ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

After party in Buenos Aires, February 23-24, 2006
Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What is this song? Return to archive
5th June 2006 04:53 PM
gnuj A couple of weeks ago I was in a clothing store and the background music they were playing sounded like electronic dance music with Mick Jagger singing it. I don't remember any of the lyrics but they were sort of long songs, like you'd hear in a club, and one of the songs had a tinkly piano background. Does anyone know where I can find these songs?
5th June 2006 04:54 PM
Joey " A couple of weeks ago I was in a clothing store and the background music they were playing sounded like electronic dance music with Mick Jagger singing it. I don't remember any of the lyrics but they were sort of long songs, like you'd hear in a club, and one of the songs had a tinkly piano background. Does anyone know where I can find these songs? "

5th June 2006 04:56 PM
gimmekeef Tinkly piano sound?....hmmmm...Live Licks?
5th June 2006 04:57 PM
Saint Sway sounds like you were lucky to live to tell about this.

under similiar circumstances, many less fortunate die-hards here would of ran screaming head on into traffic
5th June 2006 05:08 PM
gnuj If you cannot help me, why even both posting a reply?
5th June 2006 05:24 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
gnuj wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I was in a clothing store and the background music they were playing sounded like electronic dance music with Mick Jagger singing it. I don't remember any of the lyrics but they were sort of long songs, like you'd hear in a club, and one of the songs had a tinkly piano background. Does anyone know where I can find these songs?

Maybe it was some solo effort like "Just Another Night". I think there were several dance versions of that around. There was also a set of club versions of "Sympathy for the Devil" on iTunes, but I think you would have remembered it that was the song.

SV

5th June 2006 05:27 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
gnuj wrote:
If you cannot help me, why even both posting a reply?

5th June 2006 05:36 PM
gnuj Thank you Sweet Virginia! My other post that said "if you can't help, why bother replying" was for the other two posters. Although I appreciate their wit I really am serious about my question. I had the feeling it was solo Jagger and not the Rolling Stones as a band. I am certain it was Mick Jagger's - he has such a distincive voice. I will look for that song you named!
5th June 2006 05:46 PM
Saint Sway lemme see here.... you were clothes shopping.... background music was electronic dance music you'd hear in a club... tinkly piano...

I think Peer Queer should be able to answer this one for you
5th June 2006 06:03 PM
MrPleasant I still don't know which Jagger bluesy song begins Martin Scorsese's Bringing Out The Dead.
5th June 2006 06:47 PM
Some Guy Goddess in The Doorway- Visions of Paradise.
5th June 2006 06:55 PM
gnuj No, it's not Visions of Paradise, I just listened to that on his website. It seems like there were a lot of repeated lyrics! Very repetitive.
5th June 2006 07:12 PM
egon if it sounded like some club shit,
It could only have been some of the remixed stuff

rain fall down, remixed.
Sympathy, remixed
out of control, remixed.

or otherwise jagger solo:

sweet thing
just another night (that has sort of a piano in it...)
let's work (though that hardly sounds like a club tune)

5th June 2006 09:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
lemme see here.... you were clothes shopping.... background music was electronic dance music you'd hear in a club... tinkly piano...

I think Peer Queer should be able to answer this one for you

alright take it easy....that is twice in a five minute span that I have "chuckled" at a post of yours...is Joey feeding you material or has some of my brilliance rubbed off on you?
6th June 2006 03:08 AM
Zack It must have been Heaven, the only Stones track played on muzak radio stations.
6th June 2006 09:59 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
gnuj wrote:
Thank you Sweet Virginia! My other post that said "if you can't help, why bother replying" was for the other two posters. Although I appreciate their wit I really am serious about my question. I had the feeling it was solo Jagger and not the Rolling Stones as a band. I am certain it was Mick Jagger's - he has such a distincive voice. I will look for that song you named!

Have a listen to "Just Another Night" from Mick's album
"She's the Boss". I think that may be it.

SV

6th June 2006 10:27 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
I still don't know which Jagger bluesy song begins Martin Scorsese's Bringing Out The Dead.

It's Van Morrison. The song is T.B. Sheets.
[Edited by TampabayStone]
6th June 2006 10:31 AM
TampabayStone It could be the remix of To Much Blood or Rock and a Hard Place.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)