ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

After party in Buenos Aires, February 23-24, 2006
Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Ronnie Wood Anthology - The Essential Crossexion Email Return to archive
6th June 2006 09:09 AM
Nellcote The Ronnie Wood Anthology - The Essential Crossexion

Release date: 26th June 2006

Ronnie Wood is both a musician and an artist. He says that he picked up a paintbrush before he picked up a guitar. We love him for his guitar though. He is a member of The Rolling Stones, and has been a founding member of many classic British rock outfits, all of which are featured here on this 2 CD career anthology, The Essential Crossexion..

On CD1 you will find a selection of his finest moments from 1974's I've Got My Own album, to 2005's You Strum and I'll Sing - a brand new song never previously released. CD2 brings you a collection of his finest group outings and features The Rolling Stones, The Faces, The Jeff Beck Group and The Creation.

Tracklisting:

CD11. I Can Feel The Fire 2. Cancel Everything 3. Far East Man 4. Big Bayou 5. If You Don't Want My Love 6. 1234 7. Fountain Of Love 8. Seven Days 9. Always Wanted More 10. Breath on Me 11. Somebody Else Might 12. Josephine 13. Testify 14. Whatdd'ya Think 15. This Little Hear 16. Little Mixed Up 17. You Strum and I Sing *

CD2: 1. You're On My Mind - The Birds 2. You Don't Love Me - The Birds 3. No Good Without You Baby - The Birds 4. How Can It Be - The Birds 5. Midway Down - The Creation 6. The Girls Are Naked - The Creation 7. I Ain't Superstitious - Jeff Beck 8. All Shook Up - The Jeff Beck Group 9. Plynth (Water Down The Drain) - The Jeff Beck Group 10. Jailhouse Rock - The Jeff Beck Group 11. Flying - The Faces 12. Gasoline Alley - Rod Stewart 13. Miss Judy's Farm - The Faces 14. Too Bad - The Faces 15. Maggie May - Rod Stewart 16. Stay With Me - The Faces 17. Every Picture Tells A Story - Rod Stewart 18. Ooh La La - The Faces 19. Everything Is Turning To Gold - The Rolling Stone 20. Black Limousine - The Rolling Stones

* previously unreleased.

Some quotes on the great man himself:

Rod Stewart - I have known Ronald Wood for many years and find him to be stout of character and up standing in consequential circumstances. A more up lifting fellow a man could not find to be ones friend throughout life's transmissions. I first met Ronald Wood at a public place where he was performing with a group called the Birds (and) much to me chagrin he was sporting a similar hairstyle to myself and was well proportioned in the proboscis area like myself. We immediately hit it off and went on to be good pals who share a unique sense of humour, which many do not understand. After many unscheduled hindrances we found ourselves frolicking in the Jeff Beck group and then on to the boisterous Faces. Ronald played guitar and bass on my early solo recording efforts, and I must say I would not be in the position today (right of mid field) if it wasn't for his amazing contribution

All things being uneven Ron, you are a wonderfully talented musician a gifted artist and more importantly a proper mate. Love from Rod.

Slash - Ronnie is one of my all time favourite people. As a friend, musician, painter and just an overall great guy to hang out with. I've known him since I was 14 and he's always been that way. One of a fuckin' kind that Ronnie Wood is.

Jools Holland - It's always a privilege to be around when Ronnie starts to make music. When he starts to play the whole room starts to swing and groove. It could be his front room or an enormo-dome stadium. He has the same magical effect. It is something I always look forward to entering the world of planet Ronnie Wood.

The Charlatans - For Mark & Myself, Ronnie's music has been a huge influence... we ripped him off a lot on our 'Up To Our Hips' & 'The Charlatans - self titled' records! To us he is almost the perfect man, his smile, his songs, his style - he is in my opinion the blueprint for every rock star. To sum it up, Ronnie Wood is a remarkable human being, extremely funny, top guitarist, incredible artist - he can throw it all on a canvas & tell it to ya in a song like no one else can. Cheers to him!

Kelly Jones - Stereophonics - Ronnie is a gentleman, an inspiration, and an incredible talent in painting as well as his music and it's a privilege to have worked and laughed with someone as beautiful as him. Long live the Gemini! Kelly

www.ronniewood.com

WICKED PISSAH!!!!

Here's some clips for you to gear up...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fkn5nr_84pA&search=ron%20wood

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D6xGdYxbQsI&search=ron%20wood

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hD7PAetIQb8&search=rod%20stewart

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ei-L_AuuaxI&search=rod%20stewart%20%20

[Edited by Nellcote]
6th June 2006 09:45 AM
gustavobala is a good compilation, but where are from solo works:

take look at the guy
sure the one you need
breaking my heart
we all get old
pricelles
wind howlin through

and the faces have many more good musics to put!
[Edited by gustavobala]
6th June 2006 09:52 AM
Nellcote I'm certain he needed to satisfy the labels he's recored with, as well they would not allow him to put out a 3 disc set. If you have not picked up the 4cd Faces box set, get it today!
6th June 2006 10:00 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think this is good, as we could've expected for a two-disc set. Especially, with the second one. We've got The Birds, The Creation, The Jeff Beck Group, The Faces AND The Stones. I think that’s pretty good!

I already have a Birds compilation and am looking forward to reading what folks here make of them.
6th June 2006 04:45 PM
crb69 I'll add 2 more to the "where is" list:
Buried Alive & Worry No More

classic Woody. I guess if they put all the good ones on there no one wood buy his cd's???

I'm still waiting to hear 1234; never heard it though people tell me I ain't missing much...
[Edited by crb69]
6th June 2006 05:19 PM
Saint Sway I'm glad they're putting this out. He certainly is deserving of a best of package. I cant get enough of Ronnies solo work - and Faces were the absolute most underated R&R band ever.

but how can you put out a Ron Wood tribute without MYSTIFIES ME????

plenty of others you could put on there.... I Cant Stand The Rain, Buried Alive, Act Together, Take A Look At The Guy, Come To Realize, Doctor Says Shes Allright, Show Me...
6th June 2006 07:17 PM
Soldatti Only 2 songs from Gimme Some Neck?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)