ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

After party in Buenos Aires, February 23-24, 2006
Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith says sorry Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd June 2006 07:12 AM
Daethgod Rolling Stones reschedule tour
From correspondents in London
02jun06

THE Rolling Stones rescheduled their European concert tour today after injured guitarist Keith Richards apologised for "falling off my perch" while holidaying in Fiji.

Richards' fall – he was flown to New Zealand to undergo surgery for a head injury after tumbling from a palm tree – forced the ageing rockers to postpone the tour which they were due to start in Barcelona, Spain last month.

"Excuse me. I fell off my perch. Sorry to disrupt everyone's plans but now it's full steam ahead. Ouch," the 62-year-old Richards sai.

The European tour will now start in Milan on July 11 and end in Horsens, Denmark on September 3.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19343684%255E1702,00.html
2nd June 2006 07:59 AM
corgi37 Doesnt sound like he's sorry at all.
2nd June 2006 08:20 AM
FotiniD
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Doesnt sound like he's sorry at all.

What would you have him do Corgi, videotape himself on his knees begging for forgiveness?

Don't forget we're talking about people who've lived all their lives like a bunch of 15-year-olds. I like his "apology". Apology accepted, what more can I say. Accidents happen.

Like Gazza said, he's a charming old bastard. I'm certainly not one who can resist this
2nd June 2006 08:23 AM
Jumping Jack Shithappens, on with the show!!!
2nd June 2006 08:33 AM
Some Guy all is forgiven.
2nd June 2006 09:21 AM
GotToRollMe It's okay, sweetie, we all fall off our perches sometimes. Come on up and see me sometime and I'll forgive you in person.
2nd June 2006 09:23 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well I don't accept.

Here is what Mr. Richards needs to do to make it up to me:

I get an all expenses paid, first class/5 star trip to Amsterdam for the Stones gigs. Front row tix & backstage passes to the shows. Full access for me and my camera/video. And all the merch that I can carry in a large softsided suitcase. And I get to sing with Blondie, Bernard, and Lisa onstage during the shows. And some guitars, I get some guitars too.

If Keef can make that happen for me, I will forgive him.
2nd June 2006 09:28 AM
FotiniD
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
It's okay, sweetie, we all fall off our perches sometimes. Come on up and see me sometime and I'll forgive you in person.

Now, THAT I hadn't thought of

Yeah, Sir Stonesalot's forgiveness terms are good, but I'll take GotToRollMe's anytime
2nd June 2006 09:36 AM
Nellcote Please light da spliff mon, bring praise to Jah dat Lord Richards is coming down from da mountain..

Blast dis from late 70's in praise of heem...

The Harder They Come

Well they tell me of a pie up in the sky
Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you're born and when you die
They never seem to hear even your cry

CHORUS:
So as sure as the sun will shine
I'm gonna get my share now of what's mine
And then the harder they come the harder they'll fall, one and all
Ooh the harder they come the harder they'll fall, one and all

Well the officers are trying to keep me down
Trying to drive me underground
And they think that they have got the battle won
I say forgive them Lord, they know not what they've done

CHORUS

ooh yeah oh yeah woh yeah ooooh

And I keep on fighting for the things I want
Though I know that when you're dead you can't
But I'd rather be a free man in my grave
Than living as a puppet or a slave

CHORUS

Yeah, the harder they come, the harder they'll fall one and all
What I say now, what I say now, awww
What I say now, what I say one time
The harder they come the harder they'll fall one and all
Ooh the harder they come the harder they'll fall one and all

2nd June 2006 09:57 AM
keefkid
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Well I don't accept.

Here is what Mr. Richards needs to do to make it up to me:

I get an all expenses paid, first class/5 star trip to Amsterdam for the Stones gigs. Front row tix & backstage passes to the shows. Full access for me and my camera/video. And all the merch that I can carry in a large softsided suitcase. And I get to sing with Blondie, Bernard, and Lisa onstage during the shows. And some guitars, I get some guitars too.

If Keef can make that happen for me, I will forgive him.

ya you and about 5 million other fans... dont hold yer breath haaaaaaa
2nd June 2006 10:08 AM
Sir Stonesalot Those other 4,999,999 can get in line behind me. I have dibs first.

I will commence breath holding......NOW!

.........GASP!

Fuck, that's hard!

OK, I will PRETEND to hold my breath starting NOW!
2nd June 2006 10:24 AM
Saint Sway he could make it up to me by getting his mojo back on and playing some loud and filthy riffs

2nd June 2006 11:18 AM
Joey

< ---- all is forgiven

Amen Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji .... Oh , Lil' fiji )

JJJJJJJJ Kins !
2nd June 2006 11:25 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
he could make it up to me by getting his mojo back on and playing some loud and filthy riffs

Yeah, hopefully the whack to the head makes him remember how to play guitar and forget how to gesture and bow on the floor.
2nd June 2006 01:14 PM
LSTNT "I get an all expenses paid, first class/5 star trip to Amsterdam for the Stones gigs. Front row tix & backstage passes to the shows. Full access for me and my camera/video. And all the merch that I can carry in a large softsided suitcase. And I get to sing with Blondie, Bernard, and Lisa onstage during the shows. And some guitars, I get some guitars too"

No problem, I got that for the entire US Tour, just close your eyes and have pleasant dreams.

2nd June 2006 02:48 PM
MrPleasant Yeah, he better be sorry. I just puked in my carpet.
2nd June 2006 03:02 PM
Joey
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Yeah, he better be sorry. I just puked in my carpet.

I just crapped me trousers .... AGAIN !

Flacky !
2nd June 2006 03:04 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I get an all expenses paid, first class/5 star trip to Amsterdam for the Stones gigs. Front row tix & backstage passes to the shows.

Too bad there's only one gig now, and we don't do tickets per row in most European countries.

Ah, it all sucks. BUT, I'll still get to see them one time next month
2nd June 2006 03:07 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Too bad there's only one gig now, and we don't do tickets per row in most European countries.

Ah, it all sucks. BUT, I'll still get to see them one time next month

Hello Angiegirl

I am very sorry to hear that the tour is over .......

Luckily , the band plans to perform in the States once again this fall during their upcoming one hundred and thirty - five date ' mini - tour ' encompassing many new arenas that recently opened in the Midwestern part of the nation .

|
|
V

www.QwestCenter.com
2nd June 2006 03:34 PM
Angiegirl You'll get Omaha'd, just like we did and will.
2nd June 2006 03:40 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
You'll get Omaha'd, just like we did and will.

You make Joey smile
2nd June 2006 04:07 PM
Angiegirl I like making people smile, and you made me smile. We're one big happy family!

But you're still gonna get Omaha'd.

2nd June 2006 04:28 PM
Joey " But you're still gonna get Omaha'd."
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2180719

" Roger Dixon, president of the Metropolitan Entertainment and Convention Authority, shows off work on the new arena seating at Qwest Center Omaha. The project will add 1,472 seats, bringing concert seating to 18,300.

Hawkins Construction is taking a break on work to add 1,472 seats to the north end of the arena because of two events.

The Women of Faith conference this weekend is expected to attract 12,000 people to the arena. The Ringling Bros. Circus comes to town for seven performances June 8 through June 11.

The construction crews return June 13 to finish the job of adding the seats and much more.

The project will open up the north side of the upper deck with more concessions and restrooms that are expected to relieve some congestion in concourse areas. A new scoreboard will go up, and video ribbon panels will be added on both the north and south end decking.

Already, 77 tons of structural steel has been used on the project.

Roger Dixon, president of the Metropolitan Entertainment and Convention Authority, said the additional seats will make Omaha more competitive for concerts and sporting events in the face of new arenas in Des Moines and Kansas City.

"This makes us more attractive to future NCAA events," Dixon said. MECA runs the Qwest Center.

The arena has landed first-round men's basketball, women's final four volleyball and the wrestling championship. Dixon said the additional seats put the city in better position to land the NCAA Frozen Four in hockey, the 2010 or 2011 Big 12 basketball tournament and, possibly, the Missouri Valley Conference basketball tournament.

The additional seats would have been used for past Shania Twain and Prince concerts, which were performed in the round, and at least two sold-out Creighton Bluejays basketball games.

Creighton is prepared to sell the seats over the student section after they are in place and numbered when the project is completed Sept. 8.

With the additional seats, Dixon said, the arena will handle 18,300 for concerts set in the middle of the floor, 17,500 for basketball and 16,500 for hockey.

The summer shutdown did cost the arena a Sheryl Crow appearance and, probably, a Bruce Springsteen concert. Dixon hasn't given up on Springsteen, hoping Omaha can land the rock superstar for a future event with his full E Street Band.

As of now, the first big event scheduled for the expanded arena is the Dixie Chicks on Sept. 23."

2nd June 2006 09:48 PM
Soldatti Keith's a crazy bastard, god bless him.
3rd June 2006 08:40 AM
corgi37 After watching that vid of Charlie dancing, i dont give a fuck about anything else in the Stones world.

Keef can fall out of the Hindenburg for all i care.
3rd June 2006 11:56 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Someone posted here her/his first post to insult a regular, in this particular case Sir Stonesalot. She/he was banned by IP... remember: insults are not allowed in the first post LOL, please wait till you reach 300,000 posts to do it but please get approval from the three of us first
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
3rd June 2006 12:05 PM
MissJaneDoe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Someone posted here her/his first post to a regular in this particular case Sir Stonesalot. She/he was banned by IP... remember: insults are not allowed in the first post LOL, please wait till you reach 300,000 posts to do it but please get approval from the three of us first

Did you delete their post? Wow, not only banned but deleted as well!

How do you that Sir Stonesalot wasn't asking for it?
3rd June 2006 12:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot Wow...someone's first post was a flame at me???

COOL!

I must be doing something right!
3rd June 2006 12:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Fuck you Sir, will ya?
3rd June 2006 12:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
MissJaneDoe wrote:

Did you delete their post? Wow, not only banned but deleted as well!

How do you that Sir Stonesalot wasn't asking for it?

No, but that person was not exactly a "first poster" but a regular with criminal records here.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)