ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Live Debut for Jumping Jack Flash
New Musical Express Pollwinners Concert.
Empire Pool, Wembley - London 12th May 1968
Last live performance with Brian in front of public audience

The Daily Mirror Collection
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: IORR.org Reports Hearing Keith Rehearse "New Ballad" Return to archive
06-05-03 01:00 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Ohhh, sounds like a new album track, though it might well just be something really obscure like "Coming Down Again" or even "Losing My Touch" or maybe, just maybe, "You Win Again".

"The "Keith ballad" is something I have never heard before. It sounded great. May be it is from the next studio album, some of the 30 or so tracks they did in Paris May last year? They did it two times, so may be it will be played during the tour too."

Check out their full reports here: http://www.iorr.org/tour03/munich.htm

-tSYX --- You win again...
06-05-03 04:44 AM
dealer squealing It must be a new track otherwise the reporter(Bjornulf) should have noticed it.
06-05-03 09:56 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
dealer squealing wrote:
It must be a new track otherwise the reporter(Bjornulf) should have noticed it.

That's kinda what I was thinking - if Bjornulf didn't recognize it, it's highly probable that it's a new number, although I still think it might be "You Win Again".

-tSYX --- I just need a little cab fare...
06-05-03 10:28 AM
jb Another "Keith Ballad"...
06-05-03 10:47 AM
nankerphelge Yeah, wouldn't you like to hear another Keith Rocker!

Enough of the fucking ballads Keith...
06-05-03 10:49 AM
T&A in some Swedish newspaper the Stones are apparently reported as saying they are working on a new studio album during the European tour - so perhaps this new Keith tune is apart of that process...
06-05-03 10:59 AM
jb If true, it sadly evidences a real inability of Keith to be able to come up with anything decent since "Can't be seen with you".
06-05-03 11:02 AM
T&A hey - nothing wrong with a good ballad, too, Josh...I happen to think Losing My Touch is one of Keith's best-ever tunes. Also - I really detest Can't Be Seen - very weak rocker. I'll take a good ballad over a lame rocker anyday...
06-05-03 11:06 AM
Tom
quote:
jb wrote:
If true, it sadly evidences a real inability of Keith to be able to come up with anything decent since "Can't be seen with you".

It's "Can't be seen"
06-05-03 12:50 PM
padre Fuck no! Not another ballad from Keef! Do a great acoustic blues number like in the Voodoo Lounge outtakes, but please not another ballad. Blues Blues Blues!!
06-05-03 12:59 PM
nankerphelge Agreed padre -- blues from Keith = heaven
Ballad # 753 in a series from Keith is just too damn much!
I liked the Worst and I liked Thief, but enuf is e-fucking-nuf!

If I wanted old rockers singing sad ballads, I'd be an Aerosmith fan!
06-05-03 01:36 PM
jb Now what are you gonna say Tom?
06-06-03 03:09 AM
Diedre Hey, be nice. Keith has written rockers for years, but gives them to Mick to sing. Perhaps Keith is not comfortable singing the rocking songs. Maybe the balladry is easier on the voice. Also, maybe the intimacy of the ballad format suits what he's got to say better. I don't know. Or maybe he's just getting older and leaves it to the other guy to make a fool of himself singing the rock songs.
06-06-03 03:53 AM
~AzQb

Nice&true deed there, Deidre!

You were worth a peek back at RO!~

~
06-06-03 04:25 AM
Dr. Frankenstone <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
06-06-03 08:16 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Diedre wrote:
Hey, be nice. Keith has written rockers for years, but gives them to Mick to sing. Perhaps Keith is not comfortable singing the rocking songs. Maybe the balladry is easier on the voice. Also, maybe the intimacy of the ballad format suits what he's got to say better. I don't know. Or maybe he's just getting older and leaves it to the other guy to make a fool of himself singing the rock songs.

I think when Keith writes the rockers, Mick writes the lyrics, which is why they've gotten stranger and stranger over the years. "Sparks Will Fly" anyone? That was a pure Keith number, and Mick himself said the boys had quite an incredulous look on their faces when they heard his lyrics for the first time.

Although he says it was probably because he used the lyric "I wanna fuck yo' sweet ass" in there.

-tSYX --- Star fucker star fucker star fucker star fucker star yes you are, yes you are!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003