote:
marko wrote:
Egon! We MIGHT,just MAYBE we will come to Marseille as well.
Its on our route plan no.2

keep me informed man!
would be a good reason to meet up with ju at the same time.

24th May 2004 07:38 AM
marko Buddy!Now it really looks like,that,we WILL come to Marseille.Marianne just found/looked very nice journey.
I can�t say any dates,,,but i think,about 2-3days after
Normandy.
24th May 2004 02:11 PM
steel driving hammer Sometimes I want to but I, can't afford it.............

Just about done paying off for Amsterdam.

If I go, I must get stoned in Amsterdam again though.

Do the Finnish have good weed?
24th May 2004 03:04 PM
Joey
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Sometimes I want to but I, can't afford it.............

Just about done paying off for Amsterdam.

If I go, I must get stoned in Amsterdam again though.

Do the Finnish have good weed?

He's MY Baby Marko and not yours :

" In New York, Tony has a sitdown with Johnny Sack where the topic of discussion is the fate of Tony Blundetto. Tony tells Johnny that he doesn't know where his cousin is, but Johnny is unappeased; he wants Tony B. "on a fucking spit" for the killings of Joe Peeps and Billy Leotardo. "You either deliver that prick to my door," Johnny warns, "or I will rain a shit storm down on you and your family like you have never fucking seen."

J. Fly !

24th May 2004 11:32 PM
BILL PERKS WTF-FREEDOM OF SPEECH,RIGHT?I RESPECT ANYONES RIGHT TO DISAGREE.AMERICA HAS A BUG UP ITS ASS ABOUT FRANCE,AND IT IS WARRANTED.NOT TO SAY IT ENCOMPASSES THE FRENCH PEOPLE OF ROCKS OFF-I APOLOGIZE IF OFFENSE WAS TAKEN .I REALIZE I DID WHAT JB DOES BY HIJACKING SAID POST.
FROM BILL PERKS
25th May 2004 01:32 AM
Jumacfly no pb Bill Perks
25th May 2004 05:24 AM
Gazza >WTF-FREEDOM OF SPEECH,RIGHT?

er,no..not quite. With freedom of speech comes respect for others. If anyone's going to post here, we expect that courtesy. This is an international forum - and lets not forget it, its a bloody MUSIC site - used by people from different backgrounds, nationalities and cultures. A lot of people seem to ignore that. If anyone thinks that can come out with saying absolutely anything they want and then hiding behind the get-out "freedom of speech" line, then you're just inviting anarchy. We have to have some kind of rules or standards.

>I RESPECT ANYONES RIGHT TO DISAGREE.AMERICA HAS A BUG UP ITS ASS ABOUT FRANCE,AND IT IS WARRANTED.

Then write to the President of France, M. Jacques Chirac, c/o Palais Elysee, Paris with your grievances. Don't bring it where it's of no relevance.

NOT TO SAY IT ENCOMPASSES THE FRENCH PEOPLE OF ROCKS OFF

then why post it here where the only people who will read it are the very people you say it doesnt apply to. If anyone's got a problem with the government of another country - take it to them or express yur opinion in a forum thats appropriate to it. There's not exactly much we can do about it here.

-I APOLOGIZE IF OFFENSE WAS TAKEN .I REALIZE I DID WHAT JB DOES BY HIJACKING SAID POST.
FROM BILL PERKS

Apology accepted. You're as welcome to post here as anyone as long as it's not over the top.
25th May 2004 09:51 AM
Joey

Thanks Gazza
25th May 2004 03:57 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Then write to the President of France, M. Jacques Chirac, c/o Palais Elysee, Paris with your grievances.

Now, *that* would be a good idea! This guy is an a**hole of the first order! He he heee!!!
25th May 2004 04:09 PM
jb Thanks Gazza...I also would like to say that I no longer hate Bill Perks....while we may disagree over certain political issues, he is a human being like me, and does not deserve to be hated by me or anyone for that matter. I know some people here hate me too, but I will try to be a better person in 05(assumimg I make it that long). God Bless....I might even go to France once things calm down.
[Edited by jb]
25th May 2004 04:22 PM
Joey " Thanks Gazza..."

Thanks Josh

" I also would like to say that I no longer hate Bill Perks...."

" while we may disagree over certain political issues, he is a human being like me, and does not deserve to be hated by me or anyone for that matter. "

" I know some people here hate me too, but I will try to be a better person in 05(assumimg I make it that long)."

" God Bless....I might even go to France once things calm down. "

25th May 2004 10:55 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks Gazza...I also would like to say that I no longer hate Bill Perks....while we may disagree over certain political issues, he is a human being like me, and does not deserve to be hated by me or anyone for that matter. I know some people here hate me too, but I will try to be a better person in 05(assumimg I make it that long). God Bless....I might even go to France once things calm down.
[Edited by jb]

CHEERS JOSHY,YOU AND JOEYKINS NOW HAVE AN ALLY.
25th May 2004 11:18 PM
Mr Jimmy Lucky you Marko... sounds like a great trip and I wish I was heading over to Europe this summer.

As for France... it's one of my favourite places to visit: Full bodied wines in the Cote du Rhone
Fine bodied beauties in Paris and beyond
And quite the Stones history "aussi."

I've always been treated with warmth in that beautiful country.

"Plus ca change. Plus c'est la meme chose."
26th May 2004 03:01 AM
Jumacfly Everyone from this board is welcome in France ok??
period!!!
1st June 2004 09:20 AM
egon
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
period!!!

surely you mean pernod?
Page: 1 2 3