ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unkown photographer with thanks to Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The F U thread...Part 2..."More Bitching" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
11th May 2004 04:16 AM
parmeda
quote:
Donny Rummy wrote:
I know - I went a little too far. I emailed her. I look at this place as a lark. I mean - come on....

I'm sure she's a fine person (even though she flamed my rubber ducky persona!) I hope she doesn't leave.

I honestly hope that you are being sincere.

I can agree with you, that I too, come here to "escape". A lot of us do.

After reading this thread and seeing everything that has transpired, I have come to my own personal conclusion that, "I will leave all of the mud slinging where it truly belongs...with the pigs".

I usually don't involve myself in some of the ridiculous, and sometimes the most arguemented topics that are posted on this board. This is an exception only because I feel it has gotten out of hand to a point where one of you plans on leaving, for the possible fact that you've been "bullied" into it...and the other, because you had obviously crossed a line that you maybe shouldn't have which in turn has caused you to be banned.

I hope that you and LadyJ have been able to settle your differences. Like the other ladies have already stated, she is a wonderful woman, a dear friend and she has a heart of gold. Sadly, it is you that never took the time to see it.

And, in your defense...I think it is a shame that you're being banned. You only have yourself to blame.
11th May 2004 05:49 AM
luxury1 Lets get back to the Stones news, shall we?
i know LJ comes here for that, I just wish most other people on the board did also. Bill Perks (all caps) is right. RO, right now, is unfortunately full of weirdos espousing god knows what. There is not much to read regarding the Stones anymore. We need a tour......
11th May 2004 06:06 AM
LadyJane OMG....I shouldn't have gone to bed.

Ladies, my friends...your kind words and support are overwhelming. Many, many thanks.

Donny and I have resolved our issues privately. We will now be heading to Iraq to settle the mess in Fallujah.

I agree with Lux...let's get back on topic. When is the damn Tour going to start. I need it.

No more flaming. No more threats of leaving. No banning.

LJ.
11th May 2004 06:52 AM
nankerphelge We do need a shot of Stones.

This is the kind of shit that happens during the doldrums between tours!

Hope you two have resolved your differences!

If there is any Jello wrestling, please set up a webcam!

11th May 2004 06:57 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

If there is any Jello wrestling, please set up a webcam!

LOL!! Nanky is right, Jello and Bikini rule!!!
11th May 2004 07:00 AM
egon
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
We do need a shot of Stones.

no stones in sight yet...

however they do have heinkeken on sale at my local supermarket.

lucky me!
11th May 2004 09:05 AM
Some Guy F U to sausage!
11th May 2004 09:30 AM
egon F U to losing your hair on your head, whilst starting to grow it on your back. life is fucking cruel at times.
11th May 2004 09:59 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Joey and jb..I'm very disappointed in both of you.

How often have I come to your defense when you were the victims of vicious attacks?

But you remain silent when I am being harrassed by a cybernut.

Thanks for your support.

LJ.

My Sweet LJ.....you never have and never will require Joey or myself to "defend" you here on "Rocks-Off". Everyone who knows you values your contribution to the board and genuine concern for other members.....If we(joey and I) thought for one minute that someone was attempting to "hurt" you, we would not be silent. Obviously, we did not realize the extent of your "hostilities" with this poster. Keep in mind, Joey and I have a high tolerance level for all posters as we tend to push the buttons as well, and we would be the last to criticise another for what we percieve to be extremely sarcastic posts...nonetheless, if you have been hurt by this experience, we are deeply remorseful that you felt abadoned by us in you time of need.....We remain your humble servants and are at your beck and call.
11th May 2004 10:10 AM
Lil Brian I've got to send one out to people that don't come through on their trades! Blowing it off after you've received your stuff? That's WEAK!
11th May 2004 10:11 AM
Donny Rummy
quote:
parmeda wrote:

And, in your defense...I think it is a shame that you're being banned. You only have yourself to blame.

No - it's Monkey Woman's fault!

(okay I think I'll have to point out that this is meant to be HUMOROUS to those so challenged!)

If anyone can't see that James Brown and Carmen Miranda rubber duckys named after the former prime minister of Israel and the Sec of Defense posting on a Rolling Stones internet board is an act of the absurd - then....oh...nevermind...

LJ and I made up.

I am currently editing the video. I'll be happy to trade for footage of Josh and Joey's SF wedding.

11th May 2004 10:12 AM
LadyJane It's all good joshy!

I think I was overly emotional yesterday and overreacted just a bit.

All is well now!

But Thank You!! With a post like that, people are gonna think you are really a nice guy!!

Looking forward to our lunch date in So. Fla.

LJ.
11th May 2004 10:14 AM
Donny Rummy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

But Thank You!! With a post like that, people are gonna think you are really a nice guy!!

LJ.

Be careful - it's a trap...

11th May 2004 10:15 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Donny Rummy wrote:

I am currently editing the video. I'll be happy to trade for footage of Josh and Joey's SF wedding.

Donny...I thought we agreed to CHARGE for the jello wrestling footage???

Although..footage of the SF wedding may just be a good trade!

LJ.
11th May 2004 10:22 AM
Donny Rummy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Donny...I thought we agreed to CHARGE for the jello wrestling footage???

Although..footage of the SF wedding may just be a good trade!

LJ.

We can make it a double feature to hit all demographics. Plus - the guys will SAY they want the jello wrestling but we all know it will be the wedding footage, same thing that made the C10 video such a hit.

11th May 2004 10:22 AM
jb I just don't believe in banning unless the behavior has become so extreme that it totally disrupts the board....I still believe that one can peruse through the posts they wish and ignore those which they find offensive...i for example, hate with all my heart and soul the following posters:1)Bill Perks 2) Lucads4 3)some guy from France(I forget his moniker) and at times TSXY....yet I do not seek to ban them...rather, I pity them.
11th May 2004 10:25 AM
F505 I am not at that list!
11th May 2004 10:26 AM
Donny Rummy
quote:
jb wrote:
I just don't believe in banning unless the behavior has become so extreme that it totally disrupts the board....I still believe that one can peruse through the posts they wish and ignore those which they find offensive...i for example, hate with all my heart and soul the following posters:1)Bill Perks 2) Lucads4 3)some guy from France(I forget his moniker) and at times TSXY....yet I do not seek to ban them...rather, I pity them.

Like I said to LJ - this is jr high. At times jr high while riding the short bus. I sometimes like to stage a production of Lord of the Flies to spice things up. If anyone wants to do Oklahoma next - be my guest.

Is Corgi still serious?

11th May 2004 10:33 AM
egon F U to those flyers they put behind your windscreen whipers.

Do I look like someone that's in the market for a pair of disco lights?

oh, and F U to the people that put the the flyers there.
11th May 2004 10:35 AM
egon
quote:
jb wrote:
1)Bill Perks 2) Lucads4 3)some guy from France(I forget his moniker) and at times TSXY....

is it because they are not jewish?
11th May 2004 10:35 AM
sirmoonie Getting banned isn't as popular as it used to be.
11th May 2004 10:38 AM
jb
quote:
egon wrote:

is it because they are not jewish?

No...I have never judged someone by his/her race or religion;rather, I judge people based on how they treat me.
11th May 2004 10:40 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

No...I have never judged someone by his/her race or religion;rather, I judge people based on how they treat me.

...and the amount of Beatles cd's they have....
11th May 2004 10:43 AM
jb -and the amount of posts they have.
[Edited by jb]
11th May 2004 10:44 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

Do you like white people?
11th May 2004 10:46 AM
F505 thank god I reached my 1000th post recently
11th May 2004 10:47 AM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Do you like white people?

You mean "whitey"?
11th May 2004 10:50 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
You mean "whitey"?

Who?

Hey, I may hit 2000 posts today. Fuck yeah, I'm on a roll.....
11th May 2004 10:53 AM
jb

11th May 2004 10:54 AM
Donny Rummy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Getting banned isn't as popular as it used to be.

I know, we all used to look forward to it and wear it as a badge of honor. I think Josh and Joey have something to do with the whole "being banned is so 5 minutes ago" thing. It's to protect their 10,000 posts goal. A feat few would be able to achieve, and even fewer who would want to. They are aspiring to become an aristocracy of the bored, at it's core it is in opposition to the anarchy of the banned.

Who posted about hair on their back? I still can't get that image out of my head. It's really disturbing and I am having difficultly digesting my breakfast.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17