ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Live Debut for Jumping Jack Flash
New Musical Express Pollwinners Concert.
Empire Pool, Wembley - London 12th May 1968
Last live performance with Brian in front of public audience

The Daily Mirror Collection
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rollingstones.com member survey Return to archive
06-05-03 02:11 PM
Travellin Man What do people think about the survey up on Rollingstones.com asking about the types of products/services that should be made available for its members after the tour?

There are a lot of interesting options given like a better utilised archive and streams of entire live shows. A fan club only DVD as well as a club, arena and stadium three DVD box set are also mooted.

Does anyone reakon these will come to fruition - I suppose the more replies they receive, the better the chances.
06-05-03 02:21 PM
T&A I definitely think the Stones are listening here. They've taken action on polls before on rs.com. Clearly they are thinking about their "exit strategy" for this club vis-a-vis some investments that the Stones are planning (DVD box) or have already made (the videos they've put up). Makes a helluva lot of sense. I think if they see a lot of enthusiasm for a DVD Box that they will make it available (not for free, though) to club members...easier to control distribution costs this way than to release it to the general public. sounds hopeful.....
06-05-03 03:06 PM
Gazza >A fan club only DVD as well as a club, arena and stadium three DVD box set are also mooted

hopefully they wont take as long to distribute them as they do the "40 licks" cd and that sexy hat!

..not to mention the concert tickets of course, wherever THEY are!

its not a bad idea in principle because surely the Stones know by now that following the way "No Security" bombed that theres no commercial sense in putting out another live album (not that it'll stop them though). Millions of ticket sales and satisfied concert goers doesnt translate into live album sales it seems. theyve recorded and filmed all these shows - may as well aim it to those of us who give a damn (thing is,will those not already IN the fan club have to pay another exorbitant fee to join just so they can purchase such a product? Bit unfair on genuine fans in places like South America,South Africa,Eastern Europe etc who had no real incentive to join before now as they had no concerts to buy hard to find tickets for)

however, a live DVD might sell OK commercially, although personally speaking the obvious DVD product to go for is a 40th anniversary retrospective with footage from through the bands career. Its a natural release to put out on the heels of the "40 licks" CD but theyre taking so long to do anything about it,theyre in danger of missing the best time to put it out
06-05-03 04:07 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Everyone's been putting out DVDs. They've all been selling well. If they get their acts (and marketing) together, I think a box set would actually sell better than the Zeppelin set making its rounds.

-tSYX --- You're gonna have to get used to it...
06-05-03 06:39 PM
Travellin Man I remember when 40 Licks was first released, there were adverts on telly featuring various archived clips - it kind of suggested that a visual history would be on its way. Like the recent Clash best of, I'd say a DVD would be far more essential than the CD and its not as if the stones couldn't fill a multi disc anthology series (the presence of the unofficial one proves that). The survey on the website seems to be geared towards using the internet as a source of archived material and DVDs for more recent stuff which is a bit of a shame if you're constrained by slow connection speeds like me.
06-06-03 05:16 AM
luxury1 everyone should take this survey. I had much trouble working the mechanics however. Had to have my kids help me get those numbers in the boxes.
06-06-03 10:30 AM
quackenbush Where is the survey on the rollingstones.com?
06-06-03 10:52 AM
steel driving hammer No shit I can't find the survey link either!
06-06-03 01:24 PM
Travellin Man Having looked again, the survey is pretty difficlt to find. The link I used is the 'Special Feature' icon in the top right hand corner of the 'Virtual Ticket' area - a picture of Mick and Keith in the studio(I reakon each survey gets its own ID number so I can't post an exact link - sorry). Its the same place as that poll on the B Stage song has been for the last couple of months.

06-06-03 10:35 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Travellin Man wrote:
The link I used is the 'Special Feature' icon in the top right hand corner of the 'Virtual Ticket' area

Thanx.
I voted 1 on the DVD box set with complete shows too, obviously, and 10 on a rs.com email address.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003