ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

After party in Buenos Aires, February 23-24, 2006
Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (SSC) Online hotel bookings, Milan hotels and www.booking.it Return to archive
6th June 2006 02:55 AM
FotiniD So now that I got my tickets, I'm gonna go crazy asking questions - brace yourselves people!

Has anyone here ever tried the sites that offer online hotel bookings at remarkably low prices and with no fees? I'd like to book a double room like this, but I'm a little worried - I don't want any crazy surprises like higher prices than agreed or my credit card stolen (cause they all need credit cards to make the reservation) or arriving in Milan and finding out I got no room

I've been looking at www.booking.it in particular, cause I like the way it sorts the results - finds you hotels near San Siro Has anyone ever tried it? Is it reliable?

And finally, anyone got a good suggestion for a cheap (but not sleazy, lol) hotel near the Meazza? I won't have a car, so I'll need to use means of transport and I don't know how possible this will be once the gig is over, so the closer the better!
6th June 2006 03:02 PM
Gazza generally you'll need a credit card to reserve a room. If youre worried about it being stolen when you're there, make sure you hire a safe for your room and dont take any valuables that youre worried about losing when youre out of your hotel room

I've only been to Milan once and that was for a day trip but the stadium is in the outskirts of the city and as far as I know it has good transport links including a metro which goes out to the San Siro area

I tend to use www.allrez.com when booking hotels. Unlike many hotel booking sites like last minute.com they generally dont have any cancellation fees (unless you cancel at very short notice). I've always found them completely reliable when it comes to prices and also with the room thats booked actually being there when I arrived (which wasnt always the case with some agencies!). Good discount rates too

Just did a google search under "Hotels near San Siro" and got a few sites which should be able to help you out. Cant vouch for how reliable the sites are, but it should be able to point you towards accommodation that isnt too far from the stadium

[Edited by Gazza]
7th June 2006 03:11 AM
FotiniD Thanks a lot Gazza!

Now, anyone know how I'll be able to get back to the hotel once the gig is over? I still haven't picked a hotel, but I need to know if there are buses, subway, taxis etc. after the gig.
[Edited by FotiniD]
7th June 2006 04:44 AM
Gazza all of the above - although if you can get a hotel within walking distance that would be much easier (and with thousands of people on the streets should also be reasonably safe)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)