ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Live Debut for Jumping Jack Flash
New Musical Express Pollwinners Concert.
Empire Pool, Wembley - London 12th May 1968
Last live performance with Brian in front of public audience

The Daily Mirror Collection
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question on a Stones song Return to archive
06-06-03 12:46 PM
latkablue Has anyone heard of the Stones doing a song with the Beatles? I saw it on a music download site - here is what is says:
Drift Away / Rolling Stones (Rare, with The Beatles)

I downloaded it and I don't believethe beatles are on it. It sounds like a studio version of 'Drift Away' Very good by the way, but just wondering if anyone has heard the stones doing a song with the Beatles.

Thanks
06-06-03 12:51 PM
steel driving hammer I don't think the beatles are on Drift Away.

John Lemmon though is on Too Many Cooks, a song Jagger sings.

Don't know how that happend...
06-06-03 12:53 PM
throbby John and Paul sing background vocals on "We Love You".
06-06-03 06:06 PM
Kjell And on the other hand.
Brian plays sax on
Beatles: You know my name -67
Mick sings background vocals on
Beatles: Baby you're a rich man -67
Mick & Keith sings background vocals on
Beatles: All you need is love -67
Cheers
06-06-03 08:56 PM
mac_daddy "John Lemmon though is on Too Many Cooks, a song Jagger sings.

Don't know how that happend..."

they were in LA together - it was during John Lennon's "lost weekend" (which lasted longer than that; it was his time in L.A. sans Yoko). They recorded it with some west coast session guys - the rhythm section that backed Zevon and Jackson Browne...

the masters of that track just went for around $130,000 USD at auction (the auction house thought it would fetch over $1 million)

Lennon is not on Drift Away, but both tracks are on "It's Only Goat's Head Soup (but we like it)." As it happens, I just started a vine with that title by sending it (along with "Acetates" - which contains much of the same material) to Lazy Bones. I will post a thread for said offer sometime this weekend.

vine-related thread is here.

[Edited by mac_daddy]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003