ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

After party in Buenos Aires, February 23-24, 2006
Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What about a return to the States?? Return to archive
2nd June 2006 04:10 PM
keefkid ahhhhhhh now that that have announced some things for Europe and it looks like some shows wont go on until 2007, they still have Sept & Oct open, what do ya think the chances are the rumored fall tour might come to be??

im thinking pretty good...
2nd June 2006 04:12 PM
Dan Since the European tour is ending a few days later than planned, I think its because they wanted to continue the tour here.
2nd June 2006 04:13 PM
pdog This tour will end sometime in 2007... My only hope is Keith isn't going to become like Ozzy on us!
2nd June 2006 04:18 PM
keefkid haaa ... ozzy... i love ozzy

and since they took him off all the meds, he really is ok...

but ya that is what i am thinking, they will be back in US or else they would have scheduled some of the Europe shows in Sept...but i did read somethings about weather, football, etc that would conflict with them scheduling Europe at that time so...

wtf knows...im just hoping
2nd June 2006 09:42 PM
Soldatti A US tour in March/April 2007 is almost sure by now.
2nd June 2006 10:13 PM
mrhipfl These guys are UNSTOPPABLE!
4th June 2006 03:38 PM
F505
quote:
Dan wrote:
Since the European tour is ending a few days later than planned, I think its because they wanted to continue the tour here.

A very bad idea because there are plenty of European shows postponed remember? My suggestion: play these postponed shows (Barcelona, Madrid, Brussel, Athens etcetera) in september. Don't you think that's fair?
4th June 2006 03:47 PM
Dan
quote:
F505 wrote:
A very bad idea because there are plenty of European shows postponed remember? My suggestion: play these postponed shows (Barcelona, Madrid, Brussel, Athens etcetera) in september. Don't you think that's fair?

Who cares whats fair? Its all about what brings home the bacon.
4th June 2006 04:08 PM
egon I want my Barca!
4th June 2006 04:12 PM
F505
quote:
Dan wrote:

Who cares whats fair? Its all about what brings home the bacon.

I care because I live in Europe.
4th June 2006 04:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
A US tour in March/April 2007 is almost sure by now.

doubt it. The fact that the Euro tour ends on Sept 3 (only 5 days later than scheduled) would suggest their plans to tour the US in the autumn will not be affected. No doubt plans for those US shows are well advanced

Had they rescheduled the European shows to sept/oct and postponed the US to next year, that would mean changing plans for about 35 shows instead of about 12

Much less hassle to postpone some European shows for a year (and add some more in major markets that will support it) then to postpone a US tour and some Asian ones too.

I think they'll play at least 20 shows in Europe next summer to finish the tour. They wont be putting the band into mothballs for six months just to play ten or eleven stadium shows next summer. What they'll do between December and June is another matter though.
4th June 2006 04:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
F505 wrote:

Fair - yes. Practical - no.

By restricting the European tour exclusively to stadiums and having everything on a huge scale, it limits their options for rescheduling any shows at short notice. In most countries in Europe, the football fixtures for the new season wouldnt be known yet, so its too early to confirm availability of most of the stadiums they would be wanting to use in September/October.

At the end of it all, we are going to get two European tours instead of one. More shows to get to, more time to plan and save for them - and you can bet that there will be extra shows next summer in major European markets like Germany, Holland, England as well as those that are already going to be rescheduled - plus theres no World Cup to affect the ticket sales.

Its an inconvenience of course for those who had tickets only for shows that have been postponed for a year but no solution was going to please everyone. In the end, its a win-win scenario for most of us. I was convinced Glasgow this year would be my last Stones show of the tour, and probably ever - now I get another shot next year.
4th June 2006 04:51 PM
Joey
quote:
keefkid wrote:
ahhhhhhh now that that have announced some things for Europe and it looks like some shows wont go on until 2007, they still have Sept & Oct open, what do ya think the chances are the rumored fall tour might come to be??

im thinking pretty good...

The upcoming one hundred and fifty - four date ' Mini - Tour ' of the United States shall NOT be affected and will roll forward as previously scheduled . Word . Now Hug Me .

Jacky !
5th June 2006 03:05 PM
Saint Sway so far the fall tour is shaping up to be a heartfelt "thank you" to the US fans as it looks like they will be playing in some of the Football Stadiums that they only get to play in once or twice each tour.

I've heard that all fans that purchase the "Another Bigger Bang/Fall Tour" Fan Club membership will be eligable to purchase a wireless interenet/long distance/cable service package from Sprint. Each Sprint combo package that you purchase with an American Express Gold Card will come with a special promo code that will allow fans access to a special pre-sale to $1000 Golden Circle tickets. Pre-sale dates begin in June.
5th June 2006 03:12 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

The upcoming one hundred and fifty - four date ' Mini - Tour ' of the United States shall NOT be affected and will roll forward as previously scheduled . Word . Now Hug Me .

Jacky !

you need a slap!!
5th June 2006 09:40 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
doubt it. The fact that the Euro tour ends on Sept 3 (only 5 days later than scheduled) would suggest their plans to tour the US in the autumn will not be affected. No doubt plans for those US shows are well advanced

Had they rescheduled the European shows to sept/oct and postponed the US to next year, that would mean changing plans for about 35 shows instead of about 12

Much less hassle to postpone some European shows for a year (and add some more in major markets that will support it) then to postpone a US tour and some Asian ones too.

I think they'll play at least 20 shows in Europe next summer to finish the tour. They wont be putting the band into mothballs for six months just to play ten or eleven stadium shows next summer. What they'll do between December and June is another matter though.

From this point if view is true, they won't stop 6 months to play 20 shows next year.
5th June 2006 10:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

From this point if view is true, they won't stop 6 months to play 20 shows next year.

It all depends on what kind of profitable guarantees that the Brilliant Cohls can come up with (all hail Young Jacob).

We (jb and myself) have been pushing for higher ticket prices and a year off will give them time to adjust their ticket prices up to "adjust for cost of living increases". This has the scent of pure genius all over it!
5th June 2006 11:09 PM
Altamont
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

It all depends on what kind of profitable guarantees that the Brilliant Cohls can come up with (all hail Young Jacob).

We (jb and myself) have been pushing for higher ticket prices and a year off will give them time to adjust their ticket prices up to "adjust for cost of living increases". This has the scent of pure genius all over it!

The Cohls laugh at you and call you "doodoopug".
5th June 2006 11:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Altamont wrote:

The Cohls laugh at you and call you "doodoopug".

they love me as they count on my sizeable financial contribution each tour!
5th June 2006 11:21 PM
Altamont
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

they love me as they count on my sizeable financial contribution each tour!

You are the caped crusader that makes dreams come true. A new super hero?
6th June 2006 12:09 AM
pdog Is The Alan Parsons Project Touring?
6th June 2006 11:08 AM
Joey " you need a slap!!"

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)