ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unkown photographer with thanks to Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: PLEASE Help If You Can ? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
25th March 2004 08:35 PM
LadyJane Happy to help. A nice tribute.

My condolences Cardy.

E-mail sent.

LJ.
25th March 2004 09:05 PM
muddy sorry for your loss

if you've got room for another, count me in.

thanks
25th March 2004 09:38 PM
kahoosier I want in...sorry for the loss.
25th March 2004 09:39 PM
moy Count me in
26th March 2004 12:08 AM
coolrkddy Count me in when ever we can help someone in need we all have to take time to meet there needs.Rich
26th March 2004 12:55 AM
beer
quote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:

2. Gimme Shelter - San Jose, CA. 4/20/99

Yes, This footage IS taken from the 4th row behind the stage

[Edited by Gazza]

wait a minute, did they really do that? did the Stones sell tickets to have people watch from BEHIND the stage? that is fuckin terrible! that sounds like something KISS would do!

Look, i mean no disrespect to what this topic is all about, i can and will pay for a copy of this too. but what is the point of watching them with their backs turned to you?
26th March 2004 05:15 AM
P Sorry for your loss Cardinal, my deepest sympathies
Who could resist a worthy cause like this.
Sent you a Pm.
If there is room for me, you may count me in.
Peter
26th March 2004 06:08 AM
BillyBoll If there is still room, count me in too. What an excellent way of remembering someone and contributing to the family.

I'll PM you too.
26th March 2004 06:33 AM
NHStonesfan Hopefully no news is good news
Continued best wishes Matt
26th March 2004 07:58 AM
2120SMA Count me in!
26th March 2004 11:33 AM
telecaster
quote:
beer wrote:

wait a minute, did they really do that? did the Stones sell tickets to have people watch from BEHIND the stage? that is fuckin terrible! that sounds like something KISS would do!

Look, i mean no disrespect to what this topic is all about, i can and will pay for a copy of this too. but what is the point of watching them with their backs turned to you?

Because the "No Security" stage was designed to play to those behind the stage. It had a full ramp back there that was part of the act/stage
26th March 2004 03:03 PM
Gazza >wait a minute, did they really do that? did the Stones sell tickets to have people watch from BEHIND the stage? that is fuckin terrible! that sounds like something KISS would do!

the tickets behind the stage cost only $40. There werent that many but they went like hotcakes. The average NS ticket prices were something like $109. How good or bad the behind stage seats were varied on who you talked to. Maybe higher up the sound wasnt so good (but that can happen in other parts of the arena too) but I know several folks who had seats behind the stage and they all seemed to enjoy themselves OK. I think the logic was - these arent going to be the best view or the best sound so they'll be priced to reflect that. The alternative was not using the seats and locking out a couple of thousand people every night who would otherwise have snapped them up.

The Stones were far from the only band who have placed seats behind the stage. I know Springsteen has done it too. I doubt it would work that well if you were going to see a band who didnt work the stage that much but that doesnt apply to the Stones.

the two shows I saw in Hartford,Connecticut saw Mick, Keith and Ronnie doing a reasonable amount of performing on the ramp behind the stage for the benefit of those folks. I reckon they got their money's worth OK!

anyway - back to the relevance of this thread. Keep signin' up folks!!!
26th March 2004 03:19 PM
FPM C10 I saw MSG 3 from behind the stage and LOVED it. It gives you a backstage view that I found fascinating, and the sound was fine. Plus they DO play to the back a fair amount, and even bowed to us at the end.

If it was my ONLY time seeing them I wouldn't want to be back there, but it was one show out of ten I saw '97-'99 and I have no regrets.

BTW I am psyched that the b&w "No Security" intro film has finally surfaced. I loved that. I wish the circumstances were different for it becoming available to us, but none of my NS video boots include it.

I'm taking it this is an audience-shot video of that film - has anyone seen a boot of the original in circulation?

26th March 2004 07:20 PM
Highway Child Count me in !! As a Stone collector, of course, I need it and it's for a good cause! How we will be informed where to send the cash ?
26th March 2004 10:06 PM
Cardinal Fang Hello Everybody !

Wow, what can I say but THANK YOU to each and every single one of you !! I am overwhelmed to say the least (but in a good way :-) by all of your KINDNESS and GENEROSITY !! Here I thought that I "might" get maybe (?) 10 people to help out here and so far there has been WAY more than that. (THANK'S !!) So many of you that it has literally jammed my email box. (again, in a GOOD way !) I WILL get back to each and every one of you in the order received so PLEASE be patient. (Thank's)

Here is the latest status on this project: Next week it will be converted over to DVD and indexed and menued, etc. by a great friend of mine (and Rocks Off) who volunteered to help me out here. As far as Stones people go, they don't get ANY bigger than this man !! (I'm sure that many of you know EXACTLY who I mean !!) I should have the DVD results back about a week after that. (roughly a week or two from today)
I PROMISE (!!!) that I will THEN start shipping them out IN THE ORDER in which I receive payment because by that point I will already have your addresses on the envelopes waiting to go out. Should be great and I can't wait to see the DVD dub !!

Speaking of payment, (and I guess we were :-) I have set up a PayPal account: Honestdude @ mail.com
I would prefer everybody to pay this way so I don't have to deal with all of the out of state/other country checks, etc. If you don't have a PayPal account I suppose you can always just send cash. Just do so by wrapping it in paper so the mailman don't rip it off !! Email at cardinalfang @ rocksoff.org for further details if you need to.

ALSO !! When you pay via PayPal, PLEASE email me at cardinalfang @ rocksoff.org to let me know WHO YOU ARE and YOUR ADDRESS. (This is important)
In other words..........How am I gonna know that PayPal member "Studmuffin69" is actually RockOff member "SirStonesalot" who is actually Marc. A. and lives at 1234 Main Street, Anytown USA. ??? (See what I mean ?)

I also want to use PayPal because it solves the problem of the conversion of Pesos to Dollars or Euros to Dollars or "Whatever" to Dollars, and I don't have to wait for weeks that (sometimes) my credit union puts a hold on checks that are out of state.

I WILL keep you posted here and I WILL answer ALL of your email. PLEASE be patient cause it may take a few days or more.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART !!!

The Jimmy Whitley aka Cardinal Fang

L8r, : - )

P.S. Let me add my 2 cents here about The Stones and "behind the stage" seating. I AGREE with Gazza and Fleabit Peanut Monkey (nice avitar by the way !)
At first I thought it was going to be kinda lame, but I'm here to tell you that in the future I will GLADLY take the behind/side stage seats. What I've learned from it all is "SO WHAT" that they are not looking at you the majority of the time ? In comparison, how "great" of a view does the dude sitting in Row 75 have who theoretically can "see" the Stones looking in his general direction 85 percent of the time ? The 15 percent of the time that the Stones are looking at me in row 4 behind the stage is IMO, WAY BETTER than the 85 percent that they are looking at you in row 75. Not only that but the dude in row 75 paid 150 bucks and STILL couldn't see anything too well. Meanwhile, I paid 50 bucks and actually could see things like Mick roll his eyes at Charlie or Keith turning his back on the rest of the audience and fuck around with his zipper and I'm only 20 feet away. Meanwhile the dude in row 75 is like a 150 feet away. The sound was GREAT too behind the stage at that show IMO.

The other thing that I TOTALLY have to agree with My Uncle Flea about is the VANTAGE point you have behind the stage. For me as a musician it was FASCINATING to say the least. To see how the Stones backline operated was a great education for me as a musician.

To Jon: Yes, the intro is audience shot (all of this is) but it is near PERFECTLY framed and crystal clear. Other than a direct transfer from the Stones actual video feed there is no better version to my knowledge ? Steve was in the PERFECT seat to shoot that video screen. (they rolled it up when the Stones hit the stage) Had he been in the first row and shot it, the "angle" would have made the image compressed and distorted. Same thing had he been higher up in row 7 or so. He was in the perfect seat at that show IMO.

26th March 2004 10:47 PM
Poplar
I SAW TWO OF THOSE GIGS!!!!
COUNT ME IN BABY!!!!

26th March 2004 11:16 PM
voodoopug Count me in on this too.

[email protected]

john
27th March 2004 12:18 PM
Jacques Hi
so sad
I'm in even if there's no stuff
Amicalement
Jacques
27th March 2004 01:55 PM
rogerriffin my condolences...
count with me (voodoo chile via/ 2 in 1)for help to stones fan.

olny has been to wake up of life dream...
27th March 2004 05:13 PM
Gimme Shelter Just paid through PayPal. I have also just sent an e-mail.
28th March 2004 03:43 AM
P Paid with paypal,email sent
Best of luck
28th March 2004 07:42 AM
padre Is there room still for one more?
28th March 2004 11:23 AM
Monkey Woman Payment sent with Paypal, e-mail sent too. Thank you, and all my sympathy.
28th March 2004 07:46 PM
MarthaMyDear Same as Monkey Woman!!! Thank you for this extremely generous offer, Jimmy, and I'll talk to you soon!!! PEACE and TAKE CARE!!!

*** Martha ***
31st March 2004 09:10 PM
voodoopug Payment and email sent
1st April 2004 12:37 AM
parmeda Payment made...e-mail sent.
1st April 2004 06:34 AM
mac_daddy payment made - email sent.

thanks again.
2nd April 2004 10:05 AM
BeastofBurden Payment made, e-mail sent

Thank You
2nd April 2004 05:42 PM
cabledogg2 Payment made thru paypal and i also sent you a e-mail........Scott (cabledogg2)
2nd April 2004 08:25 PM
keefgrl81 payment made - e-mail sent.
Page: 1 2 3 4