ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

After party in Buenos Aires, February 23-24, 2006
Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bravo Canada!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd June 2006 12:30 PM
Nellcote By BETH DUFF-BROWN
Associated Press Writer

TORONTO

Seventeen Canadian residents were in custody Saturday on terrorism- related charges, including plots to use explosives in attacks on Canadian soil, authorities said.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said they arrested 12 male adults and five youth and foiled plans for terrorist attacks against targets in southern Ontario.

Officials showed evidence of bomb making materials, a computer hard drive, camouflage uniforms and what appears to be a door with bullet holes in it at a news conference Saturday morning.

"This group took steps to acquire three tons of ammonium nitrate and other components necessary to create explosive devices," said assistant Royal Canadian Mounted Police commissioner Mike McDonell said.

McDonell said that is three times the amount used to blow up the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

The arrests were made Friday, with some 400 officers involved.

McDonell said the suspects were either citizens or residents of Canada and had trained together.

"The men arrested yesterday are Canadian residents from a variety of backgrounds. For various reasons they appeared to have become adherents of a violent ideology inspired by al-Qaida," said Luc Portelance, the assistant director of operations with CSIS _ Canada's spy agency.

Heavily armed police officers ringed the Durham Regional Police Station in the city of Pickering, just east of Toronto, as the suspects were brought in late Friday night in unmarked cars which were drove into an underground garage.

The Toronto Star reported Saturday that Canadian youths in their teens and 20s, upset at the treatment of Muslims worldwide, were among those arrested.

The newspaper said they had trained at a camp north of Toronto and had plotted to attack CSIS's downtown office near the CN Tower, among other targets.

Melisa Leclerc, a spokeswoman for the federal Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day, had no comment on the arrests.

In March 2004, Ottawa software developer Mohammad Momin Khawaja became the first Canadian charged under the country's Anti-Terrorism Act for alleged activities in Ottawa and London. Khawaja was also named, but not charged, in British for playing a role in a foiled bomb plot. He is being held in an Ottawa detention center, awaiting trial.

The Canadian anti-terrorism law was passed swiftly following the Sept. 11 assaults, particularly after Osama bin-Laden's named Canada one of five so-called Christian nations that should be targeted for acts of terror. The others, reaffirmed in 2004 by his al-Qaida network, were the United States, Britain, Spain and Australian, all of which have been victims of terrorist attacks.

The anti-terrorism law permits the government to brand individuals and organizations as terrorists and gives police the power to make preventive arrests of people suspected of planning a terrorist attack.

Though many view Canada as an unassuming neutral nation that has skirted terrorist attacks, it has suffered its share of aggression, including the 1985 Air India bombing, in which 329 people were killed, most of them Canadian citizens.

Intelligence officials believe at least 50 terror groups now have some presence in the North American nation and have long complained that the country's immigration laws and border security are too weak to weed out potential terrorists.

Continue the Hunt Against Terror, such losers should not be tolerated!
3rd June 2006 01:32 PM
mickmask GO CANADA!
[Edited by mickmask]
3rd June 2006 02:51 PM
Riffhard So let me get this straight. Canada just stopped a certain terrorist attack upon it's soil from a group seventeen Islamofucks by tapping their phones and monitoring their internet activities,right? Great!

Sounds like we should be doing the same exact thing here. Surely nobody would be idiotic enough to argue against such tactics on stopping the same kind of attacks from Islamofucks here is the States?

Riffy
3rd June 2006 02:56 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Sounds like we should be doing the same exact thing here. Surely nobody would be idiotic enough to argue against such tactics on stopping the same kind of attacks from Islamofucks here is the States?

Only an idiot would argue that the end justifies the means. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Not that yours are anything other than unAmerican.

3rd June 2006 03:12 PM
nankerphelge Only a horse's ass would suggest that law enforcement should turn a blind eye and let these criminals do whatever they want.

lotsajizz getting ready to expound on anything.
3rd June 2006 03:25 PM
telecaster
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Only a horse's ass would suggest that law enforcement should turn a blind eye and let these criminals do whatever they want.

lotsajizz getting ready to expound on anything.

Jizzy would rather have tens of thousands killed, the Canadian Parliment, CN Tower and "other heavily populated areas" destroyed (which is what they were planning to do) insteading of offending 17 terrorists by preventing them from doing that

And he wonders why fringes groups he is a part of control zero in this country
[Edited by telecaster]
3rd June 2006 03:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Only an idiot would argue that the end justifies the means. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Not that yours are anything other than unAmerican.

Well, alot of people are ready to roll over for the Bush administration. Rights for Security and all that. It couldn't have been planned better. Welcome to 1984.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
3rd June 2006 03:30 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Jizzy please Google Escalon/Clinton and get back to me. While your at it read up on the history of Lincoln's monitoring of suspected Southern sympathizers. I guess Lincoln was not really that American though in your book,huh? Please also take note of the lengths that that Democrat demigod FDR pulled during WWII. I guess his was nothing other than unAmerican though,huh?

Oh yeah,and after you read about how Clinton was actually tapping the private calls of tens of millions of Americans and recording their finacial transactions via the Ecshalon program you could explain how he sizes up in your estimation of a true blue patriot.

Riffy
3rd June 2006 03:38 PM
nankerphelge While George Orwell may have envisioned "big brother," he probably never envisioned all of us with computers on the Internet.

Fact is, we all invited big brother in and made him real comfy!

3rd June 2006 06:02 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Fact is, we all invited big brother in and made him real comfy!

yeah, riffy and tele want to blow him

and then they'll thank him

Decency, security, and liberty alike demand that government officials shall be subjected to the same rules of conduct that are commands to the citizen. In a government of laws, existence of the government will be imperiled if it fails to observe the law scrupulously. Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means-to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal-would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this Nation should resolutely set its face.

a nation that gives up its liberty for its security deserves neither

[Edited by lotsajizz]
3rd June 2006 07:24 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

yeah, riffy and tele want to blow him

and then they'll thank him

Decency, security, and liberty alike demand that government officials shall be subjected to the same rules of conduct that are commands to the citizen. In a government of laws, existence of the government will be imperiled if it fails to observe the law scrupulously. Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means-to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal-would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this Nation should resolutely set its face.

a nation that gives up its liberty for its security deserves neither

[Edited by lotsajizz]

Yeah,ok Jizzy. Now please get back to me with your explanations about Project Eschalon under the Clinton Admin,and Lincoln's activities throughout the Civil War with regards to this subject,and then of course the granddaddy of them all FDR's WWII actions. Is it only because this involves Bush? Or is it because you don't think we are in a time of war? In other words,why the double standard? Where was your outrage when Clinton was doing far far far far more illegal activities?!?!? Clinton ordered the spying and phone tapping(and tapeing) of tens of millions of Americans while examining thier finacial transactions as well?!?!? Where the fuck was Nancy Pelosie's indignation then? Where was the call for censure?

Stupid fucking argument! And you claim that I erect strawmen! LOL!

"The Constituion is not a suicide pact."-Abraham Lincoln

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
3rd June 2006 07:38 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Yeah,ok Jizzy. Now please get back to me with your explanations about Project Eschalon under the Clinton Admin,and Lincoln's activities throughout the Civil War with regards to this subject

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]

people like you, those who value Order above all, enabled the Nazis and the Soviets...and now the right wing Christian zealots who wish to pervert this once great nation

nice try, riffy...no one appointed you my interrogator ...answer your own questions

but to humor your communist tendencies I will point out that all you cite were examples of unAmerican behavior ....especially FDR and the Americans of Japanese descent in WW2

if you think you can trade freedom for security than you are even more stupid than your posts let on....

btw, FPM and others have tried...do you still fail to understand what is meant by a 'strawman'...or are you just deliberately dense?

just wonderin'

OK now

[Edited by lotsajizz]
[Edited by lotsajizz]
3rd June 2006 07:46 PM
taz22 I am a proud Canadian...proud that my government and the rcmp for sniffing this bastards out!
3rd June 2006 07:48 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
taz22 wrote:
I am a proud Canadian...proud that my government and the rcmp for sniffing this bastards out!

You should be -- they did a good job. But follow this thread and see how the Soviet sympathizers like Tele and Riffy wished to hold it up as some sort of example to deprive further Liberties....

the end NEVER justifies the means

3rd June 2006 08:00 PM
Riffhard Jizzy I know exactly what is meant by the term strawman,but thanks for the condesention as always. The point is that you,like everyone else here,can see that Canada has stopped a massive terror plot and then in the very next breath seem to say that we in the USA should not employ the same intel abilities to stop them here. This is why your type are not trusted with the defense of the nation. How quick were the liberals to blast Bush for "not connecting the dots"?! But God forbid we allow them to do just that?!

I was not trying to interogate you,by the way. I was just pointing out that in times of war these things legally happen all the time. Unless,of course,your name is Clinton. Then you can illegally spy on your own citizens all you want and liberals won't say shit about it. If your name is Bush(or any name with an "R" following it),then all bets are off time of war or not! Your sidesteping of the question is very telling.

Again I quote Abraham Licoln-"The Constitution is not a suicide pact."

Riffy
3rd June 2006 08:05 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Again I quote Abraham Licoln-"The Constitution is not a suicide pact."

Riffy

Yes it is...better to die a free man than to live as a slave. But I'm sick tonight and my heart is not in this fight which I know you were looking forward to when you threw out the bait early on in this thread. So bash me in a few more posts and I'll respond some other time when the vitamins and cold remedies (Black Bush) kick in.

Best,
Sean
3rd June 2006 08:10 PM
Riffhard Feel better Jizzy. We will knock it about later. I'm going to watch a movie with my kids.

Rify
3rd June 2006 08:13 PM
hellobeatle that's it... I'm moving to Canada, they actually know what they're doing...
3rd June 2006 08:15 PM
telecaster
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

You should be -- they did a good job. But follow this thread and see how the Soviet sympathizers like Tele and Riffy wished to hold it up as some sort of example to deprive further Liberties....

the end NEVER justifies the means

This coming from the idiot that claims Neville Chamberlain, the spineless leader of the 20th Century, was some kind of hero

Fucking moron

Glad to know you wanted 10,000 Canadians to die and have the Canadian Parliment blown up and the Canadian economy thrown into a massive decline

All because your friends and fellow travelers, the 17 terrorists are inconvenienced

Good to know that you and Bin Laden are mad the 17 terrorists were caught before they could kill ten's of thousand

Nice company you keep

You are such a pussy you wouldn't even defend your own home or family if you had to

Get back to us and tell the board one office in this country you freaks, not Dems but the freaks that you follow control.

You criticize everything, offer nothing, and control nothing

And never will

I think the phrase is "loser"

3rd June 2006 08:19 PM
lotsajizz 301 MetroCenter Boulevard, #102, Warwick Rhode Island you friggin' coward Tele---any time, you wimp...show up if you got the balls...or are you just talk?
3rd June 2006 08:20 PM
hellobeatle
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Glad to know you wanted 10,000 Canadians to die and have the Canadian Parliment blown up and the Canadian economy thrown into a massive decline

Believe it or not, I study political science, and if Canada were to go down, we'd be screwed... 90% of our trade is with them and being affiliated with Canada helps out our poor relations with alot of other countries...

Not to say they are not benefiting from us... but I regress
3rd June 2006 08:44 PM
Taptrick

Anybody here know what Roosevelt did with the Nazi spies that entered the US via Florida during World War II?

3rd June 2006 08:45 PM
Maxlugar [quote]lotsajizz wrote:

LOL! You stupid freak.
3rd June 2006 11:47 PM
backofmyhand Last Monday the people of Toronto did not have public transportation as the TTC workers held an unannounced work stoppage.

This struck me as highly unusual because they have always given ample notice of a pending work stoppage and, not to mention, it is very much against the law and would result in a lot of people losing their jobs. My question, in light of yesterdays arrests.... was there a definite threat to the transit system in Toronto on Monday?
Was this work stoppage arranged in order to prevent casualties and prevent panic? As far as I know, no one has been reprimanded for the work stoppage.

If this is the case then hats off again to the Canadian officials.
4th June 2006 03:16 AM
Monkey Woman Funnily enough, these new Canadian anti-terrorist laws sound just like what we have had in France for years. Having had, unfortunately, our share of terrorist attacks from several sides (Corsicans, Basques, even Bretons in the '70s, then Armenian, pro-Palestinians, radical Algerian islamists...), we developped just that kind of legislation, enabling for instance a judge to greenlight police tapping the phone of suspects withs links to persons or groups already known for terrorist activities. This doesn't mean anybody with an Arab name, mind you, and (normally) only by a judge's decision, not the police's own. But a person can be suspect simply by being part of a group with violent activities, even if that person didn't take part in these.

Which shows, IMO, that "taking sides" is not simple. You can be strongly critical of Bush's policies, and still not be laxist or blind to terrorist activities. Well, we all know life is never as simple as we wish it to be, don't we?
4th June 2006 03:36 AM
munky I'll put $100 on Lotsajizz to wipe the floor with Telecaster. Tele's childish name calling leads me to believe he's all talk.
4th June 2006 06:42 AM
Jumping Jack The end doesn’t justify the means? What a pile of hypocritical crap that is. Democrats are willing to jeopardize the security of hundreds of thousands with their irresponsible and radical rantings merely to gain power so they can redistribute wealth to the trial lawyers in the US. They are the first to block solutions to all problems (security, tax reform, tort reform, immigration, energy, etc.) and then the first to complain about the problems they have created while blaming others. Thankfully, once the far left loses another election the Democratic party will come to their senses and come back to the middle while the bomb throwing anarchists are marginalized.

Kudos to Canada for follwing up on the leads created from the bust of the GA Tech students several months back. Lets hope our Canadian friends go further and tighten their immigration policies so they are not a haven for these Islamofascists.
4th June 2006 07:05 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

LOL! You stupid freak.

you're "special" all right

same challenge to you as to telecoward...your bluff is called, you think I'm a wimp...come see me and let's "discuss" it, Maxloser. My experience is most of you unAmerican types are all talk and actually cowards--come on, prove me wrong!!

4th June 2006 08:22 AM
stonedinaustralia man o man

you'd love it if some people knew what they were talking about

am i wrong if i say this - the rule of law is the benchmark, isn't that what we are fighting the "war" for after all... or is it just some grubby exercise in survival to ensure your section of the gene pool dominates

"islamo fascists" are a creation of the liberal media

for the most part they are just ratbags whose behaviour is on par with the crazed and criminal whose actions are now being extrapolated onto a wider (more black and white, more populist)screen ...witness the perpetrators in Canadain

Osama is the 21st century Vandal .. in the old and the new sense of the word and if you don't know what i mean, look it up ( i don't provide links but refer you to a reputable dictionary - oxford or webters for mine)

and because of him the (oil?) pumps don't work...cos he took the handles

re the big brother issue , in a sense it's only inevitable, we are all driven by technology and if you think the number of laws under which we live and the amount of information available to anyone is going to do anything but increase,well...you do the math ... i meam imagine telling sone one in 1877 all about tapping telephone wires... they would think you were mad

4th June 2006 08:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
re the big brother issue , in a sense it's only inevitable, we are all driven by technology and if you think the number of laws under which we live and the amount of information available to anyone is going to do anything but increase,well...you do the math ... i meam imagine telling sone one in 1877 all about tapping telephone wires... they would think you were mad

That's it...I'm moving!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)