ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

After party in Buenos Aires, February 23-24, 2006
Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rejuvanted Keith Richards To Star In Pirates Of The Caribbean Return to archive
3rd June 2006 02:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Rejuvanted Keith Richards To Star In Pirates Of The Caribbean
Co-star confirms appearance....

by Chris Taylor on 6/3/2006
gigwise.com

Keith Richards may have bust his bonce after falling from a coconut tree – but the old trouper’s still going to make a cameo appearance in the new Pirates Of The Caribbean film.

The ageing Rolling Stones guitarist raised fears for his health after suffering the fall in April, but the hardy rocker is jumping back onto his band’s current world tour and completing a promise to star in the latest instalment of the Disney film.

Richards agreed to appear in the third Pirates film after lead star Johnny Depp based his character Jack Sparrow on him.

Tom Hollander, who plays Lord Cutler Beckett, confirms, “We were all worried when we heard about Keith's fall, but we've just heard that he's still going to appear in the film.

"I'm really looking forward to meeting him. I've been in the same room as him before, but sadly at opposite ends."
3rd June 2006 02:34 PM
PeerQueer I heard this very thing about 2 months ago.

Should prove a very cool bonus to an already cool movie!
3rd June 2006 02:54 PM
Gimme Shelter I sure hope it happens
3rd June 2006 03:23 PM
Dan I also hear there is an offer on the table for him to star in Grumpy Old Men part 5 with David Gilmour, Elton John and The Eagles.
4th June 2006 11:45 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
Dan wrote:
I also hear there is an offer on the table for him to star in Grumpy Old Men part 5 with David Gilmour, Elton John and The Eagles.

LOL!!

http://members.aol.com/ShockCin/lovedolls.html

LOVEDOLLS SUPERSTARS (1986).
Looking for one of the greatest music industry movies of the last decade? No, not CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC, you morons (though it's a close call)! It's this home-brewed mind-melter from David Markey--the follow-up to his even-cruder DESPERATE TEENAGE LOVEDOLLS. This time around the satire is sharper, the dialogue more riotous, its targets more pompous and deserving of a kick in the head, and the camera even stays in focus most of the time!...Just in case you missed it, the first film dealt with the ragtag formation of an all-girl band, The Lovedolls (sort of a vomit-rock Go Go's), their trip to the top of the charts, and plummet back into oblivion. As our sequel begins we learn that lead vocalist Kitty Carryall (Jennifer Schwartz) has become a boozy has-been, Alexandria (Cheeta Punkerton) is a Hollywood Boulevard whore, and Patch Kelly (Janet Housden) now leads a commune of burn-outs and has changed her name to Patch Christ. And when they decide to stage a comeback of the notorious Lovedolls, they do it the easy way--by violence, coercion and gang-knifing record company execs. This is solid, broken-bottle-in-the-face satire (one of my favorite types), incorporating great scuzzy locales and loads of abrasive subplots. There are kidnappings by religious pitchmen, an attack by a demonic Gene Simmons doll, suggestions on how to eliminate mindless fans (with a nod to Jim Jones), and even a plot to assassinate Bruce Springsteen (and ain't it about time somebody did?) during a perfect parody of Bruce's/DePalma's ultra-irritating "Dancing in the Dark" video. But the altogether freakiest moments are courtesy of Steve McDonald, who deserves a belated Oscar for his spastically wondrous performance as Rainbow, the twin brother of the Lovedoll's stinkweed ex-manager from the first flick (Remember? The girls killed him). Imagine Crispin Glover stuck in the middle of Billy Jack's Freedom School, complete with wall-to-wall Peace 'N' Love bullshit...Including a cameo by Jello Biafra and music by Redd Kross, Markey has churned out a hate-filled, drug-drenched and completely believable (yeah right) portrait of stardom. I only hope he eventually makes it a trilogy.
4th June 2006 11:48 AM
Jigsaw Puzzle
quote:
Dan wrote:
I also hear there is an offer on the table for him to star in Grumpy Old Men part 5 with David Gilmour, Elton John and The Eagles.

isn't Wyman gonna be in it as well?
4th June 2006 11:51 AM
wintersway
quote:
Jigsaw Puzzle wrote:

isn't Wyman gonna be in it as well?

yeah but then it would have to be called no talent old men
4th June 2006 11:57 AM
MrPleasant I fear that Elton John is a terrible miscast.

"Sometimes when I'm flying over the Alps, I think, 'That's all the cocaine I sniffed'." - Elton John
4th June 2006 12:33 PM
Jigsaw Puzzle Elton John is fat .....
4th June 2006 12:40 PM
MrPleasant Just a cookie mongoloid, lost in a starry-eyed jungle of temptations.

He's gay.
4th June 2006 12:53 PM
Jigsaw Puzzle he wears strange glasses...
[Edited by Jigsaw Puzzle]
4th June 2006 01:04 PM
MrPleasant He's bald.
5th June 2006 08:25 AM
corgi37 Bald? But...but....his hair looks so lush and real!
5th June 2006 09:04 AM
gimmekeef He wore a duck costume on stage for chrissakes!...He gets knighted and Charlie isnt?...Reggie's a dipstick...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)