ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

After party in Buenos Aires, February 23-24, 2006
Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who Ticket Details-Leeds University 17th June Return to archive
6th June 2006 07:44 AM
Sir Jack Regan This is now up on leedstickets website, for anyone who's interested.

http://www.leedstickets.com/eventinfo/366/The-Who

Tickets go on sale on Friday 9th June at Leeds University students union at 9.00am

No phone/internet sales, personal callers only, limited to 2 per person.

6th June 2006 11:08 AM
gimmekeef Man...the price sure sounds like a "Bargain".....less than $75 US if I guess the currency exchange close....
6th June 2006 05:29 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Man...the price sure sounds like a "Bargain".....less than $75 US if I guess the currency exchange close....

I am so excited that I am typing this with me nipples .
6th June 2006 07:51 PM
Nellcote Joey, keep typing, cause Petey's got new video for you...

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=295&zone=pr
6th June 2006 09:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Joey, keep typing, cause Petey's got new video for you...

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=295&zone=pr

Nellcote ........................

You make Joey giddy
7th June 2006 04:43 AM
Zack Anybody know if this the same place the Who album was made at, or has the uni built a new student union/auditorium in the last 36 years?
7th June 2006 04:57 AM
Hannalee Live at Leeds: how the Who will recreate a legend

Mark Brown, arts correspondent
Wednesday June 7, 2006
The Guardian

It was one of those occasions that if you had been there you could tell the grandchildren about and they really would be impressed - a concert in a dull university refectory that produced arguably the best ever live rock album.
Yesterday the Who officially announced they are going to do it all over again. Live at Leeds was released in 1970 after a barnstorming three-hour concert by the band on Valentine's Day. They played 33 songs, including most of the rock opera Tommy, and several hundred students who could not get in climbed on to the roof. On June 17 the two surviving members of the band, Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, will begin the Who's world tour - including stadiums and festivals - at the 2,000-capacity refectory, cementing the venue's place in rock and roll history.

One of the men behind the concert, the broadcaster Andy Kershaw, was student entertainments secretary at Leeds in the early 80s, and he explained how next week's concert came about. Invited back last year to receive an honorary degree, he was told of plans to put a blue plaque outside the refectory. A chance meeting with the Who's manager, Bill Curbishley, led to Kershaw angling for the plaque to be unveiled by Daltrey and Townshend.
"I said 'while they're up there ...' and I never finished my sentence. He said, yeah, they'll do it.

"It was a benchmark concert, it defined an era of big bands like the Who playing college venues."

Kershaw said he had spoken to Daltrey about the Leeds concert recently. "He has got very, very vivid memories of the original one and he is really excited about coming back to do it again. If they weren't excited about this it wouldn't be happening."

The concert was important in many ways. Q magazine recently hailed the resulting recording as the greatest live album. A bare-chested Daltrey belted out the vocals while Townshend electrified the audience with his Rickenbacker guitar playing - not forgetting one of the greatest drummers in Keith Moon and one of the greatest bassists in John Entwistle, both now dead.

As was the fashion, some of the audience brought cushions to sit on and a piece of string was optimistically trailed in front of the stage to keep band and audience apart.

When the band were sent their £1,000 fee for playing in 1970, they forgot or did not bother to cash the cheque; it was paid again when they returned in the following November.

The refectory became the most celebrated university music venue and played host to legends including Bob Marley and the Wailers, Queen, Santana, the Stranglers and the Smiths.

The concert will be recorded and there are hopes of a 2006 Live at Leeds album.

The Who are to release their first single for nearly 25 years next month - an 11-minute rock opera called Wire & Glass - and the album follows in October.

In true 1970 fashion, the tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis at the university's student union next Friday from 9am. They will not, though, cost 11s 6d (57.5p): this year's price is £37.50.

(about time Andy Kershaw did something to justify his existance. Twat.)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)