ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Live Debut for Jumping Jack Flash
New Musical Express Pollwinners Concert.
Empire Pool, Wembley - London 12th May 1968
Last live performance with Brian in front of public audience

The Daily Mirror Collection
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Exile on Main Street Blues??? Return to archive
06-04-03 06:53 PM
tDice pimp Hello again
I was looking for some lyrics and I stumbled upon the lyrics for "Exile on Main Street Blues". A lot of songs from the album were included in this track and on the notes about the song said the following: "This, the title cut to the Exile album was not included with the album's release but in limited edition as a promo for the album".
What I'd like to know is of this was a trakc recorded separately from the songs featured on the track or is it just a mix?? and also where can I get it?????
06-04-03 07:58 PM
beer it was a flexi-disc given away to promote the album when it first came out. i think so anyway. i've heard two different versions of it. one with parts of the actual Exile songs edited together and another shorter version that goes somethin like this:
"Exile on Mainstreet, it's a strange street to walk down
Now let it loose, now girl, let it all hang down
round up those people, move 'em out of town
Gimmie little drink from your loving cup
Now shake your hip mama, keep me all shook up
Feeling so doggone happy like a natural child
Oh help me do the boogie all down the line
Come on Virginia, let's shoot some dice
My sweet black angel, shine a light "

it's on Mickboys Exile, too.
[Edited by beer]
06-04-03 08:52 PM
tDice pimp ok, thanks beer.
06-04-03 09:58 PM
mac_daddy it's on a few other boots, too

I would love to see a picture of the fan-club flexi on which it was released. Does anybody with a scanner have it?

I will dig up the boot that has the cleanest version of that track I own, and burn a copy for the first who posts the scan

Thanks, in advance.
06-04-03 10:16 PM
Kjell The flexi was free with NME magazine (UK) 29 April 1972 and has the label nr SFI 107 "Exile on main st."
I played it once a long time ago and as i remeber it's Mick and someone playing piano (Keith?)
I do have the flexi but no scanner.
Cheers
[Edited by Kjell]
06-04-03 10:23 PM
mac_daddy how does the flexi sound?

nico has a scan here >> on April 29,1972 - I win

I have never heard the version with the tracks juxtaposed together, only the one with Mick on the keys.

He also writes the following about March 28:

Los Angeles, Sunset Sound Studios. Producer: Jimmy Miller. Sound engineer: Andy Johns.

- Exile On Main St. Blues (MJ/KR) -flexisingle-version
- I Don't Care (MJ/KR)

-MJ on piano and vocals only

Note: MJ was probably the only Stone who was present at this session.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
06-04-03 11:11 PM
tDice pimp man, that's a relic, a real trasure. A perfect Stones collectible. I would really love to have one of those flexi discs . . Man, I dig Exile, side 1 rocks!

A quick question out of subject . . . How does "Happy" sound on this tour?? Is Keith kicking ass on vocals??
06-05-03 04:48 PM
Kjell The flexi is now & then in stock at:
http://eil.com/shop/artistlist.asp?artistname=rolling-stones&page=9&sort=5
this dudes has a lot of rare stuff but prices is a knock off.
06-05-03 09:19 PM
tDice pimp cool, thanks a lor for the link Kjell
06-06-03 07:13 PM
stewed & Keefed I have the Flexi disc I will try to scan both sides and put it up

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003