ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Lynn!
Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bono: 'Dylan's eccentricities are a facade' Return to archive
June 3rd, 2005 09:05 AM
Ten Thousand Motels BONO: 'DYLAN'S ECCENTRICITIES ARE A FACADE'

Irish rocker BONO is suspicious of BOB DYLAN's "so-called eccentricity" - he is convinced the legendary singer is hiding behind a mask.

The U2 frontman claims BLONDE ON BLONDE star Dylan conceals his true self beneath a facade - and the real Dylan is a strong family man who adores his children.

He says, "I think underneath all the so-called eccentricity, which I think is just a mask, there's a very true person.

"He's a good father - I've seen him with his children - with a moral compass, and who can get lost at sea like everybody.

"But I think he's very strong."

03/06/2005 09:16

June 3rd, 2005 09:18 AM
Factory Girl Bono's humanitarian pesterings are a mask.

June 3rd, 2005 09:21 AM
Jumacfly Bono talks too much...but it's still better than hearing him singing!!
June 3rd, 2005 09:30 AM
Jair It seems Bono has nothing to do lately...He's enjoying talk about someone else families
June 3rd, 2005 09:30 AM
blackandblue These threads about Bono are tiresome. If you don't like the man don't read interviews with him.
June 3rd, 2005 09:33 AM
blackandblue Besides if you have read the Dylan Chronicles you know Bono was the man who inspired Dylan to work with Daniel Lanois. And as we all know 'Oh Mercy' was the resurrection of Dylan.
June 3rd, 2005 09:39 AM
FotiniD Bono seems on a quest this week to prove rock musicians can be good fathers at the same time
June 3rd, 2005 10:18 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Put yer cheap sunglasses on Bono and try singing a song instead openning that yap with goofy remarks all the time. Can't the man be content being a star and just sing, instead of always trying to be a preacher, teacher and politician?
June 3rd, 2005 10:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jair wrote:
It seems Bono has nothing to do lately...He's enjoying talk about someone else families

nope...all these quotes you're reading are just lifted/serialised from a new book "Bono on Bono"
June 3rd, 2005 10:38 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

nope...all these quotes you're reading are just lifted/serialised from a new book "Bono on Bono"

jeezus - is there such a thing..?
June 3rd, 2005 10:42 AM
GimmeExile Say what you want about Dylan, but he never gave a press conference at K-Mart or stepped out of a giant Lemon at a concert.

I'm a big U2 fan and like Bono, but sometimes he would be better off keeping his mouth shut.

[Edited by GimmeExile]
June 3rd, 2005 10:56 AM
Zeeta Nobber on Nobber more like!

The Edge? More like The C*nt!

Bono is just a bit too serious thats all and The Edge he needs to admit he has gone bald!
June 3rd, 2005 12:49 PM
Jair
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Ohh, a book? Haha!
Is there something usefull in it or its just about families?

Maybe is Bono following the Madonna steps? Or is he trying
full that empty self head?

I'm quite sure Freud had a better expression for that - empty self, lol!

June 4th, 2005 02:38 PM
gypsy I think the things Bono has said about the Stones and Dylan should be taken as compliments. He is not dissing any of them. He is merely stating that they are nice family men. What is so bad about that?
Everyone knows that Jagger, Richards, and Dylan all have facades that they keep up for the public.
June 5th, 2005 11:57 AM
Martha
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I think the things Bono has said about the Stones and Dylan should be taken as compliments. He is not dissing any of them. He is merely stating that they are nice family men. What is so bad about that?
Everyone knows that Jagger, Richards, and Dylan all have facades that they keep up for the public.

Gypsy > My thoughts exactly! Rock on sister!

:-)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)