ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Unkown photographer with thanks to Irina
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: PLEASE Help If You Can ? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
24th March 2004 07:31 PM
Cardinal Fang Hello Everybody !!!

On March 6, 2004, My friend of 30 plus years, Steve Snyder,passed away. I've known Steve since 1972 when we were both 8 years old and in the same 3rd grade class. Steve had filmed a few Stones shows that have NEVER been available in bootleg trade circles and now Steve's widow Kathy (my 4th grade girl friend !!) has a shitload of bills and I told Kathy that, "I might be able to raise a couple of hundred bucks by selling a "Steve" best of Stones video" ?? My idea is to sell 10 of his video's at 20 bucks a pop and try to make at least 200 bucks for the family ? Being a Stones collector, I'm NOT stupid !! I know as soon as this stuff gets out that it will more than likely be bootlegged again and again (and AGAIN) and sold on eBay for WAY MORE THAN the meager amount that I'm trying to raise for Steve's family. (That's why I'm NOT selling this on eBay)

The reason why I'm wanting to do this is for Kathy. Steve's footage is NOT in ANYBODY'S collection. (Trust me !) If you need proof of that, some of you will notice that I have NEVER included ANY of Steve's footage in my own video "trade list". (nor will I EVER !!) Also, I have recently made an informal survey privately with what I consider to be the top 3 Stones video collectors and all 3 of them said they did NOT have any of this in there collections. (They ALL got excited though !!)

Anyway, will some of you who can, PLEASE HELP ME OUT by allowing me to help out an old friend and what's left of her family ?? Rocks Off has been VERY kind in giving me permission to ask you all in helping out by making a 20 dollar donation in buying this video. I will NOT ask for ANY money until I get a minimum of 10 people who will send 20 bucks so PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY MONEY until I have confirmed at least 10 people who can help out. I will then email you and get your addresses and go from there. This is a ONE TIME offer only. I want to help out their family because they are great people. :-)

The price would be 20 dollars in North America
The price would be 25 dollars in Europe (extra shipping costs)
The price would be 30 dollars anywhere else (extra,extra shipping costs)

This video will be in NTSC format
The DVD will be in Region 1 (as its being converted in the US) and anyone living outside those areas should ensure their VCR/DVD is compatible (most modern PAL VCR's now will playback NTSC recordings and multi region DVDs are commonplace outside the US - besides, DVD drives in computers will generally play any format)

Here is the actual track list of what I've compiled with my comments on each track (one of the top 3 video collectors asked me to give a detailed review so here you go !)

Steve's Video aka Babylon Security:

1. No Security Intro.

This is EVERYTHING you saw on screen at the beginning of the No Security Tour. The boys walking through the abandoned warehouse with their axes, etc. (If you were at any of the 1999 gigs, YOU FUCKING SAW IT !!)

2. Gimme Shelter - San Jose, CA. 4/20/99

Yes, This footage IS taken from the 4th row behind the stage but Mick & Keith spend a lot of their time looking directly at my friend Steve !! I would like to see a BETTER filmed audience recorded video from the San Jose 4/20/99 show of Mick/Keith/Charlie/Ronnie and Lisa on Gimme Shelter ! (I already know it DON'T exist and You WON'T FIND IT !!) GREAT communication between Mick and Charlie as well as Keith and Charlie in this footage. If you want to know "How" the Stones actually work musically, this is it !!

3. Honky Tonk Women - San Jose, CA. 4/20/99

Mick's backstage looks to Charlie during the intro to this is PRICELESS. Remember, this 4/20/99 footage is 4th row backstage so you will DEFINITELY get a close up and "privileged" look of the boys other than the usual "glossed stuff", IMO ! Mick's look to Charlie at the beginning of this conveys, "Oh God !!! DO we have to do THIS again ?!?!" See Mick during the solo mouth the word "FUCK" to Charlie !! (that's how tight the video shots on this are) This was stuff the general audience was simply NOT privy to. Judge for yourself !!!

4. Moonlight Mile - San Jose, CA. 4/20/99

If you were at this show in the first (I'm guessing here) 25 rows (?), center, you will DEFINITELY see yourself in this song or the previous #3 HTW !! See Mick wear his "sparkly Prince jacket" and play a Tele !! (lol :-) See Charlie use mallets instead of his normal "size 2" drumsticks !! I threw this on this video comp. here because it was a "rare" tune and VERY well played and recorded on this video tape that night in San Jose. Which reminds me, (not that I'm suggesting this) THE AUDIO from this video is GOOD ENOUGH to actually burn onto a CD. (Watch someone like Vinyl Gang or Rattlesnake get a copy of this and RIP IT onto a Silver audio CD !! (You "heard" it here and was predicted first !!)

5. Saint Of Me - San Jose, CA. 4/20/99

6. Saint Of Me - Chicago, IL. 4/23/98

(I edited both of these versions together, Get Excited !)

For you girls (or boys) who like Mick's ass wiggling (?) This may be the song for you !! Mick is playing his Gibson Hummingbird acoustic guitar and thus positioned "prominently" in such way that IF you are sitting 4th row CENTER behind him videoing him like my friend Steve was that night, how can you NOT help but notice Mick's...umm, "background features" shaking in Steve's video ?? Again, the people in front of the stage were obviously NOT privy to this "view". For continuity purposes I edited the Chicago IL. 4/23/98 version during the bridge. ("Thought I Heard An Angel Cry" to you non musicians !!) We are now in FRONT of the stage so GET EXCITED !! Tried to make it as seamless as possible. Obviously when you go from back to front it's noticeable. (unless you are TOTALLY loaded ?!?!)

7. You Got The Silver - Chicago, IL. 3/26/99

OK, we've now moved to footage shot by Steve's sister-in-law or cousin (I'm not sure ?) that is probably not in circulation. I can almost GUARANTEE that "Steve's" footage has NEVER been before available until now. The footage that his sister-in-law or cousin shot though I'm only "98.9" percent certain !! (I never met her) As a field test, I asked the TOP THREE Stones video bootleg collectors (privately) "IF" they had any of this footage in their prospective collections already and they ALL THREE told me, "NO" !! The reason I bring this up is that I CAN account for Steve's footage being "RARE". I can't, "100 percent" account for his cousin/sister-in-law's video footage being "absolutely rare" (Though I DO believe it TO BE TRUE). It IS of my opinion that her footage has also NEVER been released. If by some astronomical chance that you have some of her footage already (?) I DON'T want to hear here any "whining" since it's only a couple of tracks that I've included on this com p ! I WOULD though actually like to hear (privately via email) "HOW" you got a hold of this particular footage ? (Don't worry, I'm NOT a "narc", I'm just someone who is "obsessed" with "loose ends" lol :-) Not that it matters now with Steve's death. :-( Bottom line, I don't think she let any of this stuff out of her sight either.

8. Get Off Of My Cloud - Chicago, IL. 3/26/99

Great B-Stage footage ! You can easily see the first 3 or 4 or 5 rows of the B-stage audience. See the Chicago Security force wear their blue staff shirts, cross their arms in front of themselves and look TOTALLY indifferent while being paid to do their jobs ! Great version of Get Off Of My Cloud too by the way. VERY CLEANLY RECORDED too !

9. Midnight Rambler - Chicago, IL. 3/26/99

Same show. When ever I see Keith get handed the Les Paul Junior I get goose bumps because I know "Rambler" is coming up !! See Ronnie fuck around at the beginning doing (IMO) NOTHING !! See people throw roses and bra & panties on stage at Mick ! OK, I lied. This footage shows Ronnie doing really nothing at all but walking around and posing,(a pity). Mick and Keith are fucking on FIRE THOUGH !! Maybe that's why Ronnie felt the need to "hold back" ? GREAT SOUND !!! Charlie's good tonight too ain't he !! Good mix for an audience video bootleg too !!! Watch Mick give Keith "the look" to take it home. See Mick physically push Ronnie HARD at the end of the song. (IMO) conveying, "get out of the fucking way cause you didn't do shit this entire number Ronnie !!" (You be the judge :-) See them walk back from the B stage to the main stage.

10. Little Queenie - Chicago, IL. 4/23/98

Watch them walk over the bridge to the B stage. See Mick in his gold lame' shirt. See Charlie seemed "relieved" when they finally reach the land of the B-stage !! See Keith in his "zebra-stripped" shirt that can't help but remind me of the dude from "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" (do a google search if you need to !!) REALLY NICE close ups of Mick and Keith together and individually during this number. See Charlie Watts motion to Darryl Jones, "I can't hear ANYTHING in my headphones !!" (by the way, I always LOVE Charlie's reactions and gestures !!)

11. I Just Wanna Make Love To You - Chicago, IL. 4/23/98

This may actually be the best stuff on this video ? You can REALLY tell that Mick and Keith and Charlie are getting into it. All of this 4/23/98 footage is really nice and tight video/audio wise too !! No offense but during this footage, Ronnie seems to look like the "odd man out". He spends a lot of time either fucking around or posing or during this song he spends a lot of time stooping down and picking up roses or girls bra's and making faces. ("faces" = no pun intended !) See for yourself ? Seriously though, Mick, Keith, Charlie, and Darryl are playing as if there lives depended on it and as a lifetime Rolling Stones fan I say, "THANK YOU !!" I think this is some of the best stuff on this video !!

12. Like A Rolling Stone - Chicago, IL. 4/23/98

During this number, the house lights come up and you can clearly see at least the first 8 rows of the left of the stage of this number. So if you were there you'll see yourself. Again, Ronnie spends too much time "pointing" and picking up girls bras and making a production out of it. I'm glad Ronnie has finally sobered up enough to PLAY now ! Mick's harp solo is really clear in the mix and video wise there's a total close up of just Mick blowing. (and when I say, "Mick Blowing".......ummm) Greatfully, during almost 99 percent of these numbers, Steve or his family didn't have the typical "drunk concert yeller's" yelling into their camera's and fucking up the audio. Like I said, this audio is clean enough and WILL be bootlegged. (I told you here first !)

13. Brown Sugar - Chicago, IL. 3/26/99

Good footage of the closing of a typical No Security show. I notice again more shots of Mick's ass (from the side of the stage REAL CLOSE) Got to be Steve's sister-in-law shooting this ?! Actually see Bobby Keys playing his solo (so many boots never show Bobby) See Mick lean in towards Charlie as well as Darryl to seemingly tell them "Let's Take It Home". What's funny is that it's about at this point that Keith visibly seems to start warming up and wants to PLAY some more !! (Mick looks like he want's to bail - SURPRISE !!) In this footage you will see (IMO) that at the time Lisa Fischer has a really nice ass !! (just my opinion) See Lisa keep rubbing Ronnie's hair until it produces static electricity ! See Mick give Keith the look like "can we PLEASE end this now and go home" ? Keith finally gives Charlie "the wave" to end the song. CLASSIC STUFF IMO !!!

A friend of mine from here has volunteered to transfer this to DVD for this project !! (THANK YOU)

So I can now offer this as a DVD too. Same Price.

What I need right now is to know IF there are at least 10 interested people who want to help out the Snyder Family with this ?

You can email me here at cardinalfang @ rocksoff.org if you are interested.

Thank You for taking the time to read this.

Later, Cardinal Fang : - )

[Edited by Gazza]
24th March 2004 08:13 PM
Gazza Count me in.

Just to clarify - we normally don't permit sales of unofficial material to be posted here but in this case as Jimmy isn't doing this for personal financial gain and considering the cause, its fine. Plus we can personally vouch for him as a reputable and honest source for distributing it!

Everything about this DVD/video sounds very appetizing and its very reasonably priced. I'd strongly urge as many of you as possible to buy it as it's for a worthy cause as well as the fact it contains some well-filmed and very rare footage
24th March 2004 08:41 PM
mac_daddy Count me in, too.
24th March 2004 08:49 PM
Steel Wheels 20 bucks for a great cause - the family of your best pal. Please count me in.
24th March 2004 09:00 PM
glencar You can count me in Fang & let me know if you need help making DVDs. Nice thing you're doing!
24th March 2004 09:00 PM
parmeda Cardinal...I will gladly join you in your quest.
Please count me in.
24th March 2004 09:06 PM
Martha Absolutely count me in too! What a kind and cool thing of you to do Cardinal Fang. I'm very sorry to learn about the passing of your lifelong friend.

The footage he was able to get sounds fantastic!

I feel blessed today.

24th March 2004 09:35 PM
gypsy Jimmy, count me in as well. I'm very sorry for Kathy. Perhaps we can all think of more ways to help raise more money as well.
24th March 2004 09:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Cont me in too. How can we pay? Do you have a PayPal account?
24th March 2004 10:47 PM
Mr Jimmy Please include me on the list.
24th March 2004 11:45 PM
Gimme Shelter I'm in.
25th March 2004 12:00 AM
AnitaX Sent you an email but will post here as well.

Yes, please, I'd like one also
25th March 2004 01:13 AM
riccardo I wanna join you.Count me in.
25th March 2004 01:43 AM
FPM C10 me too. Are we over the limit yet?
25th March 2004 03:58 AM
West 8 You can count me in as well. Thanks
25th March 2004 04:51 AM
MarthaMyDear Email sent so count me in!!! I'm sorry to hear about this and all my best to you and your friend, Karen, and her family... Take care, nice guy, and take it easy!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (Geminis rule... lol........... HE!!! HE!!! lol....... )
25th March 2004 05:14 AM
Ruby Tuesday I�m in, too.
Mail has bee sent.
25th March 2004 05:37 AM
luxury1 Im in too.

A very thoughtful gesture on your part Jimmy--for both Kathy and the RO Family.
25th March 2004 06:34 AM
shakedhandswithkeith Don`t forget me!!

matthias
25th March 2004 06:57 AM
Nellcote Great Job! You deserve to be thanked for your thoughtfulness. Email sent, thanks!
25th March 2004 07:12 AM
cabledogg2 Count me in $20 is a steal and for a great cause! Just let me know where to send the $$$$$.

[email protected]
25th March 2004 08:58 AM
Riffhard I'm on it doggone it! Count me in Jimmy. How is this gonna work? Check? Money order? Pay Pal?

Riffhard
25th March 2004 09:51 AM
jb Please PM me with address and who check should be made out to.
25th March 2004 09:51 AM
scope I'm in too. You had me hooked after reading the first sentence. Your friend passed away on my birthday. How could I not want to help. I'll send you am email so you can track responses there.

Very nice thing you are doing, and kudus to the board admins for letting this take place.
25th March 2004 10:00 AM
Monkey Woman Count me in too. I'll be glad to help and of course I'll treasure the video.
25th March 2004 11:40 AM
Mikey I'm in and be glad to help. Sorry for you loss....
25th March 2004 01:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot Anything for you Bro.

I'm in if you need me.
25th March 2004 03:20 PM
jpenn11 My condolences

I'm in Please send info

Thanks for letting us help and of course for being so kind

25th March 2004 06:06 PM
Joey

I'm IN because I was AT those '98 , '99 Chicago gigs !!!

.........that 1998 United Center Chicago Performance stands out because up until then the band played mostly Stadiums .

Joey !
25th March 2004 08:04 PM
Phog I was at some of those gigs, too. Count me in.
Page: 1 2 3 4