ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Live Debut for Jumping Jack Flash
New Musical Express Pollwinners Concert.
Empire Pool, Wembley - London 12th May 1968
Last live performance with Brian in front of public audience

The Daily Mirror Collection
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mickboys Sticky Fingers Return to archive
06-06-03 11:46 PM
full moon Anyone get this yet?? What extra tracks has Mickboy included? How is it? Thanks alot....
06-07-03 12:14 AM
fmk438j I don't have the art so can't give you the specifics, but the add ons are Cocksucker Blues (the slower version), Alternate Sway, Brown Sugar with EC, Alt. Sister Morphine, Alt. Wild Horses, Licks CYHMK.

I haven't listened to it through so I can't really give a review.

daniel
06-07-03 03:50 AM
mac_daddy is this Tastes So Good?

I heard this was on hold for some reason...
06-07-03 06:20 AM
FM Haven't heard it myself but it's definitely out there.

I know someone who has it.

Fraser
06-07-03 11:51 AM
throbby I've got a copy of Tastes Sooo Good. On headphones at a lower volume or on the car stereo it's not too bad, very easy to pick the individual instruments out. Played through a nice sound system it is quite bass heavy which at points muddies everything up. At times the sound is good and at others I get a sense of overload or distortion. I will say it has the best version of CS Blues I've ever heard although with some vinyl pops and clicks.

I do tip my hat to Mickboy for his labor of love in putting out his remasters, a great friend to the fans.

I've just heard another remaster of SF that quite frankly puts this one to shame. It also puts the Virgin release I have to shame.
06-07-03 06:05 PM
Slick Throbby:
What is this remaster of SF that puts all others to shame and how can I get a copy of it?
06-07-03 06:36 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
throbby wrote:
I've just heard another remaster of SF that quite frankly puts this one to shame. It also puts the Virgin release I have to shame.

are you open to trades?
06-07-03 10:25 PM
FM >are you open to trades?

LOL - was watching Sex and the City last week -
"I'm open to ANYTHING"

Don't have these disks to trade, but this quote brought back a lot of good memories from that Sex and the City Episode :-)

Fraser
06-08-03 11:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot I like Mickboy's remasters...but the key is the bonus tracks. The album tracks are the album tracks, you know? But it's the bonus cuts that make the thing.

Mickboy always seems to find the absolute best quality versions of the extra tracks...hell, he even made one of those shitty magazine type flexi-discs sound decent.
06-09-03 05:16 AM
MRD8 The best extra on Tastes Si Good is Sister Morphine...it has at least one extra verse...I've never heard it before and I've been collecting boots for over 30 years!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003